Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Only in America could a business like Starbucks

take off.

Most of their coffee is burnt. Nasty vile and burnt.

Now they have blonde for those who do not like burnt coffee. Blonde has no discernible coffee flavor at all.

They now make two coffees, one tasteless and one burnt and they are the most successful coffee chain ever.

by Anonymousreply 12702/20/2013

I don't think Starbucks is that bad but I like strong coffee. The blonde roast is undrinkable however.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

What about OVERPRICED!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

I love strong coffee, I hate burnt coffee.

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

It should be noted that Starbucks is a huge success around the world. I was in a city in Japan when the first Starbucks opened there and the lines were around the block. Same for the Paris Starbucks. Go figure. A city with great cafes on every corner, and the Starbucks is thronged with young Parisians. They loved the fact you could add your own milk, however much you wanted and get the proportion exactly how you pleased.

Every country in the world has its chains btw. A popular chain selling products that aren't universally admired is hardly an American innovation.

Starbucks coffee does pretty much suck, but it doesn't suck as mightily as your "only in America" stab at worldly sophistication. Tired!

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

The vast majority of the company's revenue comes from sweet drinks such as Frappuccinos. The quality of the roast makes not one bit of difference, as there's so much flavoring and sugar to cover it up.

My workplace has two coffeehouses: a Starbucks and a Java City. I prefer Starbucks because of the existence of the short cup size, not on the menu but available for the asking. A short latte with a double shot of espresso is far cheaper than a tall (or a small at any other coffeehouse), with less milk and the same caffeine punch. The smallest size at Java City is twice as expensive.

by Anonymousreply 702/15/2013

It's vile. It astonishes me how it has become so successful. The only coffee of theirs i can drink is the christmas gingerbread latte, and that is only because it is so sweet it makes up for lack of any actual coffee taste.

Cafe Nero far superior in my humble opinion, if you need to go to a chain.

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

I realize I'm probably rare, but I have never bought a cup of coffee in a Starbucks store.

I did taste Starbucks coffee one time and a friend's beach house. She buys their coffee by the bag at the grocery.

Couldn't see what all the fuss is about. Seemed kind of "French roast-y" to me.

Whatever. No way I will pay $4 for damn cup of coffee.

by Anonymousreply 902/15/2013

It's a phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 1002/15/2013

New Starbucks Opens in Rest Room of Existing Starbucks

by Anonymousreply 1102/15/2013

Oh r5! MY SIDES!!!

by Anonymousreply 1202/15/2013

Blonde roast is for watered down tastes. The Sumatra and Casi Cielo roasts are divine. You just have to find the one that you like.

[quote]What about OVERPRICED!!!!!!

There are inexpensive options if you know how to order them.

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013

Anyone who defends Starbucks has no discernible taste whatsoever. The shit they pour is fucking nasty. Dunkin Donuts has better coffee and that ain't saying much.

I'll take Bustelo anytime of the day over that overpriced rotgut crap.

by Anonymousreply 1502/15/2013

I can't believe my eyes to see something so vile as r14 on a gay board.

Is this some kind of humor that goes completely over my head? Seriously, who or what posts something like that?

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2013

I know, r16! It's the daily rant by Rush Limbaugh! Closet cases are truly hateful.

by Anonymousreply 1802/15/2013

I LOATHE coffee... gross

by Anonymousreply 1902/15/2013

Starbucks over-roasts the beans, mixing in poor quality beans, to give it a uniform (ie, burnt) flavor. Americans have been bamboozled into thinking "good" or "real" coffee should taste like this. It's undrinkable swill. Dunkin' Donuts makes better-tasting coffee, but coffee snobs won't go near the place. If I'm desperate for caffiene, I'll go to the corner Makesbucks and get the latte things cuz they mask the awfulness of the coffee.

by Anonymousreply 2002/15/2013

I am fine with my K-cup of Donut House. I will go to Starbucks with other people and I never know how or what to order. Their normal coffee indeed tastes burned, though not in a completely unpleasant way.

The blonde stuff is VILE. Still, the lighter the roast, the higher the caffeine content.

by Anonymousreply 2102/15/2013

I never go to Starbucks in NYC because it takes 10 minutes or more to get, a cup of coffee. First the lines then the snail pace preparation.

by Anonymousreply 2202/15/2013

Don't knock Starbucks!

That's how I get my three glasses of milk every day.

