Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Someone ordered pizza for a meeting

OK, that's great, but...what the hell! Whomever was in charge ordered four pies: One with PEPPERS, OLIVES AND ONIONS, one with PINEAPPLE AND BACON, one with MAC AND CHEESE (wtf) and one with ANCHOVIES.

Ever heard of pepperoni, people?? So now I'm stuck eating their nasty side salads.

by Anonymousreply 14802/16/2013

Boo hoo

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

I hate pepperoni, shithead -- and that's always what they order.

So suck it up.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

2 of those sound great to me. To bad your tastes are so limited.

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

I just think it would have been thoughtful to order something more basic. Not everyone enjoys anchovies much less MACARONI on a pizza. I grew up eating a simple NYC slice - pool of oil and cheese. That's it. I'm sick of this artisanal pizza crap.

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

Are you going to quit over this outrage, OP?!

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

And another thing -- why are the side salads nothing but shredded carrot, croutons, and iceberg, topped with some kind of thick cream dressing. How about some healthy vegetables in there, like mushrooms or tomatoes? A maple vinaigrette maybe? Last time we had a company meeting, someone ordered Chinese food for a change, which was nice -- except again -- totally fatty and weird choices like Pu Pu Platter with crab rangoons and egg rolls. Why not change things up with some sliced sichuan fish or at least steamed vegetables/bok choy. WTF.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

No, I am not going to quit ha ha. But I get cranky when my blood sugar is low, and since I cannot eat the pizza and have had only salad, I feel pretty horrible and I'm upset nobody thought to order something basic, out of consideration.

by Anonymousreply 702/15/2013

You get croutons???

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

That's to say nothing of the drink choices -- all soda! Diet and non. I brought water to the meeting and someone made a crack about it. OK, right, I should drink that nasty carbonated jet fuel.

by Anonymousreply 902/15/2013

I'm still mad over the big meeting we had a couple of months ago, when I was salivating all day thinking about the pizza they were ordering.

I got to the meeting and they had ordered...Papa John's.

In New York City.

by Anonymousreply 1002/15/2013

OP :

Listen up!

No one gives a rat's ass about your dietary objections and considerations.

Get over it, you idiot!

Or quit, pussy!

by Anonymousreply 1102/15/2013

That is ridiculous! In New York? You could have had Korean or Ethiopian, or at least a very good pizza from SG...wtf.

by Anonymousreply 1202/15/2013

OP, you are just a toxic negative nelly, who would complain even if they served your kind of pizza to you on a silver platter. A macaroni&cheese pizza does seem rather ridiculous, but any kind of pizza is going to contain flour and cheese, so there is nothing in macaroni&cheese that you would not be eating anyway. Eat or don't eat, just suit yourself, and quit your belly-aching! You know you don't even have to work here, go form your own company and do everything exactly the way you want.

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013

I'm not toxic at all. I said NOTHING about the pizza choices, got some salad, and kept my annoyances to myself. But I'm heartbroken. I was looking forward to a tasty lunch, didn't pack my own lunch because I knew about this meeting, and then what? They can't be bothered to order a simple pizza for people who have more tame tastes, or who don't want to carb load like a marathon runner? Then, if I had brought my own food into the meeting, it would have looked diva ish and I would've appeared like a non-team-player. So it's a no win.

by Anonymousreply 1402/15/2013

Follow-up: I just sent the following email to the team.

All, Thanks for a productive lunch meeting. In the future may I suggest ordering food that everyone might enjoy. Pizza is a great choice; however some of us have dietary restrictions and tame palates. So a simple cheese pizza is foolproof. I appreciate the effort and do not want to cause problems, however I do think it is something we should seek to change for inclusivity's sake.

by Anonymousreply 1502/15/2013

Those are some pretty odd toppings for a random crowd. Anchovies and pineapple have, at best, extremely narrow appeal. Olives are divisive, you either love 'em or you hate 'em. For a big crowd you should go with simple crowd-pleasing options that cover a wide ranch of tastes and diets.

