Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Batman: The Death of the Family

A very exciting multipart story--the first DC "event" crossover in years that is genuinely an event (the last one I cared about was "Identity Crisis" years ago). The Joker's new look is incredibly horrific.

Who do you think will end up dead by the end of it? Rumors are a member of the Batman family is going to be killed.

And what was the object the Joker showed the other villains that horrified them so much?

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013

The Joker's hideous new look:

(he had his old face skinned off, and now it's just held onto his underflesh with tape)

by Anonymousreply 102/13/2013

I'd like the Joker to be killed.

When I was a young adult I wrote a story called "Who Shot The Joker?"

I was peeved over Jason Todd being killed. (I liked the original one, not the snot-nosed Post-Crisis Jason.)

I didn't care much for Batgirl being shot and molested either.

So I wrote this story about the Joker getting shot. Sgt. Bullock grilled the suspects: Jim Gordon, Barbara, Alfred, among others.

Jim thinks Babs did it and vice/versa.

My favorite line was Alfred's when he says to Bullock: "Surely, you're not suggesting 'the Butler did it.'"

The shooter was going to be a woman I revealed as Jason's true birth mother who came to Gotham to avenge Jason's death.

Bats figures it out only he lets the mother go.

by Anonymousreply 202/13/2013

Here's a CNN article about it. it sounds sort of gruesome--like it's too inspired by the "Saw" movies and is trying to gross you out.

by Anonymousreply 302/13/2013

Maybe it will be Oracle.

by Anonymousreply 408/18/2013

Comic books killing off characters annoy me. It is a huge ploy for interest when you know it isn't going to stick. Inevitably the character will be brought back, they always are.

by Anonymousreply 508/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.