Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I bet that's not Dorner's body in the burned cabin

Everyone who has ever read or watched any kind of thriller knows it's the body of someone else planted to put the cops temporarily off the scent, so he can pop again to attack the hero/heroine in the last five minutes of the film.

by Anonymousreply 6302/14/2013

Did DL discuss his manifesto? He mentions a lot of celebrities in it.

by Anonymousreply 102/12/2013

It's him. They'd never have let it burn if they weren't sure it was him inside. They were happy to let him burn.

by Anonymousreply 202/12/2013

All his celebrity worship confirmed to me the guy is a complete asshole.

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

R3 totally agree and just wrote that in another post. If he had idolized fucking Lenin he would have sounded smarter than doing shout-outs to Kelly Clarkson and Charlie Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

Thee man thought Chris Christie was great--he deserved to burn.

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

The cops just said that the fire is still too hot and no body has been found

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

Really, R6?

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

Yes, R7. LAPD press conference on CNN -- they say no one's been able to enter the building yet.

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

I just watched a live news briefing with the LAPD, r7

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

Is that a nice area? Was the property nice? It looked kind of big.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

Isn't that convenient? Body is all burned so no positive visual ID. Could be anybody in there.

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013

Two words...dental records.

by Anonymousreply 1202/12/2013

Next on CBS: "CSI:Big Bear"

by Anonymousreply 1402/12/2013

So they corner him in a cabin, set it on fire, and hope he either comes out so they can shoot him, or they let him burn. From the moment he ran into that cabin, he was done.

I also heard on one of the news tations that there was blood on the ground along the path he used to run to the cabin, so in all likelihood, the deputies he had the shoot out with wounded him.

He should have gone to a lawyer and turned himself in before he killed anyone else. He could have pleaded insanity.

by Anonymousreply 1502/12/2013

R13, there's nothing to be suspiscious about. He was lied on and wrongfully fired , but he was also a bad cop and he was unstable.

Once he issued his manifesto and declared war on the LAPD and their families he was a dead man. They were never going to arrest him. His attornies would have put LAPD on trial and that was never going to happen.

Dorner was wrong. OK? He was wrong. He killed innocent people. No excuses. But LAPD is no way clean here.

by Anonymousreply 1602/12/2013

[quote]Two words...dental records.

And possibly DNA.

by Anonymousreply 1702/12/2013

r16 If he was targeted by the LAPD then why didn't they do something sooner? They knew he was pissed at them for the past 3 years at least. This is what I don't get. Why is everyone saying, "Oh they had to take him down, he knew too much!" Too much of what? He has had years to talk and they have had years to silence him. I don't think it's as conspiracy-esque or as heroic as people make it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 1802/12/2013

Real life is not some trashy thriller flick.

by Anonymousreply 1902/12/2013

OMG!! He pulled the Maddie in Body Heat trick!!! He's sipping cocktails on some Caribbean beach with Kathleen Turner now!

by Anonymousreply 2002/12/2013

I didn't say "he knew too much." I said once he issued his manifesto declaring war on LAPD and their families, those were lethal threats. He was a dead man.

If he'd been brought to trial, his lawyer would have had several lines of argument to make, one was that he was an unstable person who had "snapped," and the other that the LAPD contributed to his state of mind by triggering his violent behavior.

He could have supoenaed all kinds of records from LAPD, and he could have gotten witnesses to testify about LAPD, and shined the light of scrutiny on their practices, and that would have been very bad for the LAPD.

I doubt Dorner knew any important secrets. So, no, the "He knew too much" line is not one I'd support, but I do think LAPD has a lot to hide and attention is the last thing they want.

by Anonymousreply 2102/12/2013

r21 Thanks, I was curious what people think he knows. Some people do think he has some kind of crazy secrets from the top but I think it's more along the lines of what you said.

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2013

News reports say there was no body found in the cabin.

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2013

The DNA will match, and everyone will be lulled into a sense of false security.

But it's actually the brother of his twin brother, Warner Dorner. Christopher lured him up there and killed him, and now he's lying in wait somewhere in Southern California.

by Anonymousreply 2402/13/2013

So whose body is really in there? Chi McBride's? He's got a show premiering soon on CBS.

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2013

There's dead and there's DEAD. Two completely different things.

by Anonymousreply 2602/13/2013

Exactly, r26.

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2013

I agree, Ken. You could say there's dead and then there's [italic]dead[/italic]-dead, you know what I'm sayin?

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2013

Ken Lay's right!

by Anonymousreply 2902/13/2013

We had Eric Roberts play us.

by Anonymousreply 3002/13/2013

[quote]Ken Lay's right!

LOVE his potato chips.

by Anonymousreply 3102/13/2013

For someone who claimed to be a master of asymmetric warfare, he sure made some major tactical mistakes. Who would be dumb enough to get stuck in the San Bernardino mountains with limited exit points?

by Anonymousreply 3202/13/2013

He should've made a run for the border.

by Anonymousreply 3302/13/2013

James Stenbeck did this on ATWT; he duped Nick the dopey cop from the Oakdale P.D. into getting identical dental work.

It was Nick's body that went up on flames.

When Barbara thought she was going to jail she sold her fashion company Simply Barbara to Lucinda Walsh, who reluctantly agreed to the deal.

