Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

American Airlines, US Air combine to make world's largest airline

The merger will make American Airlines and US Airways slightly bigger than United Airlines.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013

Please do not screw up my 250,000-plus frequent flyer miles with American Airlines.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

As long as they call it American and I can keep my status, fine.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

I'm really glad unfettered de-regulation has lead to greater and greater consumer choice.

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

And VON, don't forget the excellent service airlines now provide, as opposed to the dark old pre-deregulation days when passengers weren't treated like cattle, flight attendants were unfailingly polite, when meals, non-alcoholic beverages, movies, music, hot towels and baggage were all included in the ticket price, and when you got on a plane there was a very good chance you would arrive at your destination with few, if any, non-weather related delays.

Oh the benefits of the free market system.

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

So how many major airlines are remaining in the U.S.?

Three? Four?

Yup, deregulation has really opened up the marketplace.

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

[quote]So how many major airlines are remaining in the U.S.?

Of the majors, Delta, United, and American.

Then you've got the smaller carriers like Southwest (which is in the process of eating AirTran), JetBlue, Virgin America, Alaska Air/Horizon, Frontier, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

Combining to make the worst airline in the world? Why are US airline cabin staff so ancient and rude? It makes traveling in the US really unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 702/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.