Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's With The Jenny McCarthy Hate?

Is this mainly over her anti-vaccination stand?

by Anonymousreply 9101/30/2015

How many sick/dead kids is she responsible for?

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2013

I thought she was OK as bimbos famous for plastic tits go in the 90s on Singled Out, least she had some personality however contrived.

Not liking the vaccination/autism stance and one woman crusade though, what I've read about it, but I liked her with Jim Carrey.

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2013

Unfunny doofus girl whose 15 minutes ran out 20 minutes ago. Also, stupid enough to be in a relationship with Jim Carrey.

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2013

R2 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 402/13/2013

She disparaged Oprah on Andy Cohen's show the other day....she must die.

by Anonymousreply 502/13/2013

I take back everything I just wrote about her.

by Anonymousreply 602/13/2013

I used to be a fan but I'm not anymore She's an irresponsible, uninformed, poorly educated crack pot. Based on her sons "symptoms" many doctors believe he was misdiagnosed and doesn't have autism. But I guess coming clean about that or getting him properly diagnosed would mean a loss on revenue and that would never do.

by Anonymousreply 702/13/2013

It is so bizarre where women chose to get their medical info from...Jenny, Oz the dangerous fame whore, Oprah....

by Anonymousreply 802/13/2013

What r7 said. I don't know why anyone would take Jenny fucking McCarthy's diagnostic advice to begin with but yeah, many kids are not getting vaccinated because of her wackiness. She's so smart, she singlehandedly figured out the government autism conspiracy. Now if only Rachael Ray could get a handle on what cause Aspberger's.

by Anonymousreply 902/13/2013

She's a stupid person who thinks because she's read a couple of useless anti-vax books that she is now an expert on the subject, a subject which scientists have been studying for years. All the bullshit she believes about vaccine has been debunked, but she thinks she's smarter and knows better than all those scientists.

by Anonymousreply 1002/13/2013

She's a bimbo with no talent!

by Anonymousreply 1102/13/2013

Her "Singled Out" cohort Chris Hardwick has aged really well.

by Anonymousreply 1202/13/2013

She tries too hard to be funny and 'hot'. She was pretty when she was younger, but is starting to look plastic (too much Botox). She is beyond the shelf life for 'hot'. She was never really funny. I don't know if she has any other talents.

by Anonymousreply 1302/13/2013

Just seeing her on New Years Eve was enough to convince me she's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1402/13/2013

That she thinks her son is an "indigo child" is enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 1502/13/2013

The people who have done the research trying to debunk what she's saying we're getting funding from vaccine makers. Kids are getting 80 vaccinations compared to about 16 that they got years ago. There's a very good chance that so many ridiculous vaccinations are the culprit, in fact a totally unrelated theory is that over-cleanliness could be the cause. Bottom line, kids don't need all these vaccinations, and scientists have yet to figure out what causes autism. Too many people have now jumped on the 'too many vaccinations cannot be the cause of autism.' We just don't know, and yes I know all about the first study that was a load of horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 1602/13/2013

R16, you're also an ignorant twit.

by Anonymousreply 1702/13/2013

Be that as it may, r10, I don't see any of your little "scientists" being asked to be celebrity spokesmodels for Candies shoes. Who's the dummy now?

by Anonymousreply 1802/13/2013

All she need be to bring the hate out here is be female.

by Anonymousreply 1902/13/2013

Buh bye dumb anti-science nutbag...

"The View" is cleaning house. Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were out. We've also heard but not confirmed executive producer Bill Geddie may not be coming back.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

"The View" has been in turmoil since Jenny was hired ... it messed up the chemistry on the show.

So far no word official word on who is replacing the panel, but we're told the list includes Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer.

by Anonymousreply 2006/26/2014

Exactly how many threads are you planning to cut-and-paste this same message in, r20?

by Anonymousreply 2106/26/2014

[all posts by childish idiot removed]

by Anonymousreply 2206/26/2014

Jenny McCarthy does not belong on The View or on any show that is even semi-serious or at least requires a semi-informed discussion. McCarthy's niche is dumb and dumber, sarcastic, mindless television that includes sex, sexual innuendo, sarcastic bullshit.

The less we see of Jenny McCarthy the better. She's another person who is famous for being famous. I don't care about her vaccination stance--she did that for her son and her intentions were for the good even if she turned out to be wrong, and even that may be up for debate.

But instead, it's everything else. I just don't care to give her a platform or forum to discuss much of anything on television or in the media.

by Anonymousreply 2306/26/2014

To borrow a suggestion from another thread, the next woman on the panel who should be in charge is Morgan Fairchild. She's smart and sexy and knows her shit.

by Anonymousreply 2406/26/2014

This is her legacy:

by Anonymousreply 2607/31/2014

I don't care for her at all but I don't hate her either. She's just another untalented personality.

by Anonymousreply 2707/31/2014

The really REALLY sad thing is her kid doesn't even have autism. He was misdiagnosed.

by Anonymousreply 2807/31/2014

[quote] What's With The Jenny McCarthy Hate?