I sneak into three different Starbucks when they're crowded and have a glass of skim. I find that it's the only item at Starbucks that's a real value.

by Anonymousreply 2302/15/2013

I happen to be reading this thread while in line at Starbucks. A cup of house blend drip coffee costs $1.65/1.95/2.25, depending on the size. Blonde roast starts at $2.15. The idée fixe that Starbucks is "overpriced" is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 2502/15/2013

Its overpriced if you want it to be.

by Anonymousreply 2602/15/2013

The actual coffee/cup and labor cost is about .11, so yes they are overpriced.

by Anonymousreply 2702/15/2013

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2802/15/2013

A cup of drip coffee at home costs about .15. A k-cup might cost as much as .50. 2.15 is a lot. Not stupid but a lot.

by Anonymousreply 2902/15/2013

I prefer Caribou. I love it. it is rich and satisfying and delicious.

by Anonymousreply 3002/15/2013

"rich and satisfying"

Oh, my sides.

You are a marketer's dream sheep!

by Anonymousreply 3102/15/2013

I always order a double short soy vanilla latte. The baristas who know me as a regular ring up a kids cocoa for $1.25 and ignore the charge for the extra shot, the syrup and the soy. Score! It pays to be nice to baristas.

I wish they offered almond milk.

by Anonymousreply 3202/15/2013

The price of coffee is only going up people. Gloabal warming is making the crops worldwide less productive.

by Anonymousreply 3302/15/2013

It does seem strange that a coffee company can't make a decent cup of coffee.

by Anonymousreply 3402/15/2013

Parisians, as well as the people in the rest of French speaking Europe, have pretty shit taste in coffee. Their ideal of great coffee is something that comes out of a Nespresso machine so I wouldn't be surprised if Starbucks takes off there.

A lot of their drinks are these weird concoctions that are tailored specifically for the North American market: milky, sugary drinks in which coffee is merely an afterthought ingredient.

by Anonymousreply 3502/15/2013

[quote] the lighter the roast, the higher the caffeine content.

by Anonymousreply 3602/15/2013

I always assumed Starbucks must have been really good coffee when it started out, in Seattle or wherever it was, and that the lacklustre coffee on offer here in their Asian outlets was the result of the concept getting watered down.

My real gripe, though, is not the uninspiring coffee, but the milk! The whole world must be waddling around a half-stone heavier than it would have been if Starbucks hadn't been invented.

by Anonymousreply 3702/15/2013

There is no Starbucks in Italy.

Their stuff is crap. And I prefer to drink coffee out of a proper cup, so that alone rules out Starbucks for me.

by Anonymousreply 3802/15/2013

That's true, R36

by Anonymousreply 3902/15/2013

Only in America? Have you never heard of Tim Horton's OP? or Wimpy's?

by Anonymousreply 4002/15/2013

The best Starbucks coffee is the Organic Yukon Blend. If only that were their house blend.

[quote] And I prefer to drink coffee out of a proper cup, so that alone rules out Starbucks for me.

You can request porcelain at Starbucks. You don't have to get a paper cup if your order's not to go.

by Anonymousreply 4102/15/2013

R9, there coffee isn't actually $4 a cup. Only the lattes/cappuccino/etc. are.

I like Starbuck's coffee better than Tim Horton's or Caribou.

by Anonymousreply 4202/15/2013

I wish America was like Italy, where there's "bars" on every corner that you can just pop into and get an espresso for less than one USD.

by Anonymousreply 4302/15/2013

[quote] I like Starbuck's coffee better than Tim Horton's or Caribou.

True. But there's a low bar to jump over. I think I'd prefer to have a dog fart in my mouth than have a cup of Tim Horton's coffee.

by Anonymousreply 4402/15/2013

R43, a shot of espresso at Starbucks is 75 cents.

by Anonymousreply 4502/15/2013

What r5 said -- Starbuck's charges for the sense of importance it imparts on nobodies who suddenly feel like somebodies when they recite their special order.

And then spend twenty minutes making people wait behind them at the condiment bar to perfect their creation.

by Anonymousreply 4602/15/2013

[quote]My real gripe, though, is not the uninspiring coffee, but the milk! The whole world must be waddling around a half-stone heavier than it would have been if Starbucks hadn't been invented.

Soy milk is a popular option, which just means that most of us are walking around with moobs.

by Anonymousreply 4702/15/2013

People don't go to Starbuckss for coffee; as pointed out above, they go for the whole personalized "have it your way" thing, which makes them feel special and unique. They go for the experience, which validates their feelings of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 4802/15/2013

I get an espresso doppio* every morning, $1.25. Most of that cost is for the labor, the convenience of having someone make it for me while I'm not at home. I'm happy to pay it and don't think it "overpriced" at all.

