Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do Stephen Colbert and John Stewart Coordinate Their Shows?

I was watching their post SOTU shows the other night and it made me think. They are both reporting on the same event so the chances they would tell the same jokes or take a very similar approach is not slim. Yet they both went about it very in different ways. Colbert made fun of the Republican reaction to the speech while Stewart spent more time skewering the president. They both tackled Rubio's water lunge, but again, in very different ways. I wonder, do the writers talk to each other prior to taping to make sure their shows are not too alike?

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

I've seen either Colbert or Stewart talk about this and the answer they've given is very seldom do the writers talk to one another. I think only if they feel they've written a very obvious joke and that they usually have different takes on a situation. God bless them though, I swear these shows help keep me sane and the country would be a better place if only rightwingers would watch them.

But they don't, they figure it's all left wing propaganda. Altho I do think it's funny that it took them about 5 years to figure out that Colbert is doing a character.

by Anonymousreply 102/15/2013

[quote]But they don't, they figure it's all left wing propaganda.

Imagine how shocked they would be if they actually watched the show. Stewart pretty much raked Obama over the coals the other night. No one it seems except Stewart is spending any time on how his admin is refusing to hand over to congress information about the drone attacks and who is on the kill list or why.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.