We have eyes, ears and taste buds.

by Anonymousreply 2907/31/2014

OP = Shit-Stirrer.

by Anonymousreply 3007/31/2014

Jenny and Sherri both come across as bimbos on The View. The way they gush over the products they hawk and the show's celebrity guests is cringe-inducing.

Whoopi seems to have roused herself from her marijuana fog lately, probably in anticipation of Rosie's imminent arrival.

by Anonymousreply 3107/31/2014

She inferred the other day on The View that Hillary Clinton was a lesbian, and the media left it alone.

by Anonymousreply 3207/31/2014

She's a vulgah cunt.

by Anonymousreply 3307/31/2014

She has a daily show on satellite radio now. She could actually be pretty funny, but she's too vulgar and sounds as if she's trying really hard to be so. Also, the few times I've listened, her dad was co-hosting and Jenny still continually says the f-word, and talks in detail about her sexuality. It's bad enough that she talks like that with dear old Dad right there… but then Dad also speaks graphically of his private parts and dirty thoughts. It's really strange (and inappropriate).

I guess it's not surprising that Jenny grew up, got fake boobs and became famous by posing naked in men's magazines.

by Anonymousreply 3411/17/2014

The recent measles outbreak is getting major attention for the McCarthy moron.

Yesterday's L.A. Times headlines -- "Jenny McCarthy: anti-vaxxer, public menace."

The Washington Post says -- "Jenny McCarthy tries to mend her anti-vaccine reputation with reality TV. It's too little, too late."

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2015

[quote]She inferred the other day on The View that Hillary Clinton was a lesbian, and the media left it alone.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2015

You mean Jenny McMeasles?

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2015

Salt Lake Tribune: Parents are clueless or in denial to the fact that these diseases can be deadly, thanks to Jenny McCarthy, Hollywood entertainer, who helps fuel this issue because she believes her child got autism from vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2015

Since I don't follow McCarthy, I only know the bare outline of her alleged idiocies.

if her son was misdiagnosed with autism, what's his real problem? Mental retardation? Oppositional Defiant Disorder? Undisciplined Child of Trifling Parents Syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 3901/28/2015 - Demand for measles vaccines has overwhelmed some pediatricians in California — even the doctor best known for treating anti-vaccine activist Jenny McCarthy's son.

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2015

Um, you guys just don't understand the way things are in the world today. I am entitled to my opinions, and I don't care about your so-called science. So, you have "facts" that contradict my opinions? So what? I have stated my opinions as fact, and therefore they should hold equal sway in the marketplace of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2015

Jenny's most despicale move was to become Marky Mark's sister in law. Donnie Walhberg looks like a child molester who still lives in his mom's basement.

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2015

What was there to like? She's an ignorant skank.

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2015

[quote]Undisciplined Child of Trifling Parents Syndrome?

I love this.

by Anonymousreply 4401/28/2015

It's just her anti-vax views for me.

I once saw a show where it was her and a bunch of medical resources. She said that vaccines cause autism with such confidence that I hated here right then.

by Anonymousreply 4501/28/2015

She's not responsible for any, r1, except her own. If these kids' parents are stupid enough to decide whether or not to vaccinate their kids based on the opinions of Jenny McCarthy, they were probably living on borrowed time anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2015

Um, okay, I just noticed that r1 posted in 2013 so has no doubt long since moved on with their life, but my point still stands :)

by Anonymousreply 4801/28/2015

and the award goes to you!! r42. genius.

i could never properly articulate what it was about donny w that is so creepy... until i read your comment

applause :)

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2015

R46 it's difficult to tell if you're trying to be funny or are actually just very, very stupid.

You DO know that autism has been around since the dawn of man? Yes? Way before vaccines were introduced. Isaac Newton was on the autism scale. The idiot savant is a very old idea. What you're claiming as "facts" are actually fiction.

The parameters for diagnosing autism spectrum disorders have changed and widened incredibly over the past fifty years so what we would have described as socially awkward in the 70s is now classed as being in the autistic spectrum. Not a higher incidence, just a different description.

I swear it is so hard to distinguish where Poe's Law is in effect on DL, trying to weed out the intentionally trolling from the irredeemably stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2015

[quote]She's a stupid person who thinks because she's read a couple of useless anti-vax books that she is now an expert on the subject, a subject which scientists have been studying for years.

Why else would I cast her in [italic]The Stupids[/italic]?

by Anonymousreply 5101/28/2015

[quote]My son was was diagnosed with autism the day after he got vaccinated.