*or doppio espresso; whichever way I say it, I'm corrected by the barista.

by Anonymousreply 4902/15/2013

Tim Hortons is disgusting. McDonalds and Dunkin' Donuts has better coffee than "Timmy's".

by Anonymousreply 5002/15/2013

I haven't set food in a Starbucks in ten years.

by Anonymousreply 5102/15/2013

r45, no it's not, not in NYC anyway. I think it might be 75 cents to add an extra shot to a latte, but I get a double espresso every day, and it's either $2.40 or $2.70. A single shot is I think $1.40.

by Anonymousreply 5202/15/2013

[quote]A cup of drip coffee at home costs about .15. A k-cup might cost as much as .50

Have it home, then. Just about anywhere you go to have coffee outside your house will cost $1+

by Anonymousreply 5302/15/2013

R52, a doppio is $1.25 in flyover country, thank goodness.

by Anonymousreply 5402/15/2013

Someone mentioned McDonald's and I have to say that their plain brewed coffee is better than Starbucks. That said, unless someone here knows different, I'd assume it's made from a concentrate.

by Anonymousreply 5502/15/2013

Mr. Peepers: Gimme a shot of espresso!

by Anonymousreply 5602/15/2013

Vienna Roast at double the price.

by Anonymousreply 5702/15/2013

[quote] I realize I'm probably rare, but I have never bought a cup of coffee in a Starbucks store.

I've never bought coffee there but I have bought mocha frappacino on a blistering hot summer day. I dont consider that to be coffee. It's more of a sugary flavored ice chip mix. I've bought some kind of vanilla drink for my son. In winter, I used to stop in and get a Tazo Awake tea and a cranberry bar.

Now that I'm not in the city, I never go there.

In summer, when it's horribly hot, I get a frappacino-type drink from McDonald's. It's much colder than the Starbucks drink. It's so cold it hurts your chest. It's great when the temp is above 90.

by Anonymousreply 5802/15/2013

[quote]The vast majority of the company's revenue comes from sweet drinks such as Frappuccinos.

Another example of utter bullshit presented as fact on DL. You tired old queens are so fucking delusional and so fucking gullible.

by Anonymousreply 5902/15/2013

R59 Back it up. do you know differently?

by Anonymousreply 6002/15/2013

Their espresso drinks are decent. Better than some independent cafes, worse than the best.

by Anonymousreply 6102/15/2013

I don't care for hot coffee but like iced coffee drinks. Happily there are a lot of ways to get iced coffee without going to Starbucks.

International Delight has iced coffee by the carton, now in most grocery chains, near the milk department. Hills Bros. has Cappuccino powder to mix with cold water or milk. Other powders by Caffe D'Vita and Folgers. Coffee syrup by Eclipse is in many food stores on the shelf with chocolate syrup.

by Anonymousreply 6202/15/2013

R62, everything you listed is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 6302/15/2013

And when did you have an opportunity to try each of them in order to reach that conclusion, r63?

Did you sit there with your drooping moobs as you tasted each one?

by Anonymousreply 6402/15/2013

Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 6502/15/2013

Eldergay thread.

by Anonymousreply 6602/15/2013

r66 = eldergay thinking she passes for a 20-something. Re-adjust your cap, dear

by Anonymousreply 6702/15/2013

Is there anyone other than you who finds your post the least bit amusing, R66? It's unoriginal and inapposite.

by Anonymousreply 6802/15/2013

[quote] If those stale bitches every made anything like that at home I will eat my fucking computer.

Huh? Of course they don't make it at home. That's the point.

by Anonymousreply 6902/15/2013

What kind of person gets this prissy over coffee selection? It's just coffee. Drink it or don't.

by Anonymousreply 7002/15/2013

Thanks DL. Now I know that I'm not the only one that thinks Starbucks is overrated. Give me McDonald's coffee anytime, the senior size over ice, and let me add my own sugar and cream.

Actually Starbucks offers a comfy place to use your laptop for travelers, or to meet for business or pleasure and avoid the bar scene. That's why some don't mind the inflated prices.

by Anonymousreply 7102/15/2013

[quote]Now I know that I'm not the only one that thinks Starbucks is overrated.

