Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pat Robertson Claims Islam Is 'Demonic' And 'Not A Religion' But An Economic System

"Every time you look up — these are angry people, it’s almost like it’s demonic that is driving them to kill and to maim and to destroy and to blow themselves up," Robertson said of Islam. "It's a religion of chaos."

Video:

by Anonymousreply 5702/14/2013

Is there anything more pathetic than a senile, wizened old cleric desperately trying to hang on to relevancy? He needs to take a cue from Miss B16 and go cloister himself.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

He's right. That group is totally messed up. The first civilizations sprung up in that region but since the spread of Islam they have run in circles.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

Couldn't the same be said about Christianity?

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

What an old fool.

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

All religions are crap but Islam seems to be particularly bad when it comes to intolerance of other religions and gross human rights abuses. Women in places like Saudi Arabia are definitely second class citizens. Not to mention being gay.

People can make fun of other religions all the time but you can't even print a picture of the "prophet mohammed" without a jihad shitstorm erupting.

I had a very close female friend who was the most open minded loving person I knew, my bestie. Then she married a muslim guy and converted. Then everything changed, she felt she needed to change who I was because I was going to the islamic version of hell for not believing in islam. I couldn't take it anymore, the judging and their level of intolerance towards anything non islamic. They are a wicked bunch of liars and I want nothing to do with any of them.

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

R5 Yeah, a lot fo them really are scary freaks. Too bad your friend got brainwashed, but stuff like that happens a lot when women are either dickmatized or desperate for a man.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

(see also [i]projection[/i])

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013

swing and a miss.

by Anonymousreply 802/14/2013

R3, so tired of false equivalencies like yours. There's nowhere in the world that Christianity visits the oppression and horrors on people that Islam does on a daily basis worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 902/14/2013

Really, R9? You are so convinced that pop Christianity soars so above Islam, and such a freedom gate for gays and sideliners, that you'd lock in that statement above?

by Anonymousreply 1002/14/2013

All religions are stupid, but Islam does have a streak of cruelty in it that won’t allow it to change. It’s based on hate and it’s like a Manuel to all things amoral – pedophilia is fine, murder of non-Muslims is encouraged and the killers are not to be punished, women are nothing but their husband’s slave, it’s a duty to lie in order to hide your intentions and slander your enemy as much as possible, you can never sign a true peace agreement with non-Muslims. Whatever you can think of as positive in modern human rights, Islam instructs the opposite.

The sad thing is that people are not being told the truth about Islamism. Instead of cracking on it and calling it for it is, Americans think in terms of advertisement, that if they call it a “religion of peace” it will somehow stick. It won’t. There are Muslims who work around their religion and don’t practice it fully, but there are many who do and the truth about them needs to be told.

by Anonymousreply 1102/14/2013

I read OP's post as being about Rob Pattinson and not that fundie nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 1202/14/2013

That happened to me once, r12, after a long day.

by Anonymousreply 1302/14/2013

Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 1402/14/2013

Islam is demonic. I agree.

by Anonymousreply 1502/14/2013

It is mass psychosis, political psychosis - and so is the extreme right/fundamentalists.

by Anonymousreply 1602/14/2013

and so are

by Anonymousreply 1702/14/2013

You know, you can call (Islamic)extremists lunatics and demonic and you can also say that American govts have been imperialistic. You don't have to chose one, or pretend that one cancels out the other. And Pat Robertson is old, senile, an extremist, a moron, and a huckster.

by Anonymousreply 1902/14/2013

R19 The only christian group that comes to close to mainstream islam is the westboro baptist church. These muslims are so militant and full of hate for anything and everything.

by Anonymousreply 2002/14/2013

All religious fundies run an economic system fleecing the idiots. He should know.

by Anonymousreply 2102/14/2013

I agree, R20. The problem with Islam is that it did not develop. It's basically a psychosis. If we can say that about Nazis, and the KKK, we should be say it about them.

by Anonymousreply 2202/14/2013

The problem with the United States is that after 100 years of imperialism it has not developed. It continues to spy on other countries, invade and occupy them, bomb others with drones, supply weapons to militia groups . . . It's basically a psychosis. It would do the Nazis proud.

by Anonymousreply 2302/14/2013

Imperialism is about greed and power. It's bad, but it's different.

