Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'Downton Abbey' star Maggie Smith: 'I've never watched the show'

Although the British thespian has also won two Oscars and a Tony Award, she is most recognizable to audiences for her recent roles in "Downton Abbey" and the "Harry Potter" film franchise.

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2013

It's probably for the best.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

Wish I could say the same.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

I don't believe her.

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

[quote]she is most recognizable to audiences for her recent roles in "Downton Abbey" and the "Harry Potter" film franchise.

How does the writer know this? God I hate the media, just a bunch of dumbshits.

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

R2. What's your problem? Too tragically hip for the best show on television?

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

Many many actors never watch their own work. Most people don't like something about themselves, the sound of their voice, actors are no different. Or they will see something on film that is permanent and regret making a choice which can't be changed.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

Hardly R5, It's just not my cup of tea. I hated it. But I kept on trying. Just wasn't for me. Don't let it bother you. It's just a tv show.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013

I will NOT hear a bad word about her.....

?

I thought so.

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2013

I've heard so many actors say they hate to watch themselves onscreen so perhaps Maggie is no different.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2013

[quote]Many many actors never watch their own work.

The first time I was in a movie, I saw it about 20 times. I got over that. After I did a TV mini-series, I never got around to watching it though I have it on tape. I've had it for years, waiting for when I get the flu and am confined to bed for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.