In my office it's:

Plain (cheese)

Pepperoni

Mushroom

Spinach/veggies

We always order multiples of the first two at least because they have the broadest appeal. The latter choices are less popular but still good for the vegetarians and those who want something lighter and slightly healthier. If it's a big order for the whole company they might throw in some white pies with spinach/chicken, a few margheritas (tomato, basil and ricotta) and maybe an additional meat option like sausage, but that's it. Never anchovies or pineapple. One person out of a hundred might eat that shit.

by Anonymousreply 1602/15/2013

NO, they can't.

OP, you are such a fussy, prissy little queen. Stop complaining and bring food in from home if you get "cranky" like a 6 month old baby when your blood sugar gets low.

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2013

I'm going to assume that the OP resides in some far flung corner of suburbia (or some place equally horrifying) because "real" pizza is NOT served with pineapple as a topping.

by Anonymousreply 1802/15/2013

No wonder there are so many tubby tubas walking around. Mac and cheese on a Pizza? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 1902/15/2013

Heartbroken?? Oh, really!

by Anonymousreply 2002/15/2013

No I reside in the tech corridor of MA

by Anonymousreply 2102/15/2013

OP:

Be sure to call in sick Monday if you're still "heartbroken."

by Anonymousreply 2202/15/2013

Exactly why would anyone ever put mac and cheese on top of an already cheesy pizza. It was like congealed thick curls of pasta coated in a very thick sauce. Of course everyone just dove on in. Oh what a cute idea! Mac and cheese pizza! NO a real pizza has tomato sauce and cheese with a thin blistery crust and that is ALL.

by Anonymousreply 2302/15/2013

Mushroom is not a vegetable.

by Anonymousreply 2402/15/2013

Like I said...

by Anonymousreply 2502/15/2013

OK, I just got this email response from the team organizer:

Thanks for your thoughts! I thought it would be fun to broaden our dining horizons. I do regret that we didn't offer simpler options. Next week, we will be ordering sushi, so if you have any restrictions please let me know in advance so we can accommodate.

by Anonymousreply 2602/15/2013

Don't be such a baby, try something new for a change, you might just like it. I can't believe these stupid frauish types who create such a selfish fuss over something as trivial as food, especially when they are getting it for free.

by Anonymousreply 2702/15/2013

r18, it's actually a huge and diverse area full of MIT and Harvard graduates, sorry it's not NYC but it's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 2802/15/2013

r27 I would happily try something new on my own time and my own dime. But why should I be forced to eat something strange at a work-mandated function? It seems highly unfair not to mention inconsiderate.

by Anonymousreply 3002/15/2013

PS-You're probably one of these dumbass retards who don't eat the end crust "cuz yer not supposed tah"--the same types who think fortune cookies aren't meant to be eaten.

by Anonymousreply 3102/15/2013

Oh and of course everyone else got to take home left overs. But I didn't. What would I do, take home some salad? These people all get dinner out of it. I just called my partner from behind closed doors and have calmed down a bit. Sorry DL needed to vent...

by Anonymousreply 3202/15/2013

We always order of order a couple of plain cheese pizzas at the office. Not everyone eats pig.

by Anonymousreply 3302/15/2013

I don't eat fortune cookies because I don't like the taste. I love eating crust. It's wonderful -- thin blistery NY style pies. This crust was, from what I could gather, doughy and undercooked.

by Anonymousreply 3402/15/2013

Yes r33 the sensible and polite thing to do is to order a couple of plain pies for the tame or dieting diners.

by Anonymousreply 3502/15/2013

R28 Yes, filled with people who think that a proper pizza has pineapple as a topping. Enough said.

If you choose to live in such places, then eat the slop that the locals crave and stop complaining.

by Anonymousreply 3602/15/2013

r26's "I thought it would be fun..."

Famous Last Words

by Anonymousreply 3702/15/2013

[quote] I just called my partner from behind closed doors and have calmed down a bit.

