Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Batman: The Death of the Family

A very exciting multipart story--the first DC "event" crossover in years that is genuinely an event (the last one I cared about was "Identity Crisis" years ago). The Joker's new look is incredibly horrific.

Who do you think will end up dead by the end of it? Rumors are a member of the Batman family is going to be killed.

And what was the object the Joker showed the other villains that horrified them so much?

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013

The Joker's hideous new look:

(he had his old face skinned off, and now it's just held onto his underflesh with tape)

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2013

I'd like the Joker to be killed.

When I was a young adult I wrote a story called "Who Shot The Joker?"

I was peeved over Jason Todd being killed. (I liked the original one, not the snot-nosed Post-Crisis Jason.)

I didn't care much for Batgirl being shot and molested either.

So I wrote this story about the Joker getting shot. Sgt. Bullock grilled the suspects: Jim Gordon, Barbara, Alfred, among others.

Jim thinks Babs did it and vice/versa.

My favorite line was Alfred's when he says to Bullock: "Surely, you're not suggesting 'the Butler did it.'"

The shooter was going to be a woman I revealed as Jason's true birth mother who came to Gotham to avenge Jason's death.

Bats figures it out only he lets the mother go.

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2013

Here's a CNN article about it. it sounds sort of gruesome--like it's too inspired by the "Saw" movies and is trying to gross you out.

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2013

Maybe it will be Oracle.

by Anonymousreply 408/18/2013

Comic books killing off characters annoy me. It is a huge ploy for interest when you know it isn't going to stick. Inevitably the character will be brought back, they always are.

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!