Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Linda Ackley, Michigan Woman, Gives Birth After Doctors Say 'Hernia' Is Actually A Baby

What an eventfull [sic] weekend. Mike and I have blessed with a health [sic] baby girl and didn't know I was pregnant until the day she was delivered.

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2013

[quote]Mike and I have blessed with a health [sic] baby girl

Who was the lucky recipient?

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

No huffpo links!!!

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

OK ... maybe a guy who hasn't actually had sex with a woman isn't the most qualified to pose this question, but ... SHE MISSED NINE PERIODS, no?

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

She had irregular periods and was told she could never have children.

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

Linda is 44. Don't you think she is too old for this foolishness? I'm guessing she was very heavy and the kicking felt like hunger pains.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

I didn't search very hard, so I did not see a pic, but she was probably a "big" girl.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013

[quote]Linda Ackley, 44, gave birth by cesarean section on Feb. 8, according to MLive.

Here's the answer. At that age she might be peri-menopausal (irreg. menstruation, months without a period) though it's a tad early. Or probably had "female problems" before.

I've known three women who were told they were infertile due to ovulation/menstruation problems and had unexpected babies. Two of them were sisters who had "miracle" children in their late thirties. But they knew they were pregnant. There was a third sister with the same reproductive issues, but I don't know what became of her.

[quote]according to Huffington Post blogger and author Jena Pincott, 1 in 450 pregnant women doesn't realize she's expecting until more than halfway through the gestation period; 1 in 2,500 is unaware until she goes into labor.

For whatever reasons, it happens.

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2013

Oh Jesus, these women who don't know they're pregnant. How is this possible? For nine months, it never dawned on you once? Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2013

At first I thought this read "Nan Michigan Womyn Gives Birth" - that would be something!

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2013

The only woman I ever knew who had this situation was considerably overweight. I used to babysit for her nieces and nephew and attended school with her daughter. We were in high school when this happened.

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!