Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Return of Helen Hunt

Can datalounge survive this another Oscar for this classically trained actress whose success both the Meryl and Glenn fans disdain?

by Anonymousreply 9103/14/2015

I like Helen.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

R1 = Leelee Sobieski.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

She leaves me numb. Too self-conscious. And I can't forget that awful sitcom with Paul Reiser where they yelled at each other non-stop.

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

Isn't she one of The Lezzies?

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

Helen's performance in "Sessions" was terrific. She put it all out there, body and soul, and I think she should be awarded for it over that annoying actress from SLP, the most overrated and overhyped movie of the decade.

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

Helen won't be getting another Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

R3 - They didn't yell at each other on Mad About You.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013

She rubs me the wrong way but I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2013

R5 yeah she was surprisingly good in that and she is not one of my favorite actresses. I saw that movie planning to walk out of it. It was very well done all around.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2013

[quote]I think she should be awarded for it over that annoying actress from SLP, the most overrated and overhyped movie of the decade.

Helen is in supporting, the actress from SLP (Jennifer Lawrence) is in lead.

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2013

Interesting you point that distinction out, R10, given that some are arguing that those nominations should be reversed -- i.e., Helen's was actually more of a leading role and JLaw's more of a supporting one.

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2013

I too like Helen Hunt.

Not to derail, but I have a question.

If nominated, who are the actors and actresses that deserved their Oscar victory ?

(There is too much tsouris and jacking off about the ones who don't get nominated.)

This is an attempt at positive energy, ha.

Okay, so I will start.

Charlize Theron for "Monster" is the last best actress nominee that I think deserved to win.

Yes, I am considering Cotillard and Streep in my assertion.

I am not afraid of trolls. Tell your truth.

by Anonymousreply 1202/14/2013

Helen seems very pretentious. I hope she doesn't get that OSCAR

I saw her on an episode of "Who Do You think You Are" where she was searchign for her ancestors, and she came off really smarmy.

And she looks like a witch

by Anonymousreply 1302/14/2013

i likes the big foreheads

by Anonymousreply 1402/14/2013

R10, there is a Supporting Actress nom for SLP also. Jacki Weaver. Perhaps that's the annoying actress R5 was referencing. But maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 1502/14/2013

As I said, I deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 1602/14/2013

There is something about her I just don't like.

by Anonymousreply 1702/14/2013

Quite nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 1802/14/2013

[quote]Interesting you point that distinction out, [R10], given that some are arguing that those nominations should be reversed -- i.e., Helen's was actually more of a leading role and JLaw's more of a supporting one.

That's ridiculous. Jennifer Lawrence's role is clearly a lead role and in no way, shape or form supporting. I can't even fathom why anyone who has seen the movie would have suggested otherwise.

Jennifer was brilliant in SLP. Helen Hunt was fantastic in The Sessions. I'd be okay with both of them winning. (Though I would prefer an Amy Adams upset over Anne)

by Anonymousreply 1902/14/2013

She's got a banging bod'.

by Anonymousreply 2002/14/2013

I doubt anyone even saw the film. I know I just vote for myself and then write "fat" next to all the other actresses' names.

by Anonymousreply 2202/14/2013

Play the Fucker god damn FOWARD!!!

by Anonymousreply 2302/14/2013

Nine Feet Underground - Caravan

by Anonymousreply 2402/14/2013

wrong thread, lol

by Anonymousreply 2502/14/2013

What was the deal with her and Hank Azaria's marriage. Somebody tell me!

by Anonymousreply 2602/14/2013

LOVE Helen

by Anonymousreply 2702/14/2013

Did Hunt do something to her face? Just saw her on Letterman and it looks like she's had something done.

by Anonymousreply 2802/16/2013

The Sessions sounds like a good movie, but I just can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 2902/16/2013

The Sessions is a beautiful and sweet and surprisingly funny movie.

Helen is naked a lot, but it is for sure integral to the plot, ha.

There is nothing gross or maudlin about this film. I saw it with three friends, we all liked it very much. If you can't stand the sight of the disabled or breasts or Helen's forehead, I guess it would be best to avoid it though.

The movie made me think a lot about my own hangups about sex, and body image. I cried a bit too.

Helen Hunt gives a grounded, unaffected and very touching performance.

by Anonymousreply 3002/16/2013

[quote]The movie made me think a lot about my own hangups about sex, and body image.

Would you please elaborate on that, r30? Am single for the first time in my adult life and am dealing with those issues as well. Did the film help to resolve your issues, or just dig them up and make you feel worse?

by Anonymousreply 3102/16/2013

Helen is 50 and still rocks a one piece.

by Anonymousreply 3208/06/2013

Classically trained? Where?

by Anonymousreply 3308/06/2013

R33 - Good question. Helen was a child actress, and her dad is a director.

by Anonymousreply 3408/06/2013

She probably did a Shakespeare summer course at LAMDA.

by Anonymousreply 3508/06/2013

She's like a humorless Jodie Foster.

by Anonymousreply 3608/06/2013

Helen, please stop bumping all your old threads. At least pay to start a new one.

by Anonymousreply 3808/06/2013

She's directing another film she wrote. Oh, and she's in it, too.

