Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did anyone see Richard Simmons on Chelsea Lately last night?

Oh my GOD!!! That was awful. It was the most embarrassing, cringe-inducing "interview" I've ever seen.

It wasn't even an interview. It was just a drunk or drugged Richard Simmons acting like a complete ass and making a fool of himself. Chelsea tried to handle him like she does most guests but eventually she just gave up.

What's wrong with Richard? Drink? Drugs? Dementia?

by Anonymousreply 3002/14/2013

Where have you been? Richard always acts like a drunken ass.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

He does better with male interviewers who can roll their eyes and sigh, confident that they look supermasculine next to him.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

Richard Simmons needed a Handler and Chelsea couldn't do it.

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

He was so pathetic....Just a sad joke. He used to pull that coy shit with Howard Stern 20years ago until Howard finally banned Richard from his show.

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

Richard embarrassed me on Wendy last week, too. Let him die already...he's humiliating us gays.

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

Chelsea Handler is one ugly woman!

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

Bad publicity (fights, being drunk or fucked up, etc.) is good for the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013

I don't watch Chelsea Lately, and the reason is because she can only get guests who were only relevant 30 years ago like Richard Simmons.

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2013

I have never cared for Richard Simmons. He is very irritating. His crying with no tears routine with the obese ladies really grates on my last nerve. He's too damn old to be wearing the fucking 1977 booty shorts, and that 'fro wig must go. He needs to modernize his look. The Seventies are over, dear. He looked ridiculous in the '70s and '80s... he's a train wreck now.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2013

Why does Simmons always scream? He's so obnoxious in an interview?

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2013

Simmons needs to wear a different kind of outfit. If he wants to wear 'workout' gear, then fine--just update it a bit.

Knock it off with those hideous out-of-date tank tops and nylon Dolphin short-shorts.

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2013

It's all an act. An exhausting act.

by Anonymousreply 1202/14/2013

R13 Chelsea is that you??

by Anonymousreply 1402/14/2013

I think he's crazy with the syphilis.

by Anonymousreply 1502/14/2013

Attention flaming gays.

THIS is how other people see YOU!

by Anonymousreply 1602/14/2013

He's just upset General Hospital hasn't asked him back for the 50th anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 1702/14/2013

Oh, is he gay? That was clearly a verboten topic on last night's show. Chelsea, who will talk about all things gay at the drop of a hat, awkwardly and pointedly ignored the topic, probably at Richard's agent's insistence.

That old queen needs to grow the fuck up and realize that 1) everyone knows, and 2) nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 1802/14/2013

Oh, but he was riding that black guy at the end of his segment. But clearly his sexuality is off limits.

Pathetic old has been.

by Anonymousreply 1902/14/2013

I think too often Gender Identity Issues get confused with Gay. Richard wants to be a woman, not a gay man. He doesn't say he's gay because in his mind he's not.

by Anonymousreply 2002/14/2013

R18 Maybe he's not gay, genius? He could be bisexual, with a preference towards men.

The image Richard projects has always been asexual. Like Rip Taylor or Carrot Top. But he's a damn good humanitarian, and has done a lot in terms of fighting obesity. Figures the vicious queens here would rip him to shreds.

I too agree with R13. Leave him the fuck alone.

by Anonymousreply 2102/14/2013

[quote]It's really ashame you guys don't have the fortitude to stand on your own. You have to proclaim "I'm not like those other gays" to gain an identity and strength.

He makes you look bad too.

by Anonymousreply 2202/14/2013

[quote]Maybe he's not gay, genius? He could be bisexual, with a preference towards men.

You've got to be kidding. On what planet is that old fruit bat bisexual? The closest he's been to a vagina is when helped a fat woman do leg lifts (with a crane, no doubt)

No, Richard Simmons is one of those old Hollywood faggots. They're as queeny and fruity as the day is long but they steadfastly deny it or refuse to talk ab out it. They're a dying breed, thank God.

It would be charming if he wasn't so ... embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 2302/14/2013

R23 There's so much hatred seething in your post, that there's no need to respond.

Respect the man for what he's done in the fight against obesity. Stop being hung up on the image, which he hangs up when the camera's aren't around.

by Anonymousreply 2402/14/2013

R24 what has Rs ever done to fight obesity, other than to exploit women into buying his junk products.

by Anonymousreply 2502/14/2013

Agree R23

by Anonymousreply 2602/14/2013

He has BEEN funny before but he is now into some wierd new phase of his career and he is sad and uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 2702/14/2013

They're laughing AT him.

by Anonymousreply 2802/14/2013

I used to think he was kind of funny on David Letterman, but I haven't seen him lately.

by Anonymousreply 2902/14/2013

The last time Richard Simmons was 'funny,' or even entertaining, was circa 1976. I don't care that he's an old queen, i'm just embarassed that he doesn't realize his antics are no longer 'cute'. There's a time & place for all of us, but Richard has turned a blind eye to the obvious, & as such, has become a cliched punch line.

by Anonymousreply 3002/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.