So brave!

by Anonymousreply 7202/15/2013

Starbucks coffee isn't great, but it's much better than Tim Horton's, which tastes like dishwater.

by Anonymousreply 7302/15/2013

r71, I'm with you. I like the coffee at McDonalds over Starbucks, but I like the munchies at Starbucks (omg their choco chip cookies are to D-I-E for, and the maple walnut scones are delish on a winter morning).

Too many times, whenever I go to a SBucks, the layout of the store is just horrible. There are the all day campers with all their work shit spread out, a few raggedy college nerds killing a few hours between classes, always a couple of Asians asking how much everything is, and the obvious business meeting / job interview taking place.

And Dunkin Donuts coffee used to be good, but they switched to lower quality beans and it tastes like burnt shit now. Honey Dew for the win!

by Anonymousreply 7402/15/2013

[quote]always a couple of Asians asking how much everything is

by Anonymousreply 7502/15/2013

Or I get behind a high maintenance nightmare insisting on very special things, gag. I want a small coffee please.

by Anonymousreply 7602/15/2013

No one has mentioned the terrible stale sandwiches and bad snacks?

The Starbucks at Antwerp Central Station (one of the most beautiful train stations in Europe) is actually quite a nice place to hang out while waiting to board the train. It's huge. Other than that, I would only go in suburban areas where there was really no better alternative. In cities, there is ALWAYS something better.

It seems that for many Americans, "cafe" is synonymous with "Starbucks."

by Anonymousreply 7702/15/2013

When Starbucks first appeared in Paris, it did in fact become very popular among young Parisians (NOT just tourists)--not because of the coffee, but because all Starbucks cafes were non-smoking, at a time when people could smoke absolutely anywhere in Paris, and because they had comfortable, upholstered chairs, unlike the uncomfortable cafe chairs you're stuck with everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 7802/15/2013

Here where I live (Portland), I routinely pay $2.00 for a cup of coffee, but it's extremely good coffee, well made at independent coffee shops, and makes everything else (including Starbucks) taste like swill. I suppose it's overpriced, but I'm willing to pay for something decent.

by Anonymousreply 7902/15/2013

My point, R69, being that these bat shit crazy soccer moms think the world is owed to them on a silver platter and these poor baristas have nothing better to do than make their half soy, half skim no foam mocha with 1 pump regular chocolate, 2 pumps sugar free, 1 splenda and 1.6725 tablespoons whip cream with a half swirl chocolate syrup and half swirl caramel when those same lazy bitches have a maid to clean the house, a nanny for the kids and can barely be arsed to lift a finger to dial in delivery for dinner all while whining their kids are fat and their husband is fucking the secretary. I would at least respect them if they did anything remotely that complex for themselves at home.

by Anonymousreply 8002/15/2013

Look into your anger issues, R80

by Anonymousreply 8102/15/2013

They're really in the business of artificial flavors, not coffee, aren't they.

by Anonymousreply 8202/15/2013

R81, no thank you. They all have names and I'm quite fond of them. I'm the most pleasant mother fucker you'll ever know.

by Anonymousreply 8302/15/2013

I love he Strawberry smoothies and Chai Tea Lattes. It's not just about coffee. The coffee cake is great too.

by Anonymousreply 8402/15/2013

R80 needs to change his tampon.

by Anonymousreply 8502/15/2013

No thanks R85, I like my tampons like I like my tacos - crunchy and full of protein.

by Anonymousreply 8602/15/2013

I like Starbucks but they are so overpriced. God it's awful. Anyone here live in an area where they have Caribou? I like them too.

by Anonymousreply 8702/15/2013

I very rarely buy coffee drinks, and at this chain, I only buy pastries, never coffee.

by Anonymousreply 8802/15/2013

R80 nailed it actually.

by Anonymousreply 8902/15/2013

What a bunch of snobs. I have lived in NY and LA and have frequented many Starbucks and small coffee places for espresso. Intelligentsia, Blue Bottle, etc. I can't tell the difference. Intelligentsia and Blue Bottle can be a little more varied, but the Starbucks is very good. And the Clover machine stuff is very interesting. Maybe I just have a bad palette for coffee?

by Anonymousreply 9002/15/2013

Starbucks bombed in Australia, which oddly has an entirely different coffee culture to the UK, where Starbucks was a smash hit. Here in the US I do stop for there every morning for a cup. I can't stand anything other than black coffee or espresso, so a cup is $2.09, which I consider a reasonable expense to keep me awake at work.

by Anonymousreply 9102/15/2013

Their blonde roast is the only coffee I would ever buy at Starbucks & it does have taste OP

by Anonymousreply 9202/15/2013

r62, r63,r64, I have tried those products. I find all of them far too sweet. In general, anything of that sort usually is too sweet. I like to make my own mochachokalakkayaya drinks-either hot or frozen- at home.

by Anonymousreply 9302/15/2013

[quote]What a bunch of snobs. I have lived in NY and LA and have frequented many Starbucks and small coffee places for espresso. Intelligentsia, Blue Bottle, etc. I can't tell the difference.

