Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Bitter Ball

This space is for anyone who has ever been hurt by love.

I create it for those of you who do not have a valentine, nor 18 bucks.

Share what you will.

by Anonymousreply 2802/14/2013

I *heart* you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

Well, I guess I'll get the party started.

I'm 47 and have never had anyone. No one has ever said "I love you" to me. And even though there's always a slither of hope somewhere deep down inside, I pretty much resolved myself years ago to the reality that some people are just meant to be alone and that I'm one of those people.

But other than that, I'm okay.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

R2, not hearing it does not mean someone doesn't feel it.

You could have many admirers who remain shy or distant.

You simply cannot read people's minds.

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

I've loved and been loved, but never at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

[quote]I've loved and been loved, but never at the same time.

ditto, thanks for putting it in such concise terms.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

Less bitterness and more longing than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013

Being "in love" is overrated. I always looked for someone I liked and didn't get on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2013

R8...making you the most bitter of the posters so far.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2013

R2 It doesn't matter if no-one says that to you. We come into this life alone and we leave alone. I hope you tell people you love them if you feel that way. Love is one of those things that very few people understand. It's a word used too often amongst those who don't know its meaning. It's just a word. I am sure if you look back at your life you will see that many people have loved you but may have not verbalised it.

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2013

you only get what you give...

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2013

I'm bitter and on a warpath today. Did something horrible that probably not only ruined the ex's V Day but most probably broke up his current relationship. I don't feel guilty either.

by Anonymousreply 1202/14/2013

by Anonymousreply 1302/14/2013

People are always saying how good looking I am but I feel either angry and hurt or just dead inside. I have no one specilin my life and I may never again, so comfort yourself with that, people who feel ugly, because looks don't matter for shit.

by Anonymousreply 1402/14/2013

Details, R12.

by Anonymousreply 1502/14/2013

I was in love with a man recently ... totally unrequited, a crush really.

Found out he knew I was sweet on him and used to it to play mind games, hurt me because he could, and just for favors. (Would you mind doing X, Y, or Z?)

Felt like a fool, now I only speak to him when I absolutely have to. At no point has he even wondered, let alone asked why I don't chat with him any more. I assume he figured I wised up and the fun was over.

I feel better - a lot better, didn't realize so how much he was messing with me until I got away emotionally.

An asshole --- well, an asshole to me anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1602/14/2013

"Do you love him, Loretta?

Good. Because when you love them they drive you crazy because they know they can."

- John Patrick Shanley

How very, very true.

by Anonymousreply 1702/14/2013

Sent his gay singles profile link to his fiance's entire super strict Catholic family on Facebook. Oh btw he's marrying a woman because he says that he's " not gay anymore."

R13 I believe in karma as well. That's why because I loaned him money to go to school he broke up with me and moved in with her a week later, I hope that he burns in hell.

by Anonymousreply 1802/14/2013

sitting here crying my eyes out because not only am I alone.. I have pneumonia so can't do much. Feel so unloved. Thank for making this thread..

by Anonymousreply 1902/14/2013

R19, during my birthday last summer I was bedridden with a herniated disc, and my ex texted to say he was moving in with his rebound. I totally know where you are right now.

I hope the pneumonia heals quickly and you're back out in the world soon. Sending you love to wherever you are.

by Anonymousreply 2002/14/2013

I read that Lucille was such a "bitter" Ball, that she was known as "Bitch Ball" throughout Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 2102/14/2013

Lucille "Bitter" Ball is MAIME!

by Anonymousreply 2202/14/2013

R20: I cannot tell you how much your message means to me! I am seriously feeling suicidally depressed because I feel no one cares about me. I am sorry about what you went thru as well! THANK YOU.

by Anonymousreply 2302/14/2013

R18 gets the DL Bitterest Cunt Award Of The Day!

Good for you!

by Anonymousreply 2402/14/2013

"The men I like, don't like me. The men I don't like....don't like me."

by Anonymousreply 2502/14/2013

You know Mary, that's why God invented paper bags.

by Anonymousreply 2602/14/2013

If anybody hurt me, I'm thankful I'm no longer stuck with them. It's cause for celebration.

by Anonymousreply 2702/14/2013

broken hearted bump

by Anonymousreply 2802/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!