However will you sort the mail on Monday?

by Anonymousreply 3802/15/2013

r22, very funny, but I have Monday off anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3902/15/2013

I can empathize with OP. At my office, whenever "lunch" is being ordered for us (by a male manager), it's generally pizza. We do order at least 2 plain, 2 sausage, 1 pepperoni, 1 veggie and a margherita pie. The salad, however, is a mesclun mix with blue cheese, walnuts and cranberries that seems to go pretty quickly. (I don't like cranberries or bleu cheese so I don't eat the salad). In addition to the above they also sometimes order garlic knots, buffalo wings and meatball/sausage sandwiches.

The marjority of our office is male so they go through this food pretty quickly.

If one of the female managers is ordering lunch, its generally from Panera and a nice assortment of sandwiches. Funny but the female managers will announce that they are buying lunch for the office and ask if anyone has a special order and will always order a garden salad with assorted dressings on the side.

by Anonymousreply 4002/15/2013

PINEAPPLE is actually a very common pizza topping, r18. For a New Yorker, you sound like a clueless bozo who never travels anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 4102/15/2013

THIS.NEVER.HAPPENED.

by Anonymousreply 4202/15/2013

If I'm not mistaken, in Italy they put a wide variety of things on their pizzas, including things like thinly sliced potatoes and/or peas. It seems to be Americans who cry and whine if pizza isn't exactly the way they think it should be, just like infants.

by Anonymousreply 4302/15/2013

Yes R41....common for people who don't truly appreciate what real Italian pizza is. Of course, one can put virtually any topping on a pizza, that doesn't make it proper or even right.

Oh....and just a little side note, the Olive Garden does not serve authentic Italian food either. Based on your feelings about pineapple as a pizza topping, I felt that it needed to be said.

by Anonymousreply 4402/15/2013

SOMEONE, OP?! WHO!? WHO WAS IT!?!!! SLAP THEM!! SLAP THEM VICIOUSLY!!!

by Anonymousreply 4502/15/2013

Pizza is best plain, I agree op. A nice slice, with napkin to soak up the oil and a salad with a dab of dressing. Done.

by Anonymousreply 4602/15/2013

As we catapult into frau cube territory, your "team" email shows you to be the whiner that you appear to be. I agree that the choices are rather weird, but being "heartbroken" to have to eat a boring salad for lunch? Why not volunteer to do the ordering next time so that people can bitch and moan about your choices?

by Anonymousreply 4702/15/2013

[quote]I said NOTHING about the pizza choices, got some salad, and kept my annoyances to myself.

Two out of three ain't bad.

by Anonymousreply 4802/15/2013

18 out of the 49 posts in this thread are OP's.

by Anonymousreply 4902/15/2013

Sounds like the OP is a sad, hysterical queen. The amount of drama resulting from a simple work lunch is laughable. Could one only imagine how absolutely sad and pathetic his life must be for pizza to cause so much angst and distress? Wow...

by Anonymousreply 5002/15/2013

Sushi on pizza? Yum!

by Anonymousreply 5202/15/2013

R4 = 100 years old.

by Anonymousreply 5302/15/2013

R53, R4 = OP, a sad, hysterical queen.

by Anonymousreply 5402/15/2013

[quote]PINEAPPLE is actually a very common pizza topping, [R18]

Um, in Hawaii maybe. In the rest of the US it is not. Most places near me don't even offer it, and I've never been at a group gathering where pizza toppings were being discussed and heard anyone ever suggest it.

by Anonymousreply 5502/15/2013

I have never heard of mac and cheese pizza as a meal for black people. I see it as a choice for pub food. I think it is for the crowd who order loaded tater tots and feel the need to tell the internet about it.

by Anonymousreply 5602/15/2013

[quote] Um, in Hawaii maybe. In the rest of the US it is not. Most places near me don't even offer it, and I've never been at a group gathering where pizza toppings were being discussed and heard anyone ever suggest it.

Bullshit. It might be that nobody likes pineapple, but everywhere has this.

by Anonymousreply 5702/15/2013

And you know this because you've personally researched every single pizza shop in the US, R57? You sound stupid.