The you do not have much of a palate.

by Anonymousreply 9402/15/2013

The coffee at McDonalds is actually pretty good. I find the frozen coffee concoctions too sweet, and not available in decaf.

The bakery treats at Starbucks are, IMO, have too much of a fast food, prepackaged quality to them. Then too, I was raised on homebaked goodies by a mother and grandmother who baked most things from scratch, so I'm very biased here.

It isn't just cities that have independent coffee shops. Now, even our town has 4 coffee places PLUS a Starbucks PLUS the local supermarket added a coffee bar/lounge. The coffee served there is actually much better than Starbucks. The coffee at the indie places can vary. One place has wonderful ambience, but consistently lousy brew and snacks. The others are simply superb beyond belief with wonderful ambience. They also leave patrons alone and let you sit there, soaking up the music, art, coffee and conversation as long as you wish. No nasty signs to limit your stay to so many minutes.

by Anonymousreply 9502/15/2013

Important: Want great service and extras? ALWAYS make sure the barrista sees you tip well in that tip jar. Leave a big tip. They earn it. Be very nice to them, too! DON'T be like the demanding soccer moms or the pretentious jerks who think they are something great by ordering a coffee beverage in FrenchItalianish.

by Anonymousreply 9602/15/2013

Oh great, R96!

Then your cup of coffee costs even more!

Forget it.

by Anonymousreply 9702/15/2013

r97 never worked in food service. Yes, for that once in awhile treat, I don't mind leaving a very well earned tip. Sometimes it even gets me a free cookie, extra whipped cream,extras they aren't supposed to give out, and in the brew left by pissed off employees.

With what the barristas at most places have to put up with, they more than earn a tip. Besides, if you can afford several bucks for a cup of Joe, then you can afford some type of tip.

by Anonymousreply 9802/15/2013

premium coffee drinks coming to a Burger King near you

by Anonymousreply 9902/15/2013

R99, Hope they're not too sweet. Could someone tell McDonald's to get a less sweet (lo cal) version of their cocoa and frozen drinks, for adults?

by Anonymousreply 10002/15/2013

I will say that Starbucks deserves some credit: They have insured unmarried partners of their employees since the 80s, gay or straight.

And they do pay a bit better than most food service jobs.

I did some time working for the Siren. Hate the coffee, but I worked 22 hours a week and had health insurance for both myself and my boyfriend while we were finishing college.

R39 is absolutely correct. Espresso also does not have more caffeine than an equal amount of coffee, it simply has a more intense flavor. Adding a shot of espresso to a regular cup of coffee is a waste of money, unless you really like the flavor.

by Anonymousreply 10102/15/2013

R98, if you can "afford" an expensive espresso drink, it doesn't necessarily follow that you can afford a tip. It might be someone's once a week or once a month splurge and a tip would put it over their budget. That statement makes absolutely no sense.

by Anonymousreply 10202/15/2013

I agree with R101 in the sense that Starbucks is actually a fairly good company when it comes to how they treat their employees and social causes they support.

I will only drink a double espresso there if I have no better options around but I have to admit that their baristas have the patience of Job. I once asked one of them what the most ridiculous request from a customer was and she told me that someone insisted that they don't use a Sharpee to write the order on the cup.

by Anonymousreply 10302/15/2013

It's the only coffee option in the commuter station when I'm between the two lines it takes to get to work. The coffee is average but I like to be able to sit down for about ten minutes and take a break - and Starbucks is the only choice.

by Anonymousreply 10402/15/2013

I always call the sizes small, medium and large. It's my little rebellion.

by Anonymousreply 10502/16/2013

[quote]Anyone who defends Starbucks has no discernible taste whatsoever. The shit they pour is fucking nasty.

Completely agree.

In Sydney there are a zillion coffee shops with much better coffee prepared by trained baristas. Even my remote rural town has cafes with better coffee. Yes, Sydney has Starbucks too, but only for those with no taste.

