Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Top Clinton Donor says Hillary Will Run for President in 2016

Angelo Tsakopoulos, a close friend and top political donor to the Clintons as well as the Democratic Party, confirmed that Hillary Clinton will seek the Democratic nomination in the next Presidential election.

Tsakopoulos told Greek Reporter that the former Secretary of State will run for President in 2016, putting an end to speculation over whether Clinton will make a second bid for President that has been circulating around the internet and international media.

“Hillary will be our next President and she will be a great one,” Tsakopoulos told Greek Reporter at a private gala in California this past weekend.

Asked if this was confirmed by Clinton or whether it’s his personal view, he replied, “I talk to her husband, and he confirmed it. She will run.”

Tsakopoulos’ daughter, Eleni Tsakopoulos-Kounalakis, is the U.S. Ambassador to Hungary and was sworn into office by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on January 7, 2010.

“My daughter will continue serving as an Ambassador for the next three months, and then she will return to the U.S. to help elect Hillary [as] President,” he continued.

Ambassador Eleni Tsakopoulos-Kounalakis has very close ties to the Clintons as well, and she is expected to play a major role in the “Hillary for President 2016″ campaign. In the 2008 primary, Tsakopoulos-Kounalakis raised more than $1 million for Mrs. Clinton.

Hillary Clinton’s office has not responded to Greek Reporter‘s request for comment on the matter.

When asked last week at a global town hall if she was thinking of making another run for the White House, Clinton said, “I am not thinking about anything like that right now,” CNN reported.

A recent Quinnipiac University survey shows the former Secretary of State to be the most popular U.S. politician, with a 61% to 34% favorable to unfavorable rating. She could do well enough to beat out possible Republican opponents Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Representative Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.), and former Governor Jeb Bush (Fla.). She even surpassed President Obama in popularity. His favorability rating is 51%, while 46% view him unfavorably.

Born in Rizes, Greece, Tsakopoulos came to the U.S. in his teens as a poor immigrant and managed to become one of the largest developers in California. He founded AKT Development, a leading developer in the Sacramento region. His donations to former President Bill Clinton were rewarded with a night in the prestigious Lincoln Bedroom.

Hillary Clinton has been a leading female political figure since taking the title of first lady in 1993. She has also been a Senator as well as the nation’s Chief Diplomat, coming closer to the White House than any other woman. Her record as Secretary of State, despite the controversy over Benghazi, has been a testament to her work ethic and humility.

Even though the next race for the White House is a few years away, there’s already intense speculation over whether Clinton will make a second bid for president and according to Tsakopoulos, her husband – former President Bill Clinton – has confirmed it.

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2013

Bill and Terry McAuliffe were already lining up major donors behind Hillary at the DNC in Charlotte last September.

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2013

[quote]“I talk to her husband, and he confirmed it. She will run.”

I got news for the Greek: Hillary does not follow orders from Bill.

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2013

This is how we will end up with a Jeb Bush presidency.

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2013

R2, I don't think she's saying Hillary follows orders from Bill. I think she's saying Bill knows Hillary and expects her to run.

How so, R3? Hillary is polling ahead of Bush. And who's to say Bush can even get the nomination?

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2013

My guess is that at the moment she still has doubts, but has ... "authorized" her supporters to set (very) preliminary stuff in motion, with the option to call it off before it's too late. IF (a BIG "if") she can get the nomination essentially unopposed, and if she's polling solidly against all Republicans (as in she should do better than Obama 2008), I can't see her passing up being first woman president either.

by Anonymousreply 502/13/2013

No white bitch is going to be telling ME what to do!

We'll be staying home in droves.

by Anonymousreply 602/13/2013

From one Greek to another, this guy needs to STFU. Even if Angelo Tsakopoulos did receive confirmation from Bill Clinton (which I don't believe), he should not be announcing it to anyone now.

He can certainly say that he supports a presidential run by Hillary...or he'd "love to see her run," but news of Hillary's candidacy or non-candidacy will not originate from Mr. Tsakopoulos.

Now Mr. Tsakopoulos--go raise some money and suppoprt for Hillary's potential presidential run. But keep your mouth shut when it comes to the media at least until an appropriate time.

by Anonymousreply 702/13/2013

We need to wait to see if Hillary is even still alive in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 802/13/2013

I wonder if r8 will be around to see it in 2016?

by Anonymousreply 1002/13/2013

Of course she'll run now that we know The Enquirer story about her having brain cancer is bogus. I'm so disappointed with Enquirer. They usually get it right.

by Anonymousreply 1102/13/2013

Some doctors believe she had a TIA.

by Anonymousreply 1202/13/2013

What will her Greek friends say by 2016 when their country of origin is on its last legs?

by Anonymousreply 1302/13/2013

No shit, honey.

by Anonymousreply 1402/13/2013

You know, the root of the word Miller is a Greek word. Miller come from the Greek word "milo," which is mean "apple," so there you go.

As many of you know, our name, Portokalos, is come from the Greek word "portokali," which mean "orange." So, okay? Here tonight, we have, ah, apple and orange. We all different, but in the end, we all fruit.

by Anonymousreply 1502/13/2013

R7 is right, but if it is true, Bill better hide quick. Hillary will be furious. She's not kidding about wanting to rest for awhile. She just had a serious health crisis and needs to rejuvenate for at least a few months.

by Anonymousreply 1602/13/2013

People are begging Hillary to run....again. I hope "Little Miss Shoe-In" learned a lesson from Obama on how to caucus during the Democratic primary.

And maybe this time her husband can keep from making racist comments about black minorities. At least in public.

by Anonymousreply 1702/13/2013

[quote]And maybe this time her husband can keep from making racist comments about black minorities. At least in public.

Begone, troll. The only thing that Bill Clinton said was Obama would probably win South Carolina because Jesse Jackson won there, meaning the black people in SC tend to vote for the black candidate.

by Anonymousreply 1802/13/2013

I really like Hillary and would love her to be president, but I hope she doesn't do that whole inevitability meme that she did last time. Because she thought that she had it wrapped up, she put together a weak campaign team and wasn't prepared when Obama came from out of nowhere and bested her with a new style of campaigning that she wasn't ready to compete against. I just hope she's ready this time. Not to be president, because that's a peice a cake. But to be elected and the campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 1902/13/2013

And at the end of 2016, Republicans will have lost the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections.

by Anonymousreply 2002/13/2013

I don't trust the Clintons, they'll probably sell out whatever is left of the left by 2018. BUT, as long as we don't get a Republican President...

by Anonymousreply 2102/13/2013

But you trusted ODummy...

by Anonymousreply 2202/13/2013

She fucked up Benghazi and had to resign. The GOP won't let her forget it.

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2013

[quote]She fucked up Benghazi and had to resign.

Good lord, R23, you're a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 2402/13/2013

R22, how was shitting your pants to get out of Vietnam? Play Cat Scratch Fever for us!

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.