Do you own stock in Dole? Pineapple really is not a popular pizza topping in the US.

by Anonymousreply 5802/15/2013

I think the really pathetic person in this thread is the New Yorker who's trying to lord his pizza superiority over the rest of us. Are you one of those sad fools who hasn't set foot off the island of Manhattan in 10 yrs?

by Anonymousreply 5902/15/2013

[quote] And you know this because you've personally researched every single pizza shop in the US, [R57]? You sound stupid

Is that the level of evidence needed for you to believe anything?

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 6002/15/2013

I hate ordering pizza for a work group. Pizza brings out the worst in everyone.

by Anonymousreply 6102/15/2013

[quote]Um, in Hawaii maybe. In the rest of the US it is not. Most places near me don't even offer it, and I've never been at a group gathering where pizza toppings were being discussed and heard anyone ever suggest it.

WTF?! You must live in Bumfuck, Bumfuck, USA.

by Anonymousreply 6202/15/2013

So, OP.

What did you tell her about sushi?

You hate it?

by Anonymousreply 6302/15/2013

I couldn't POSSIBLY eat pizza...do I look Italian?

by Anonymousreply 6402/15/2013

Don't eat what you don't like. Be polite but firm and stick to your guns.

by Anonymousreply 6502/15/2013

[quote]Of course, one can put virtually any topping on a pizza, that doesn't make it proper or even right.

Since when did the concepts of "proper" & "right" apply to pizza? I doubt that Miss Manners takes a position on this.

I don't know about the rest of the USA, but pineapple on pizza is quite popular in N. California.

For the record: I grow cranky if I can't get anchovies on my pizza.

by Anonymousreply 6602/15/2013

Baby tastes!

by Anonymousreply 6702/15/2013

[quote] Of course, one can put virtually any topping on a pizza, that doesn't make it proper or even right.

What's it called when the pizza go up in the other pizza?

by Anonymousreply 6802/15/2013

[quote]What's it called when the pizza go up in the other pizza?

Stuffed crust.

by Anonymousreply 6902/15/2013

Actually R67 I think being revolted by mac and cheese is the opposite of baby tastes.

by Anonymousreply 7002/15/2013

I like slices of ham and salami on mine. Add some onions, corn, and an extra dose of garlic and I am in pizza heaven.

by Anonymousreply 7102/15/2013

Corn on a pizza sounds positively heinous.

by Anonymousreply 7202/15/2013

[quote]WTF?! You must live in Bumfuck, Bumfuck, USA.

No, I live in Philly. Pineapple is not a popular pizza topping here. Meats and veggies, yes. Italian-influenced combinations, absolutely. "Hawaiian" pizza? Not much of a thing here. It's a niche offering at best. I just checked my top three go-to pizza joints in my neighborhood and only one of them lists it on the menu. It's the fanciest of the three and has an entire page of its menu devoted to "specialty pizzas", so it's between the "Greek pizza" topped with spinach and feta and the "Buffalo Pizza" topped with buffalo sauce and blue cheese. It's clearly not a standard option in these parts.

You must be quite sheltered yourself, to assume that everyone in the country has the same exact tastes as you.

by Anonymousreply 7302/15/2013

[quote]Is that the level of evidence needed for you to believe anything?

I need a little more than the blabbering of an anonymous nobody claiming pineapple pizza is available "everywhere", especially when my own personal experience has taught me that it is not.

And the all-caps "cunt" confirmed it: you really are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 7402/15/2013

Honey, you looked up the menus of three pizza joints to prove a point to anonymous people on a messageboard...

by Anonymousreply 7502/15/2013

It's one think to eat all sorts of things, but it is another to put stupid things on a pizza. I remember a pizza at work that invovlved a whole wheat crust and raw broccoli. This place also put seafood on pizza.

by Anonymousreply 7602/15/2013

I hate it when they put baby brains on a pizza.

by Anonymousreply 7702/15/2013

I think it's obnoxious to order pizza with strange toppings.

by Anonymousreply 7802/15/2013

"Why not change things up with some sliced sichuan fish or at least steamed vegetables/bok choy. WTF."