My first experience of Starbucks coffee was 10 years ago in NYC. They other coffee I had at the time was even worse.

Aside from Australia, Italy, New Zealand and Israel it is hard to find good coffee in my experience. Maybe that is why Starbucks has managed to flourish the world over.

by Anonymousreply 10602/16/2013

[quote]The coffee at McDonalds is actually pretty good.

In my experience McDonalds coffee is much better than Starbucks coffee but I wouldn't describe it as good. Good enough if you're desperate though.

by Anonymousreply 10702/16/2013

I don't like any coffee that comes in a paper cup. I'd rather make it at home. I like Intelligentsia, but before coffee became a hipster affectation, I liked Starbucks, which I started drinking at the Pike Place store when I lived nearby. It was a simple place with burlap bags of coffee beans in barrels, none of this skinny wip halfcaf bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 10802/16/2013

For environmental reasons R108 ?

Not sure why it would matter otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 10902/16/2013

r102, if someone can't afford at least SOMETHING as a tip, then that person shouldn't be in a place as expensive as Starbucks.In fact, they should just stay home and drink whatever swill they are used to drinking. You sound like a cheap B#$@*&D, and not a smart one, either.

by Anonymousreply 11002/16/2013

It doesn't taste the same, R109. Plus I don't like using those sippy-cup lids. They burn my upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 11102/16/2013

R101 Yes and see they have a minimum number of hours required to get that insurance and the manager (who does get it) is instructed to keep 98% of his employees at below those hours so they never qualify for benefit.

They are good on paper, in the real world fairly scummy.

by Anonymousreply 11202/16/2013

Wow--a Starbucks is burnt & overpriced thread. Welcome back, 2002.

by Anonymousreply 11302/16/2013

Not a cheap bastard, just a sympathetic one, R110. Sounds like you might need to cut back on the caffeine.

by Anonymousreply 11402/16/2013

R114 here - just realized that R110 is a Starbucks barista.

by Anonymousreply 11502/16/2013

No, r115, not a barrista. Esp. not at Starbucks. That place is not my cup of tea....I mean coffee.

by Anonymousreply 11602/16/2013

As mentioned earlier, Starbucks is a big hit in the UK as well.

And yet ... the company has never payed corporate tax in England. (I wonder what they pay in the US.)

by Anonymousreply 11702/16/2013

[quote] The result is every waste of oxygen soccer mom comes in to order her half soy half skim half decaf sugar free latte with a half pump of caramel, two pumps vanilla. If those stale bitches every made anything like that at home I will eat my fucking computer.

But, R5, isn't ordering something you wouldn't/couldn't make at home part of the point of going out?

by Anonymousreply 11802/16/2013

Dunkin' Donuts coffee is much better and they consistently win blind taste test against Starbucks.

by Anonymousreply 11902/16/2013

I'm not sure why everybody is getting angry over the Starbucks. You could always just go to the Coffee Bean instead. No big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 12002/16/2013

There's barely any coffee in Dunkin coffee. Otherwise, why would it turn white when the littlest bit of milk is added? It's water with a tiny bit of coffee. RIPOFF.

by Anonymousreply 12102/16/2013

New York has a Starbucks on every damn corner but we also have a lot of great independent coffee shops as well. Every neighborhood has at least one indie coffee shop if you search them out. The problem with the smaller operations is that sometimes their workers aren't as quick and efficient. But spending an extra minute in line is worth it to a lot of coffee lovers.

by Anonymousreply 12202/16/2013

R118. I was brought up to never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself. It is the peak of poor manners.

by Anonymousreply 12302/16/2013

If everyone who hated Starbucks actually stayed away from Starbucks perhaps they would go out of business.

by Anonymousreply 12402/16/2013

I cannot figure out why Jennifer Garner goes to Starbucks for coffee almost every single day in California.

Can she not make coffee at home?

I'm sure she does it for something to do, to break up her day at home, to get out into society, to have a task, to entertain herself.

She spends so much money at Starbucks. I realize she can well afford it, but it's such a waste of money. Plus it is rather inane. and the Daily Mail both show photos of her all the time getting coffee.

by Anonymousreply 12502/16/2013

40 shots of espresso in one drink?

by Anonymousreply 12602/20/2013

McDonalds is putting them out of business. You can request extra caramel and whipped cream and customize your order. I always throw them a tip and when they get to know you, treat you really well. For a fraction of the cost of DD and SB.

by Anonymousreply 12702/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!