I feel your pain since I've been there, too, R46. I noticed that my son needed a haircut the day after he got vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 5201/28/2015

I don't hate Jenny. I actually think she's funny.

She's not the sharpest tool in the jar but I don't care.

I ran across her new reality show with Donnie, her son and her dad. I enjoyed it so much I watched the few I'd missed.

I was never into the boy bands so I never knew much about Donnie. He definitely seems 100% nicer than Marky Mark. I also really like Donnie's mom.

He comes off as a good egg who really cares for Jenny, her kid and her father.

I also like seeing how "stars" live when the show is filmed in their home. Their townhouse is in Weehauken,NJ.

by Anonymousreply 5301/28/2015

Preach r50.

Sadly R46 believes the shit she's been sold by the likes of anti vaccers who don't have a single degree or an intelligent thought between them. Autism is not preventable and has been around forever. I used to teach autistic children, some vaccinated but mostly unvaccinated, and it didn't make a lick of difference. I believe whole heartedly that it runs in families and is more common in boys. I've seen the same pattern over and over in hundreds of kids and vaccines had NOTHING to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 5401/28/2015

Her reality show with Donnie is abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 5501/28/2015

It used to be that most of us lived our lives among the same 300 people and the socially awkward among us didn't get to breed. Then, we moved to big cities and some awkward types met one another and had kids. Then technology made it possible where a truly awkward person could person could pay for a couple movies and still get laid. A few generations of this breeding and bam, full blown screamy type autism.

by Anonymousreply 5601/28/2015

R46 it's always been here hon. They just thought you're kids were stupid.

by Anonymousreply 5701/29/2015

I think CNN, magazines and any other media outlet that allowed Jenny McCarthy to express her beliefs about vaccines and autism are more responsible for the public hysteria than Jenny herself. She really believed her (quack) doctor, but Larry King and other interviewers didn't have to give her a continual platform.

by Anonymousreply 5801/29/2015

^ outlets

by Anonymousreply 5901/29/2015

Jim Carrey was an anti-vaccine activist right along with Jenny while they were dating. He should be held accountable for his part, too. He was super famous and probably helped draw larger audiences and more attention for McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 6001/29/2015

This sentiment is nothing new. I remember people objecting to vaccines back in the early eighties.

by Anonymousreply 6101/29/2015

[quote]She's not the sharpest tool in the jar

That's the understatement of the year.

by Anonymousreply 6201/29/2015

She's tried to back away from her anti-vaxxer statements and claim that she was taken out of context. But years of TV appearances talking about this stuff can't be ignored; years of statements.

She can't brush aside her part in causing thousands of children to get sick, some to die, some to have lifelong complications.

She's the worst kind of ignorant, empty-headed fool, and so are the people who defend her and listen to her.

by Anonymousreply 6301/29/2015

Nearly all the news stories about the Disney measles mention Jenny McCarthy. She's getting more publicity on this than she ever got for her plastic boobs.

by Anonymousreply 6401/29/2015

i really feel bad for that new guy on the block marrying her then her getting fared off the view. what are theydoing for cash

by Anonymousreply 6501/29/2015

He made millions a year ago with the NKOTB reunion tour. The fraus pay big bucks to have personal meets after the concerts. He also guests on a number of TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 6601/29/2015

True, R64 but I doubt it's the type of publicity she wants.

by Anonymousreply 6701/29/2015

So according to R68, don't blame Jenny McCarthy, blame that radical black activist, Oprah, the original Black Panther.

by Anonymousreply 6901/29/2015

She's a self-pitying, self-referential, mean-spirited and hatefully manipulative bitch.

Does that help, OP?

by Anonymousreply 7001/29/2015

Oprah's quackery is the stuff of legends.

The Secret, the "You choose your life to learn karmic lessons" bullshit, Gary Zuckav, Dr. Ozzball, the "I was so poor I had pet cockroaches" tired old meme, medical 'psychics' who can see through your body with x-ray eyes, the Scientology brigade, Jenny MacCArthy. etc bitches.

And it was the ancient Chinese who invented vaccinations, it has been around for 5 thousand years, they just didn't use needles.

by Anonymousreply 7101/29/2015

There is a measles outbreak in California now and people are coming down really, really hard on anti-vaxers. And truth is few of them have any medical background and are doing it because it seems trendy and more "natural" without realizing how harmful it is to the notion of "herd immunity" that helped us eradicate potentially fatal diseases like measles.

Jenny is bearing the brunt of this "Hate On The Anti-Vaxers" groundswell because she was most vocal about it, especially the discredited theory that it can cause autism.

by Anonymousreply 7601/29/2015

[quote]The fact is they push shit on us all the time that they don't understand but pretend they do. This year's flu vaccine is a case in point.