I hope R6 isn't as boring in real life as the boring shit he shoves in his pie hole. WTF!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7902/15/2013

WTF is "Mac & Cheese" pizza?? Sounds disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 8002/15/2013

[quote]I need a little more than the blabbering of an anonymous nobody claiming pineapple pizza is available "everywhere", especially when my own personal experience has taught me that it is not.

Domino's, Pizza Hut and Papa John's all offer it as a topping. It's everywhere.

Also, you sound like a real fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 8202/15/2013

I wish I had a job & coworkers to eat pizza with. I used change to buy tuna helper today.

by Anonymousreply 8302/15/2013

It's somewhere between amusing and appalling to notice how quickly this threat has deteriorated to people fighting over pizza toppings; Christ on a cross, some of you seem more annoyed at each other than OP was at his manager who ordered overly-exotic (IMHO) pizza.

My $.02: have worked a number of jobs; sometimes was asked to order the pizza myself; OP and other posters who mention: 1-2 pepperoni, a veggie; maybe one more "special" - are in the majority in my experience.

I grew up in norther NY; have lived in NYC, have ranted any place I've worked about pineapple on pizza (usually with ham), BUT I know there are people who like it. Doubtless people like anchovies, too, but they are in the minority.

Mac and cheese on a pizza/??? Just when I think I've heard it all...!! I still marvel at sliced potato as a pizza topping. Never heard of corn as a topping; thanks to the poster who mentioned.

Buffalo chicken bites/tenders/whatever I have heard of; sounds not bad.

OP, I would love to know more about the person who ordered these pizzas: male? female? straight? gay? frau?

And sushi next? I don't know you or your manager, obviously, but I'm thinking he/she is at minimum:

Passive aggressive, much?

Bring a cheese sandwich next time, for your "safety"!

by Anonymousreply 8402/15/2013

r84, get thee to a California Pizza Kitchen Stat! Their Thai pizza is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 8502/15/2013

r61 says it best.

by Anonymousreply 8602/15/2013

Couldn't you have picked off what you didn't like?? OP, your the kind of asshole I'm glad I don't work with.

by Anonymousreply 8702/15/2013

OP, since you were so heartbroken, you should've made a big show of sneezing all those pizzas so no one could have any.

Fair is fair, right?

by Anonymousreply 8902/15/2013

OP sounds like he felt he was attacked on an emotional level because his special pizza requirements were not taken into consideration. I've worked with people like OP, and feeding him a steady diet of anchovies would not be adequate payback.

Normal people are able to remove pizza toppings they don't care to eat. They don't have to sequester themselves so their boyfriends to talk them down off the ledge nor do they send out whiny emails afterward trying to make the pizza orderers feel guilty.

I don't know that OP has nursery tastes, but he certainly doesn't seem to have progressed emotionally beyond the nursery. OP might consider keeping an emergency food supply in his desk in the event his co-workers continue to try to starve him to death.

The sushi should be even better. I do hope OP will share that episode with us too.

by Anonymousreply 9002/15/2013

Actually I wish more companies ordered sushi at meetings and functions, because it is healthy, not messy, and easily shareable. I hate eating pizza at meetings -- dripping with goo, oily, and some people take napkins and begin blotting halfway through the presentations. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 9102/15/2013

We have iced water at our meetings, never food. All those awful people who exchange platitudes are bad enough with seeing them feeding at the trough.

by Anonymousreply 9202/15/2013

My opinion on pizza:

Mac n Cheese sounds kinda like overkill, more than "gross." It does not sound African-American to me at all, more yuppie if anything. I hate pineapple with a passion, but Hawaiian does seem a relatively common available option. I would be incredibly happy with a double anchovy pizza! Any option with chicken on pizza just doesn't work - sorry! An office order should have one plain, one meat and one vegetarian, as a minimum.

Sushi is fraught with peril, as I loathe cucumber.

by Anonymousreply 9302/15/2013

This thread is a great example of how out of touch some of you eldergays are.