Will it be as big of a success as the last one?

by Anonymousreply 3908/06/2013

So much jealousy for a great heterosexual actress who loves the peen and in no way would ever lick a cooter.

Just look at the smoldering chemistry I had with pussy-loving nebbish Paul Resier. Or the fiery passion I shared with Jack Nicholson, whose cock is beyond famous. Or Kevin Spacey, one of the greatest ladies men in Hollywood history.

Men can't resist me. Or I them. Because I am heterosexual. A cock and a cold one is all I need.

Mmmmm-hmmm. Give me more of that trouser snake. And I like my nuts huge and hairy.

by Anonymousreply 4008/06/2013

Did anyone see her turn as Viola in Twelfth Night a/k/a "Mad About Thou" ??

YIKES!

by Anonymousreply 4108/06/2013

Helen Hunt is a lousy actress; her performances are forced. One gets the impression that she likes to show everyone that she's acting when she is in character. She is not photogenic and has zero appeal on a movie screen. The screen only emphasizes her flaws. She has the sex appeal of a department store mannequin. Furthermore, as she ages, her appearence, which is duller than a circa 1970s Phys Ed teacher, is becoming masculine as years progress. Clearly, she did not deserve an Oscar. There was Judi Dench, Kate Winslet, Helen Bonham Carter and Julie Christie! To even list her name with those powerfully talented actresses is a joke. It's like listing Pamela Anderson or Minnie Mouse among those marvelous actresses. Never has a lame, lackluster, limited actress risen so far with far less to offer. She lucked out, through connections and circumstance. She won that Oscar by default. Furthermore, no amount of trips to the plastic surgeons, the makeup artists, the personal trainers, the hairstylists and photographers can make her pretty. No amount of training, acting classes and coaches can make her a good actress. One can't make something out of nothing at all.

by Anonymousreply 4208/06/2013

Thank you R42. I disagree. She was really good playing off Jack in As Good As It Gets. I also thought she did well with MAY.

Helen was attractive up until the late 90s. Even now, she has a nice body.

by Anonymousreply 4308/06/2013

"Mad About You" was perhaps one of the worst "successful" "classy" sitcoms of all time. It had a priceless timeslot and would otherwise have been put out of its misery after one season.

Seven years of a man being slowly castrated by a closet lesbian and losing all dignity in the process.

Helen Hunt convincingly portrayed a domineering, dykey shrew, a role she was born to play. Painful, grating and unwatchable.

"Friends" and "Seinfeld" reruns are inescapable. "Mad About You" doesn't even warrant a 2 a.m. slot on TV Land.

This is what appends when you cast an immensely unlikable actress in an incredibly unlikable role.

by Anonymousreply 4408/07/2013

My penis would retract inside my body when Helen came on set.

by Anonymousreply 4508/07/2013

r46 Same here.

by Anonymousreply 4608/07/2013

"Leave my vagina alone! And tell Tony Shalhoub's dad to stop licking my feet!"

-LK, set of MAY

by Anonymousreply 4708/07/2013

She's a cunt. Worked on Mad About you and EVERYONE hated her.

by Anonymousreply 4808/07/2013

Does MAD ABOUT YOU even play in syndication? I wasn't old enough to watch when it was airing, and I've never seen an episode. Actually, I had never even heard of the show until I was browsing Helen Cunt's IMDB page.

by Anonymousreply 4908/07/2013

Helen Hunt has anti-charisma. Her unlikeability radiates off the screen. The fact that she has any career at all is inexplicable.

by Anonymousreply 5008/07/2013

Smellen Cunt

by Anonymousreply 5108/07/2013

R50 - it was in syndication and ran frequently until fairly recently. I think it still is in the cycle somewhere. I don't understand why you are so hostile towards Helen if you never saw MAY.

by Anonymousreply 5208/07/2013

R53, I did have the misfortune of seeing AS GOOD AS IT GETS.

by Anonymousreply 5308/07/2013

Her nickname in Hollywood is Helen Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5408/07/2013

She is an angry Caneface.

by Anonymousreply 5508/07/2013

Wow, the haters are out in force now. Nothing like a loss to Jennifer Lawrence to signal the dl borderlines to "pile on."

by Anonymousreply 5608/07/2013

LOL R57

by Anonymousreply 5708/07/2013

I hated her in that movie where she is the adopted daughter of Beyte Midler with Matthew Broderick and Colin Firth.

I'll always remember her in the made for TV movie "Desperate Lives" about drugs in the 80's co-starring Doug McKeon.

by Anonymousreply 5808/07/2013

Ok, let's revisit 1997.

Dame Judy - a DL favorite who gave a performance she's given 12 other times. I like the movie and she was good, but not great.

Kate Winslet - I know the Winslet trolls' heads will explode but she was not good in "Titanic".

HBC - snore.

Julie Christie - I love her but did not see the movie. Maybe she deserved it instead of...