Dreaming in technicolor if you think the US is the only imperialistic or greedy nation in the world.

by Anonymousreply 2402/14/2013

Islam is a political ideology like Nazism. The biggest threat to gays in Europe are Muslims

by Anonymousreply 2502/14/2013

r23- Muhammad in Pakistan

by Anonymousreply 2602/14/2013

A lot of scared, old, white people here.

by Anonymousreply 2702/14/2013

R11 this pretty much sums it up. Anyone who defends the Islamic religion hasn't read the Koran (spelling?). It does state in there that they should kill all non-believers and women are nothing but dirt.

by Anonymousreply 2802/14/2013

and homosexuals are hung in Iran and other iSLAMIC countries.

by Anonymousreply 2902/14/2013

r27, are you gay?

by Anonymousreply 3002/14/2013

R28 so does the bible...your point?

by Anonymousreply 3102/14/2013

R27, for good reason. There are moderate and even liberal Muslims, and there are far right Christians. However, the far right Muslims are way, way more extreme than the far right Christians. I am sure that quite a few of the Far right Christians would like to be as extreme as the far right Muslims, but the Christians are pretty much kept in check by moderate and liberal Christians. Unfortunately, it is the far right Muslims who really keep the more moderate Muslims in silence.

by Anonymousreply 3202/14/2013

r31, Christianity has evolved, Islam has not.

by Anonymousreply 3302/14/2013

R31, because the teachings of Jesus contradict a great deal of what was in the Old Testament. Indeed, there are at least two occasions when Jesus specifically said that following the laws of the Old Testament to the letter was foolish. The fact is that Christians, for the most part, follow the teaching of Jesus, not those of the Old Testament Rabbis. There are some far right Christians that emphasize the Old Testament, but most Christians do not.

by Anonymousreply 3402/14/2013

R33 yea, tell that to Dr. David Gunn. And Dr. John Britton, and Shannon Lowney and Lee Ann Nichols and Robert Sanderson and Dr. Barnett Slepian and Dr. George Tiller.

The list goes on and on and on...

by Anonymousreply 3502/14/2013

R34 Try again. Deuteronomy 17 is in the New Testament.

by Anonymousreply 3602/14/2013

R35, those events happened over several decades. In Islamic countries such violence would happen over several days. Also, we do not have Lutherans bombing Catholic churches and vice versa as they do in Islamic countries where one branch of Islam will terrorize another.

by Anonymousreply 3702/14/2013

I have friends in London and Oslo and said the women and gay bashing by Muslims is horrible

by Anonymousreply 3802/14/2013

[quote]Anyone who defends the Islamic religion hasn't read the Koran

One might say the same thing about Judaism and the Talmud.

by Anonymousreply 3902/14/2013

It has been awhile since I looked at the Bible, but I'm pretty sure Deuteronomy is an old testament r36

by Anonymousreply 4002/14/2013

I've met several nice Muslim people who are very law-abiding and decent. But there's one very weird thing they do: in casual conversation, they always insult Jewish people. Always. We could be talking about the weather and something about "the Jews" comes up.

There is a very deep hatred of anything Jewish amongst them. And I just have to walk away from it, it creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 4102/14/2013

R37 I'm sorry, I had no idea murder in the name of God had a self life.

by Anonymousreply 4202/14/2013

r41, According to Sharia law, EVERY Jew should be killed and every non Muslim must convert and submit to Islam or die

by Anonymousreply 4302/14/2013

R40 I stand corrected

by Anonymousreply 4402/14/2013

r42, go Live in Iran or Pakistan you would love it

by Anonymousreply 4502/14/2013

R34, as far as I know the only mention of D17 in the New Testament is where Paul says that it has been overturned by faith in Jesus and the Gospel.

by Anonymousreply 4602/14/2013

R45 I never said I did. Perhaps you can try reading what I wrote again? Or maybe an adult can help you understand?

by Anonymousreply 4702/14/2013

Wow, this thread died quickly.

by Anonymousreply 4802/14/2013

Yeah, look who's calling the kettle black.

by Anonymousreply 4902/14/2013

r1, your post was hysterically funny, true, but funny as hell. Wanda Sykes wondered if Pat Robertson was over 100 years old when he said the Haitians made a pact with the devil.

by Anonymousreply 5002/14/2013

In this instance Pat Robertson is absoutely right. Even the corner candy store here in NYC has a Yemeni staff who will proudly tell obvious gays : In my country we can kill you for the life you're living." sweet, huh?

by Anonymousreply 5102/14/2013

Pat Robertson made a deal with with devil a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 5202/14/2013

R51 to which I would reply, "and your point is...?"

by Anonymousreply 5302/14/2013

r51, I definitely hear what you are saying and agree, but you don't need some old blowhard like Pat Robertson to give it any validation.

by Anonymousreply 5402/14/2013

Hey R23, when are you moving to Iran? Or maybe Yemen?

by Anonymousreply 5502/14/2013

France has the right attitude towards Muslims: be French or face the consequences. The Muslim enclaves around Paris are absolute hell holes. Everywhere these people go turns to shit.

by Anonymousreply 5602/14/2013

My burqa stinks!

by Anonymousreply 5702/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.