Pineapple has been a common pizza topping for, what, at least 20 or 30 years now.

by Anonymousreply 9402/15/2013

[R90] Yes, you can remove the offending topping. I once worked with a loathsome Pakistani woman who was Muslim. She was constantly criticizes all things American. When we had pizza at work she would remove the pepperoni and eat the pizza. One day I decided to poke at her and asked her why she thought removing the pig from the pizza did not leave pig grease swimming on top of the pizza? She put that slice down, gave me the filthiest look and never again ate our pizza. I felt so satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 9502/15/2013

I agree that the pizza choices were a bit odd if you are trying to please a variety of tastes. If you pick anchovies or olives off they still leave a taste behind, and sometimes, the little buggers are under the cheese so you get a bite of nastiness no matter how well you scour the slice beforehand. I hate olives and anchovies so I wouldn't have touched either of those pies. I think pineapple and bacon are not the greatest toppings, but I would choke a slice down and keep my mouth shut.

I'd certainly put up a fuss over sushi, though. I can't abide the stuff.

by Anonymousreply 9602/15/2013

R82. Thank you using those examples because anyone that understands what real pizza is knows that those "pizza" places don't serve authentic pizza.

Ok...you're obviously a low rent flyover. Now this whole thread makes sense.

Pizza Hut....really???

by Anonymousreply 9702/15/2013

Ooops..meant to say thank you for using.

by Anonymousreply 9802/15/2013

Amazed by the poster who cited Papa John's, Pizza Hut and Dominoe's as sources of authentic pizza. If that's your standard for decent pizza, I pity you. Yes, they have pineapple, but not every pizza place does.

by Anonymousreply 9902/15/2013

R97, "authentic" pizza varies by geographical location.

People who love Chicago-style pizza would gag over the description of the NY slice that is cardboard crust swimming in grease earlier in the thread.

I don't eat pizza from any of those three chains, but they're far more ubiquitous than NY-style pizza.

by Anonymousreply 10002/15/2013

Many top places have avant garde and outre pizzas.

by Anonymousreply 10102/15/2013

I don't eat any raw or undercooked animal product. Sushi should not be ordered without providing some non-fish, non-raw alternative. OP is acting like a spoiled asshole, but nevertheless if they were getting a pizza place to deliver, they should have ordered breadsticks, antipasto, buffalo wings or whatever alternatives that the pizza place sells.

by Anonymousreply 10202/15/2013

Is it wrong that when I first saw the title, I thought of "Someone left a cake out in the rain?"

(tee-hee)

by Anonymousreply 10302/15/2013

My favorite is the pan pizza with ground beef, bacon, onions, and sharp cheddar.

by Anonymousreply 10402/15/2013

God, pepperoni is vile. Greasy, spicy chunks of fat.

by Anonymousreply 10502/15/2013

OP you sound like a mincing prisspot and that precious email you sent would make me come to your desk and bitchslap your princess ass. When adults are faced with pizza topping they do not like, they just pick it off and eat the slice without it. Christ, what a whiny, passive-aggresive bitch you are.

by Anonymousreply 10602/15/2013

Pizza is a think crispy crust. Tangy sauce but not too much of it. Italian sausage, mushrooms, crushed red pepper flakes and mozzarella cheese. If you are ever in Dallas seek out Campisi's Egyptian restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 10702/15/2013

[quote]Mac n Cheese sounds kinda like overkill, more than "gross." It does not sound African-American to me at all, more yuppie if anything.

It sounds like a Paula Deen idea. And she'd deep fry it.

by Anonymousreply 10802/15/2013

Is that Ethiopian restaurant the one over there by the old Melrose Hotel?

by Anonymousreply 10902/15/2013

Basic Situation Troll.

by Anonymousreply 11002/15/2013

"I think the really pathetic person in this thread is the New Yorker who's trying to lord his pizza superiority over the rest of us"

But OP, you said you wanted NY pizza in your other 75 posts.

by Anonymousreply 11102/15/2013

[quote]Amazed by the poster who cited Papa John's, Pizza Hut and Dominoe's as sources of authentic pizza. If that's your standard for decent pizza, I pity you. Yes, they have pineapple, but not every pizza place does.

