Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Thandie Newton say's she was a casting couch victim when she was a teen

Said she was a casting couch victim when she was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 1002/15/2013

I feel tho thowwy for poor Thandie.

by Anonymousreply 202/15/2013

I always remember when her character finally vanished in the film of BELOVED, and some queen said really loudly right behind me, "Oh, THANK GOD!!!" and the whole theater erupted into laughter.

by Anonymousreply 302/15/2013

It was probably Oprah who "casting couched" her during the filming of Beloved. Gayle must have been PISSED!

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

She's dull. Presumably she's also a Scientologist, otherwise she wouldn't have been cast in Cruise's MIWhatever.

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

What the hell is wrong with her? The same thing that is wrong with all the others, she doesn't dare out the assholes, because she and her husband still want to have a career. What the hell is wrong with you asking what is wrong with her?

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

I'll never tell ... I'l never tell ...

by Anonymousreply 702/15/2013

[quote]Presumably she's also a Scientologist, otherwise she wouldn't have been cast in Cruise's MIWhatever.

She was also in Crash -- everyone associated with that is tainted by Scientology, fairly or not. However, I thought she did brilliant work in that.

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

Victim? I don't know. Someone is victimized when it's not consensual. If someone says "Ill give you A if you do B" and you agree to it, that's prostitution, not abuse. If you say no, and the person presses you or threatens you, that's abuse. It sounds like she went along with it to get a job. She could have said no and walked away. He's a disgusting pig, of course, but she wasn't raped. He propositioned her and she agreed.

by Anonymousreply 1002/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.