Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think the majority of people have herpes now?

That they're just not aware of it, are undiagnosed? I mean it's pretty contagious, and everybody's been fucking everybody for a long time now.

by Anonymousreply 602/13/2013

yes, that's why I would never fuck a celeb, no matter how hot. They all fuck each other for roles or what not, if they are in the music or sports biz, they fuck their groupies and trash etc.

And a condom is not 100% protection, don't be a fool.

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2013

No. I don't think the majority do.

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2013

"everybody's been fucking everybody for a long time now"

ROFLMAO. Lots of people rarely or never get laid.

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2013

That depends; are you talking oral or genital herpes?

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2013

I only fuck Jewish men. There's no way I will end up with Gentile Herpes!

by Anonymousreply 502/13/2013

A lot, lot more than you think. First, it really doesn't make a difference between having oral or genital. If you have ever had a cold sore, giving a blow job can transmit it to your partner, whether or not you currently have a cold sore. Second, many people are asymptomatic (though still capable of transmitting) and most people are never tested for herpes. You have to specifically request it from your doctor.

Whether it's a majority or not, I'm one of the crowd. I got it from frottage - a guy rubbed his cock against me long and hard enough to abrade the skin (not on my genitals). I had a doctors appointment a week later and asked him to look at the just-developed blisters and was diagnosed by a culture.

The hardest thing is disclosing when there is such stigma. I've kept having sex with the guy who gave it to me (I believe he had just contracted it himself), but haven't really dated or had sex with anyone else. I'm sure my delaying tactics with interested parties don't help - but it's hard to have this conversation with someone you don't know yet. Who just might tell all your friends and acquaintances.

In terms of numbers, probably 30 to 40% of sexually active gay men. They found that in NY - basically, if you double what the rate is for straights, you'll get good estimate. Also, some people may be naturally resistant. There is probably not a gay man around who hasn't been exposed to it, though.

by Anonymousreply 602/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!