Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Craig Ferguson

I'm a fan but haven't watched the Late Late show for a while until tonight. Russell Brand was on and they both seemed drunk, tweaking or both. I thought Ferguson was in recovery?

by Anonymousreply 1709/03/2013

They're *both* supposed to be in recovery. Ferguson's talked about it on the show and Brand has in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 102/14/2013

I want to like Ferguson more than I do. I think perhaps his show might be funnier if he were conversing with non-American (excluding US comedian) celebrities, i.e. the types that enliven Graham Norton's show. US celebrities tend be too uptight and "on message".

And his self-deprecating stuff about his show/studio/success grates.

by Anonymousreply 202/14/2013

I caught a shot of him waiting to go on one of the morning shows, and it surprised him and he looked miserable. He seems to be getting more hateful in his interviews.

And why the half-hour of monologue every show, all sexual innuendo and cutesy poses? No one can be that interesting.

I saw him interview Dennis Quaid a while back and he was disrespectful and mocking him in a gay-baiting way. Was it because he played gay in "Far From Heaven"?

by Anonymousreply 302/14/2013

[quote]He seems to be getting more hateful in his interviews.

Not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 402/14/2013

He lost me with the stupid robot skeleton. He now spends the first 30 minutes of his show basically killing time with that silly prop, and I no longer have the patience to sit through it waiting for the first guest (I still think he does very good interviews).

Too bad he doesn't care enough to give us a real 60 minute show.

by Anonymousreply 502/14/2013

His whole schtick is that of a Scottish drunk; he's parodying a drunk hosting a talk show parodying infotainment of the day.

Unfortunately, this 'funny' caters to CBS and David Letterman. That's probably the demographic audience they're shooting for anyway.

by Anonymousreply 602/14/2013

Youre right r2 The best interviews he's done have been with non-US guests. The ones with Ewan McGregor and Gerard Butler were great.

by Anonymousreply 702/24/2013

Oh, and Craig? Why haven't you had John Barrymore and David Tennant on?

by Anonymousreply 802/24/2013

Bitches.

by Anonymousreply 902/24/2013

R8, you should send that question to him by email or a tweet. He might read it on the show.

by Anonymousreply 1002/24/2013

R8 - John Barrymore?

MY GRANDPA?

by Anonymousreply 1102/24/2013

He'll read it here, r10.

by Anonymousreply 1202/24/2013

I've seen Ferguson look very drunk on his show before. One time he slaped at the camera and broke it. My brother is also "in recovery" I know a drunk when I see one. I used to like his show but that horse and skeleton thing ruined it. It looks like the old Benny Hill Show now and I hated that too.

by Anonymousreply 1302/24/2013

They got Geoff's other arm to move and then his hand fell off.

by Anonymousreply 1409/03/2013

He is ageing like shit hate to say it bring on the botox and plastic surgery and yeh he behaves as though he is high.

by Anonymousreply 1509/03/2013

I don't believe John Barrymore will be making appearances anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 1609/03/2013

R8 meant John Barrowman, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1709/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.