Where did "authentic" come into this? The point being, some dumbass eldergay upthread said: "Pineapple really is not a popular pizza topping in the US."

Three huge pizza chains all have it as an option. It's popular.

by Anonymousreply 11202/15/2013

I wish office luches were still like they were years ago, like on 'Mad Men' - a bottle of whiskey and an ashtray. Food? Who needs food?

by Anonymousreply 11302/15/2013

OP must be an old. We usually order Hawaiian and BBQ chicken, though those are in addition to cheese and pepperoni if there will be others we don't know.

by Anonymousreply 11402/15/2013

How rude of them, OP!

by Anonymousreply 11502/15/2013

I've seen pineapple on some pizza menus but I've never ordered it or known anyone who does. Not every place has it on the menu.

[quote] The point being, some dumbass eldergay upthread said: "Pineapple really is not a popular pizza topping in the US."

And yet no one actually said that. People are just saying that it is an unusual and non-standard topping in their observations. I do believe its popularity varies by region. My area has a lot of Italian Americans and I assure you pineapple is not a popular topping.

I pity anyone who only has chain pizza places to compare. This thread reeks of flyover rubes.

by Anonymousreply 11602/15/2013

Company I used to work for had monthly all staff meetings. Then they'd provide pizza for lunch.

The pizza came from a place here in the city that makes really good pizza. We're talking nice multi-grain crusts, etc.

They used to get shrimp on pizza which I love. Then another two of my favorite pizzas from this place, one is called Brimp - broccoli and shrimp, the other is meatachoke. It's meat and artichoke hearts.

Then they switched to a cheaper place. The pizza sucked.

by Anonymousreply 11702/15/2013

[quote]And yet no one actually said that.

Except R58 did.

by Anonymousreply 11802/15/2013

R117 This economy has been hard on us all.

by Anonymousreply 11902/15/2013

I hear what you're saying OP. I think fatties want everyone to be fat. There is no consideration for others.

Yea R19, What will they think of next? It's beyond crazy.

by Anonymousreply 12002/15/2013

Um, R58 did not say that. R58 did not say "Pineapple really is not a popular pizza topping in the US." Just scrolling your mouse over where you typed "R58" reveals that R58 did not say "Pineapple really is not a popular pizza topping in the US."

As others have noted, people are saying it is not a popular choice in their area, or among their friends/family. I agree that it's not one of the most popular toppings in my experience. People I know like pepperoni, sausage, chicken and assorted veggies. Mushrooms and olives tend to be divisive in small groups. Anyone suggesting pineapple would be laughed at.

Appearing on the menu of a national chain does not denote "popularity", just that there is a market for that item. I'd bet if Domino's or Pizza Hut released data on their most popular toppings, pineapple would not make the top 10.

by Anonymousreply 12102/15/2013

I hope those Mac & cheese pizzas have crusts stuffed with cheese!

by Anonymousreply 12202/15/2013

I doubt it was even pizza to begin with, but I would at least go with cheese before pepperoni.

by Anonymousreply 12302/15/2013

I think the pineapple thing is more of a West Coast thing

by Anonymousreply 12402/15/2013

[quote]R58 did not say "Pineapple really is not a popular pizza topping in the US." Just scrolling your mouse over where you typed "R58" reveals that R58 did not say "Pineapple really is not a popular pizza topping in the US."

Yes, R58 did say it. Are you blind?

by Anonymousreply 12502/15/2013

Pineapple is a main ingredient in a pretty popular combination of "Hawaiian Pizza"- which varies somewhat. I grew up with it being paired with "Canadian bacon" ham, but I've also seen it with almonds and other things.

That said, there are many places where Pizza is almost non-existent. I did not have the good fortune of growing up in NYC, where pizza is plentiful, but I grew up in a Mid-Atlantic area that featured plenty of pizza parlors and stands, often owned by families who had places in NY.

I moved to the Mid-West and there is almost no pizza of any kind to be found. What they call pizza is either a loaf of bread with cheese on top or that cracker-crust gritty squared stuff.

by Anonymousreply 12602/15/2013

It's big up here in Canada, r124.

