Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are there any healthy, recreational heroin users?

Or all they all addicts or on their way to becoming addicts?

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2013

Great question! OF course the establishment insists it's impossible and that heroin is instantly addictive. While I wouldn't recommend 'dabbling' in heroin (though I've never tried it) I do have to wonder what the truth is.

Didn't doctor Oz say that Angelina Jolie has to still be a heroin user because she never went to rehab?

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

Dr. Oz is an idiot and a quack.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

OP, why are you asking this on Valentine's Day?

Don't feel hurt, it's just another bullshit holiday that menas nothing.

Anyway, heroin is a terrible drug that changes people--always for the worst. You will ruin your body, look like shit, embarrass yourself and your family, and end up being raped in jail and/or on the streets.

It's lame and so 1990's.

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

I wish.

by Anonymousreply 402/15/2013

Heroin users don't poop--the drug is completely constipating. Therefore, all of those toxins that one should be purging (and heroin users are even more toxic due to the cutting of the dope with poisons) gets trapped in their systems.

Take a good look at Keith Richards, Robert Downey Jr., and Jimmy Page.

Or look at what happened to Anita O'Day.

If you have anxiety issues and low self-esteem, I recommend you try working out. I know no one wants to hear that, but it will 'fix you' better than any drug or booze will.

by Anonymousreply 502/15/2013

There's a lot of vomiting - that wreaks your teeth.

by Anonymousreply 602/15/2013

R5, toxins are digested through your liver, not your poop.

by Anonymousreply 702/15/2013

what a gossipy little fucker Dr Oz is

by Anonymousreply 802/15/2013

[quote] that wreaks your teeth.

Oh my and oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 902/15/2013

Heroin addicted men are such scrawny motherfuckers. It must destroy muscle, or is a result of users laying around all day.

by Anonymousreply 1002/15/2013

I did heroin for about two months in the late 90's. I had a friend who did it a lot and she introduced me too it. I snorted it and she smoked and shot it. There was a lot of puking but I was a nihilistic bulimic back then so it didn't phase me too much. We lived in San Diego but our dealer was in TJ. After awhile it kind of seemed like a pain in the ass to plan a day around when Bertha (the dealer) could come meet us and I surely wasn't going to drive to Mexico to buy it so I just decided not to do it anymore. I never understood why people say that once you do crack or heroin you just are automatically hooked. I have never done crack but have done coke and meth back in the day and was able to quit.

by Anonymousreply 1102/15/2013

[quote]Or look at what happened to Anita O'Day.

She was high on heroin during her famed Newport performance. That's what seems to seduce people: early on you can really do OK on it, maybe even improve in whatever you do. It doesn't really grab you and destroy you quickly the way meth does.

by Anonymousreply 1202/15/2013

WHET our resident morphine user - the one who split baggies with his boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013

It wasn't dr oz...it was dr drew

by Anonymousreply 1402/15/2013

I don't know if Dr. Oz said that, R1, but Dr. Drew definitely said something similar, basically saying that since she admitted to using heroin once, then she is a lifelong addict and either still using or in recovery, since there can literally be nothing in between those two extremes.

Dr. Drew is an ass. He's made millions off the 12 steps and the "chronic lifelong disease" model of addictive behaviors and could never admit that any scenarios exist outside of his rigid, outdated 12 step religion way of looking at things.

(By the way, I know nothing about heroin, have never tried it and have no interest in doing so. I just think Dr. Drew is a pompous piece of shit who needs to stop publicly pretending to be an "expert" on people's private affairs.)

by Anonymousreply 1502/15/2013

Amen r15! Drew is such an arrogant fuck.How many more people will die after going to his faux 21 day rehab? I have known druggies and drug counselors and I have done drugs and I know that a ten year habit is not going to be kicked by a fucking 21 day stay in a minimal lockdown facility. Fuck Drew, he is a misogynistic punk. Also, no kidding you used to have cystic acne, Drew, your skin still looks shitty and retinae-d out.

by Anonymousreply 1602/15/2013

Thanks r15. I was going by memory. It was indeed doctor Drew.

by Anonymousreply 1702/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.