Comparing a new vaccine to a decades-old proven vaccine is typical of the stupidity of the anti-vax brigade as they attempt to explain their stance.

by Anonymousreply 7701/29/2015

Why would anyone take medical advise from this twit?

by Anonymousreply 7801/29/2015

Donnie's doing fine for money. He's been co-staring on a successful TV series-Blue Bloods.

His former group has reunited for a world tour.

by Anonymousreply 7901/29/2015

She's a moron.

by Anonymousreply 8001/29/2015

[quote]So yes, overwhelming children with multiple vaccinations is a terrible thing.

Except that there's no medical science to back this up. Multiple vaccinations do not overwhelm the immune system. People claim this to be true, but there is no evidence to support the claim.

by Anonymousreply 8101/30/2015

[quote she's not the sharpest tool in the jar]

by Anonymousreply 8201/30/2015

I thought Jenny McCarthy was a bit mentally unstable even before the anti-vaccine activism. Shame on the broadcasters who took her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 8301/30/2015

From the LA Times article about Jenny McCarthy, Oprah Winfrey was responsible too.

[quote]One of the chief offenders is Oprah Winfrey, who exposed her huge television audience to McCarthy, treating her as an expert on autism because she had "mommy instinct.... She knows what she's talking about," Oprah advised her fans. But CNN's Larry King and Time Inc.'s People Magazine also gave McCarthy star treatment. In our celebrity-obsessed culture in which TV actors are often called to testify before Congress on subjects of concern to their fictional characters, this was powerful stuff.

It was okay for the anti-vaxxers to speak out when there was no outbreak---because everyone was vaccinated. But a couple of years later, we are seeing the effects of their stupid ignorance with this measles outbreak.

by Anonymousreply 8401/30/2015

Oprah. It fucking figures.

by Anonymousreply 8501/30/2015

Because I hate everything.

by Anonymousreply 8601/30/2015

R84 I saw that episode. Jenny sat on stage with a gaggle of anti vaccers and in the audience sat a paediatrician with her two autistic children. She clearly had been invited on the show to give her opinion but obviously was not important enough to sit on stage with the ignorant and uninformed. For 3/4 of the show the anti vaccine dim wits sat on stage and railed against logic and science with not a word allowed from the paediatrician who also happened to have autistic kids. When the paediatrician was finally allowed to speak she gave intelligent and informed answers and ultimately told everyone that there was no possible way vaccines had contributed to her kids autism. Instead of oprah asking follow up questions, Oprah instead allowed jenny and co to shout her down and angrily tell her that she was wrong. The implication was that it was typical of a no nothing doctor to endorse vaccines.

The treatment and disdain shown for the only person qualified to talk about vaccines and their relationship (or lack thereof) to autism was disgusting. Not to mention she was also a mother of autistic kids who was speaking from personal, not just clinical, experience. But nope she was seated with the plebs in the audience and the playboy bunny and her poorly educated posse sat on stage preaching.

by Anonymousreply 8701/30/2015

[quote]Oprah instead allowed jenny and co to shout her down and angrily tell her that she was wrong.

This is what used to happen on Larry King. A qualified, articulate doctor would be continually and loudly interrupted by know-it-all Jenny. And Larry didn't moderate but instead allowed Miss Fake Boobs and Miss Botox Face to dominate the proceedings. It made my blood boil.

And I can hear her high-pitched screeching voice in remembering those interviews.

by Anonymousreply 8801/30/2015

[quote]A lot of people agree with you, but they are automatically slammed as "anti-vaxx lunatics who are going to kill us all!!1!". Both extremes of the pro-con vaccination debate seem equally unhinged, for the most part.

Here we have a perfect example of the dumbing down of America and the stupidity that an endless diet of false equivalencies brings.

No, R72, the two sides of this issue are NOT equal, nor are they equally unhinged. Their points of view do NOT carry the same weight and are NOT equally valid. The "extremes" on both sides are not equally extreme - one side is completely wrong and the other side is absolutely right. It's just that simple.

Anti-vax lunatics actually ARE going to kill us all. Their views have no medical or scientific support. It's all "feeling" and "common sense" and "instinct" when it's actually just bad information and anti-scientific, paranoid hysteria. They don't have a side or a point or anything useful to contribute. If it were possible, I would charge them with reckless endangerment of the general public and child endangerment of their own children. At the very least, their children should be protected from them and vaccinated asap. t

by Anonymousreply 8901/30/2015

[quote]Anti-vax lunatics actually ARE going to kill us all.

Talk about hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 9001/30/2015

She's America's #1 bimbo. A total loser.

by Anonymousreply 9101/30/2015
by Anonymousreply 9201/30/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!