I think we invented the Hawaiian- (ham and pineapple)

by Anonymousreply 12702/15/2013

Where I grew up on the East coast, a standard by the slice place would probably have cheese, pepperoni, sausage, mushroom and/or olives, but combinations like ham/pineapple, and mushrooms/onions/olives/peppers were pretty common.

by Anonymousreply 12802/15/2013

OP, those are nasty pizzas listed in your first post. Is the person who ordered them some frau from the sticks who just relocated to the city, trying to be "sophisticated"?

by Anonymousreply 12902/15/2013

Here in Seattle, when you order a take out pizza, you get a packet of shredded cheese along with it - WEIRD! The pizza here is ... edible, but nothing more. By NYC area standards it's pretty lame.

by Anonymousreply 13002/15/2013

[quote]I agree that it's not one of the most popular toppings in my experience.

No one has said it's one of the most popular toppings.

by Anonymousreply 13102/15/2013

where is here, R127 - Vancouver, Alberta, or Ontario.

It is not big in Montreal

by Anonymousreply 13202/15/2013

Yes R100...those pizza places are definitely more "common" like yourself obviously.

For example, the Olive Garden restaurants are coast to coast (quite common actually), but it is a marginal representation of authentic Italian food. The same goes for the low rent pizza places that feed the overweight masses in flyover country that have been referenced here on the DL.

Do most of you live from one welfare check to the next? The commentary on this site seems to indicate a very low class culinary appreciation.

Enjoy your pineapples...LOL.

by Anonymousreply 13302/16/2013

Who the fuck says pies? OP probably says pop instead of soda. Flyover.

by Anonymousreply 13402/16/2013

r134 Uh, very East coast people do, don't you know anything? Clearly you are a flyover rube who doesn't eat thin crust pies that you have to blot at due to the grease.

by Anonymousreply 13502/16/2013

[italic][R97], "authentic" pizza varies by geographical location.

Italians will decide what's authentic, and those chains would make our Italian great grandmothers' heads explode. That's American crap. It's the McDonalds of pizza.

by Anonymousreply 13602/16/2013

I'm a vegetarian. The ladies at work who order the food for meetings are always nice enough to keep that in mind. I don't ever make a big deal about it, because it's not like I'll starve if I miss out on some crappy lunch. However, I do get pissed off when meat eaters pile up the vegetarian pizza as well and I'm shit out of luck by the time I make it thru the "buffet".

And what is up with piggy people who go first in line and load up their plates?? Are they so greedy they don't care if there is enough for everyone? Especially pizza. No one should ever get more than two slices on the first trip through the line.

by Anonymousreply 13702/16/2013

WHET THE OP?

by Anonymousreply 13802/16/2013

Pizza in America is disgusting. Real pizza is a very thin crispy base with a thin layer of tomato paste and mozarella cheese sprinkled with light toppings like sliced parma ham and rocket. There should be nothing doughy about it. Those thick greasy things that pass for pizza in America are disgusting and make people obese.

by Anonymousreply 13902/16/2013

[/italics].

by Anonymousreply 14002/16/2013

Mama lurves herself some pizza. And big macs too

by Anonymousreply 14102/16/2013

[/italic]

There.

by Anonymousreply 14202/16/2013

This thread is full of assholes. R133 has no friends in real life.

by Anonymousreply 14302/16/2013

Hawaiian pizza is good, OP, you ungrateful douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 14402/16/2013

I thought pineapple on pizza was a Northern European phenomenon. I grew up in Holland, and these pizzas (the sure sign of a bad pizzeria) were known as "Hawaiian pizza." I've seen them in Germany as well, but never in the US.

by Anonymousreply 14502/16/2013

Pineapple and ham pizza is a.WASP favorite. So ethnic!

by Anonymousreply 14602/16/2013

Sorry, I didn't read the thread carefully enough. Never mind my post.

by Anonymousreply 14702/16/2013

I don't think people should be eating in meetings. Food is for functions and parties. Meetings should have water, coffee and tea available. You can stuff your piehole before or after the meeting.

by Anonymousreply 14802/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.