Helen Hunt. As much as you may hate her, she gave a very endearing performance. And Oscar-worthy. A lot of people still have a prejudice against actors who made their names in television.

by Anonymousreply 5908/07/2013

R60 Endearing? Helen Hunt? I formed my opinion of that robotic icicle with all luck and limited talent, after I watched her "Oscar by Default" performance. The aforementioned actresses in competition far surpass Helen Hunt with talent, grace and class. It has nothing to do with television, Judi Dench performed on television, as well. Face it, Helen Hunt has no warmth, no sincerity, and about as endearing as a microwave oven. She is best suited for infomercials, not the movie screen.

by Anonymousreply 6008/07/2013

Obviously, r61 thinks because someone has a British accent, they have talent, grace and class, which are btw are not qualifications for winning an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 6108/07/2013

Any of those four should have beat Cunt, even if those weren't their best performances.

by Anonymousreply 6208/07/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6308/07/2013

r61 I will not market infomercial products geared toward lesbians as I am a heterosexual. And I only enjoy heterosexual intercourse. With a man.

Hungry for cock, that's me. Mmmm mmmm. Love that pants hammer.

by Anonymousreply 6408/07/2013

The Sessions is now playing on cable and I finally saw it. Liked it enough, but no masterpiece. There are certain angles Ms. Hunt should NOT be photographed from, namely the profile. The way her forehead and nose stick out it looks like she's wearing an alien mask on the upper half of her face. That being said, I thought she was just fine in the movie. I found Wm H Macy to be much more annoying, with that fugly face and that ridiculous hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 6509/07/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 6609/07/2013

I hear she's got Jorja on her mind.

by Anonymousreply 6709/07/2013

Gillian, R68

by Anonymousreply 6809/07/2013

Helen has a new movie coming out and guess she decided she needed some freshening up for the occasion. Check out her new botoxed or recent surgery face. She sorta looks like a smoothed out Mary Gross.

These Hollywood stars just cannot find good surgeons - see Madonna, Renee Zellweger, etc. I don't understand why they don't all see Christie Brinkley's guy; that is some great work.

by Anonymousreply 6903/13/2015

Her face looks like a death mask, or someone wasting away from cancer.

by Anonymousreply 7003/13/2015

Why go for "work" at all? It costs money and is dreadfully unnecessary if you're truly great. I'm still slogging at it and the offers keep coming in.

by Anonymousreply 7103/13/2015

She was fierce as Pamela Smart even though she didn't do a Boston accent.

by Anonymousreply 7203/14/2015

Adore Helen Hurt!

by Anonymousreply 7303/14/2015

She does look oddly smooth but her eyelids have drooped to such an extent that she can barely open her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7403/14/2015

Classically trained? Where? Did they tutor her during breaks on Swiss Family Robinson?

by Anonymousreply 7503/14/2015

She was Murray's daughter on Mary Tyler Moore AND a pot smoker on Facts of Life!

Her dad was an acting coach, her grandma was a voice coach, her dad and uncle were directors, she studied ballet, she did Shakespeare on Broadway....

by Anonymousreply 7603/14/2015

I hated her in that screechy sitcom Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 7703/14/2015

Wow. Helen Hunt. There's someone I haven't thought about in 15 years.

She really dropped off the face of the earth after Mad About You ended. Which was about the same time her marriage to Hank Azaria ended.

by Anonymousreply 7803/14/2015

Helen's appearance on FoL.

by Anonymousreply 7903/14/2015

Anyone know why her marriage to Hank Azaria ended? Btw, I love this entry in urban dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 8003/14/2015

[quote]She really dropped off the face of the earth after Mad About You ended. Which was about the same time her marriage to Hank Azaria ended.

She married some guuy and had a kid, and then they redid her teeth and face, and she did Wonderfalls.

After that, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 8103/14/2015

Wow. That was actually distracting.

But it's nice to know that Brenton Thwaites is only a couple of years younger than me, and not the 10 (or more) I imagined.

by Anonymousreply 8203/14/2015

Her face looks really weird, like it was smoothed out on the actual film by the CGI people, like they did 'movie magic' similar to Benjamin Button. I would not have approved that if I were HH.

by Anonymousreply 8303/14/2015

[quote]She married some guuy and had a kid,

Ahh yes, marriage and having a baby. I know all about that. Heterosexuality is a wonderful thing.

by Anonymousreply 8403/14/2015

Wow. That's the definition of fivehead.

by Anonymousreply 8503/14/2015

Saw a St Elsewhere re-run the other night and checked IMDB and it was Helen. I didn't realise how much she did pre-Mad About You. She's worked solidly for 40 years which is pretty impressive.

by Anonymousreply 8603/14/2015

R86 - She was Clancy, Boomer's girlfriend.

What station is rerunning St. Elsewhere?

by Anonymousreply 8703/14/2015

She and Kevin Spacey were mutual beards several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8803/14/2015

She is an ordained minister in the Lesbyterian Church.

by Anonymousreply 8903/14/2015

Agree r74 she may have botoxed but no eye job.

by Anonymousreply 9003/14/2015
Need more help? Click Here.