Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you have nothing to say?

I think I've arrived at a point where I have nothing to say or want to ask. Do you find that as age you become this way? I used to be very talkative.

by Anonymousreply 1602/16/2013

Yes, more and more frequently.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

I have nothing to say.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

I reached that point in AA meetings. There is nothing I haven't said, many times over, nor anything I haven't heard.

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

That's interesting, OP. The older people I've cone across have been very talkative.

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

Eventually, you realize nobody really cares about you or what you do or your pedigree. If they want to sleep with you or want your money, they just act like they care.

So honestly, what is there to really say.

If I like the music playing, I'll maybe say so, or if I like someone's get-up, I'll pay a compliment, but I'm like you, in that I really don't say much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

R4 - I'm the guy next to you on the flight who likes to chat. I'm often interested in what others have to say: where have you traveled, what books are you reading, etc.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

I've reached the end of my rope, I've talked and talked and now it's time for a spanking...go fetch that hairbrush from the top of my dresser.......

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013

I'm quicker to spot people who don't really listen, just wait for their turn to speak. I'm quicker to spot the "fake it till you make it" people. I'm too tired to try to trip them up, so I don't engage. That's really it most of the time, I think: I'm quicker to notice when I'm tempted to show up a bullshitter and it really is a waste of energy. "I'm putting my thoughts elsewhere while you chatter away."

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2013

R9 - not really, I prefer my seatmates a bit less comatose. My last flight I thought my seatmate might be a bit standoffish, but we ended up chatting up a storm.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2013

I feel like I have nothing to say with people I have nothing in common with. I not living where I want to live so it's alienating. I know they don't really care about me, either.

I'd love to meet someone I could really talk to - as in back and forth interested, interesting animated, varied conversation.

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2013

I've never been much of a conversationalist, but certainly I've become less self-absorbed and a better listener.

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2013

R12 - this is an instance where I wish DL had a PM system!

by Anonymousreply 1202/14/2013

Find some people you actually want to talk to, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1302/14/2013

Oh we care R6. We have delicately avoided the subject of your career because we don't have anything nice to say.

I have a lot more to say now than I did when I was younger because I have more knowledge. But I rarely ever talk about myself to anyone whose reactions I can see.

by Anonymousreply 1402/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!