Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NBA player Kenneth Faried discusses having two moms, joins Athlete Ally

[quote]Faried, a New Jersey native nicknamed the "Manimal", is a 23 year-old star for the Denver Nuggets who played at Morehead State University in Kentucky. Earlier this season, Faried won the Player of the Week award and set a new career high with 20 rebounds in a game against the Miami Heat. Last week, Faried was selected to take part in the Sprite Slam Dunk competition during State Farm All-Star Saturday Night in Houston on Febuary 16th and he will also be participating in the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge. The proud son of two lesbian moms, Faried stood up in January to support marriage equality with a PSA geared toward legislation in Colorado.

[quote]"Becoming an Athlete Ally gives me the opportunity to spread a message of inclusiveness throughout the NBA and our country. I have two moms and I love them both very much. I respect, honor and support them in every way. The bond I have with them has made me realize that I want all members of the LGBT community - whether they are parents, players, coaches or fans - to feel welcome in the NBA and in all of our communities," said Faried.

by Anonymousreply 1702/17/2013

How sweet.

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2013

What a sweetheart.

Nice to know not all NBA/NFL/MBL guys are homophobic assholes.

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2013

Cool.

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2013

That's great.

Matter of fact, Kobe Bryant just reprimanded a Twitter follower for being homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2013

My dad called me today to tell me about this. He likes this guy a lot and thinks he has major potential.

by Anonymousreply 502/13/2013

I posted the Kobe thing the other day. Hmm, so four of the many major (though not in our country) athletes who have very civilly asked for equality or tolerance among athletes are black: Kobe Bryant, Brendan Ayanbadejo, John Ameche, and now Kenneth Faried. Oop, and Kobe was a teammate of Luke Walton's! Bryant made an adolescent mistake; he may want to preserve a long-term relevance, but nonetheless he recognizes and does the right thing. I can't help but think that being a father nudges him.

You know there are many others who feel the same way but don't have sufficient influence or important contracts.

by Anonymousreply 602/13/2013

This is the guy we should be posting about.

by Anonymousreply 702/16/2013

Was he a turkey baster baby or are his 2 mothers interracial, or was he the son of one of the mother's and brought into the relationship?

by Anonymousreply 802/16/2013

This is awesome. And this is the NBA! It's great and definitely appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 902/16/2013

His mother Waudda has Lupus. Check out that gaga thread. 1 in 250 AA women have Lupus.

His biomother is the one in the burka get up I think, and Manasin Copeland is the younger woman I think, so "Oomie" doesn't seem to have been in his life a long time. I suspect there's a bio-dad out there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 1002/16/2013

Ok have dug more, Manasin has only been in his life for a decade. According to this article on yahoo sports.

by Anonymousreply 1102/16/2013

And here's a nice story about Kenneth and his mums and dad...

by Anonymousreply 1202/16/2013

And another story...

by Anonymousreply 1302/16/2013

Waudda, couldda, shouldda.

by Anonymousreply 1402/16/2013

Actually R14:

Waudda (pronounced “Wa-dee-uh”)

Faried (“Fah-reed”)

by Anonymousreply 1502/16/2013

Oh, shit. This is going to bring some interesting headlines. The most ever-ready, intelligent, and adaptable kid ever who seeks and strives beyond basketball is our hero. Kenneth Faried has his shit together beyond any NBA. What a shock!

Kenneth sounds like the kid every parent, regardless of race, wants -- happy, outgoing, and eminently adaptable who presents every kind of intelligence and good will that people respond to.

by Anonymousreply 1602/17/2013

Oh, my GOD! They're BLACK Muslims! They're BLACK MUSLIMS who favor marriage! They're going to haul us, the innocent population, away from the rest of us Mississippi gulf pretenders who would like to protect the city of New Orleans, despite out frank idiocy, from any type of marriage!!!

Funny to see our small wreckage as regional cuntitude directs...

by Anonymousreply 1702/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.