Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Male secrets, male lies

Seems like it would be exhausting juggling all those untruths. And once you're caught, it's over- no one will really believe you again.

Why is their first instinct to lie?

by Anonymousreply 902/13/2013

You`re saying `their`,are you a woman(honestly)?

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2013

My boyfriend started lying in 2nd grade. It was a means of protection or self-preservation. It was how he learned to cope and survive in life. He did get caught over the years, but didn't change till a few years ago. It felt safer to hide who he really was. Wasn't until he learned more about intimacy and being honest, and the freedom that brings, that he made the concerted effort toward integrity. He says it's much easier than trying to manage all his lies.

His sister is like this too, so maybe it's an offshoot of some kinds of abuse? Their dad was a beater, mom neglectful and absent (fig and lit).

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2013

[quote]My boyfriend started lying in 2nd grade.

Lying about what?

[quote]His sister is like this too, so maybe it's an offshoot of some kinds of abuse?

I was a compulsive liar for most of my childhood until around age 21, and indeed it started as a way to cover up the truth about my abusive, dirt-poor family life. I made up bizarre stories about background and got a perverse high from seeing if people believed me.

Once I got to college and was at last surrounded by people who were no dummies, I began to realize nobody believed or trusted me. I eventually outgrew the need to lie. It became much more fun to surprise people who had underestimated me.

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2013

Often women don't want to hear the truth, easier to lie.

(I am guessing OP is female as well R1)

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2013

OP just caught her husband cruising for dick on Scruff.

by Anonymousreply 502/13/2013

Cunts can't handle the truth.

by Anonymousreply 602/13/2013

Sorry Nancy Drews- I have a weiner.

I just notice that pause that men do when you ask them anything. They watch you, and try to speculate on what it is you want to hear. And what they can get away with.

by Anonymousreply 702/13/2013

Presumably you don't include yourself as a man, otherwise you could answer your own question toots.

by Anonymousreply 802/13/2013

[quote]I just notice that pause that men do when you ask them anything. They watch you, and try to speculate on what it is you want to hear. And what they can get away with.

It's like people who are being interviewed on radio talk shows. In place of the pause, they say, "That's a good question."

by Anonymousreply 902/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.