Liz tried to get her to change her mind: "Darling, Simply Barbara simply wouldn't be Simply Barbara without Barbara."

by Anonymousreply 3402/13/2013

Everything on DL turns into a soap thread if it lasts long enough.

by Anonymousreply 3502/13/2013

He's fine! He sends his love!

by Anonymousreply 3602/13/2013

Hello, soapfreaks: not everyone on Datalounge watches your fucking soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 3702/13/2013

Pull your caftan out of your pussy, R37.

by Anonymousreply 3802/13/2013

What R16 said.

R18, everyone knows how crooked th LAPD is, they have done for decades. The only difference is people wrongly believe that this would have brought about some change do to the notoriety of the situation. It won't. The LAPD is above the law.

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2013

[quote]It's him. They'd never have let it burn if they weren't sure it was him inside. They were happy to let him burn.

Why risk firefighter's lives to save a guy who would probably shoot them while they tried to put out the fire.

by Anonymousreply 4002/13/2013

[quote]It's him. They'd never have let it burn if they weren't sure it was him inside. They were happy to let him burn.

They have magical powers and so can stop fire from burning when they're not 100% sure he or a compatriot is not still holed up in the building?

Who knew!

by Anonymousreply 4102/13/2013

Hmm..now they are saying that his fate is "unclear". This really is like a soap.

by Anonymousreply 4202/13/2013

R43, it also had to do with a lot of exploding ammo in the fire so that's why they kept firefighters and officers away to let it burn itself out.

by Anonymousreply 4302/13/2013

LA Times confirmed from PD a charred body has been found in the debris. He's dead.

by Anonymousreply 4402/13/2013

The sky was so smoky that day...

by Anonymousreply 4502/13/2013

[quote]They have magical powers and so can stop fire from burning when they're not 100% sure he or a compatriot is not still holed up in the building?

They set the cabin on fire as soon as they heard the deputy had died.

by Anonymousreply 4602/13/2013

Sounds like he was fucked over by the system.

by Anonymousreply 4702/13/2013

Damn. I was hoping for a more exciting ending than this.

by Anonymousreply 4802/13/2013

Yeah, he was fucked over by the system. Absolutely.

I've read about him, and concluded that he was unstable and shouldn't have been hired as a cop in the first place.

He was wrong to shoot and kill innocent people. A lot of people get fucked over by the system. They don't declare war on the world they inhabit and announce their intent to murder people.

He said in his manifesto that life meant nothing to him. So he'd already made a decision to kill himself. I wish he had done that instead of killing that poor young woman and her boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 5002/13/2013

[quote]The blacks are pissed

Not just the blacks. Even some white residents of Big Bear were seen after the chase was announced holding signs that said "Don't Kill Him."

by Anonymousreply 5102/13/2013

will there be riots?

by Anonymousreply 5202/13/2013

I didn't know that R51, but I'm glad they did that. What the cops did was barbaric. It was ugly. I said this on another thread. They don't have the luxury to surrender to vengeance. They are sworn to uphold the law. Period.

by Anonymousreply 5402/13/2013

Not only barbaric, r54, but expected. The public knows all about how cops operate.

by Anonymousreply 5502/13/2013

From the banter on the facebook page:

"lol (barely laughing cause im in mourning)."

by Anonymousreply 5602/13/2013

We don't give a flying f-@& !

by Anonymousreply 5702/14/2013

Officials have not made a decision on who, if anyone, will get a piece of more than $1 million in reward money offered for the capture and conviction of suspected killer Christopher Dorner.

Dorner, 33, is believed to have died in a Big Bear cabin fire after a standoff with police Tuesday afternoon.

He was tracked there after reportedly tying up two people in one cabin and carjacking a man minutes later. All three people reported seeing Dorner to police.

At a news conference Wednesday morning, LAPD officials pointed out that the reward was for Dorner’s capture and conviction, leading some to believe that it may not be given out since he’s believed to be dead.

Also Wednesday, it was revealed that Dorner told two people he was holding captive in their condo that he wanted to clear his name.

Jim Reynolds, 66, who has owned the condo with his wife for 12 years, quoted Dorner as saying: “I don’t have a problem with you. I just want to clear my name."

"He tried to calm us down, saying very frequently, he would not kill us,” Reynolds said. "He huddled down beside me and said, 'You're going to be quiet, right? Not make a fuss and let me get away?' "

"He told us 'I know you know who I am, I know you've been seeing the news,' " Karen Reynolds, 56, said.

The couple provided new details on some of Dorner's movements in the apparent final hours of his life before he is believed to have died in a fire after a mountainside gun battle with officers. Law enforcement authorities previously said the fugitive had held two cleaning women hostage. The Reynoldses, married for 36 years, spoke to reporters to end the confusion.

Dorner bound the couple's arms and legs tightly with plastic zip locks, stuffed small towels in their mouths so they couldn't scream and covered their heads with pillowcases, they said. He tied an extension cord around each of pillowcases to keep the gags in place.

by Anonymousreply 5802/14/2013

The reward specifically states for his arrest and conviction. This couple will be cheated out of the reward.

Both the right and left can agree on something here: he should have never been burned alive, or had his body burned to a crisp.

We are all left out of any further information on any terrorist groups he could have been associated with, and the potential danger our country is in.

by Anonymousreply 5902/14/2013

The reward thing isn't really surprising. Haven't those reward postings always had the caveat that the money was only payable on capture AND conviction? I'm sure they have lawyers write dickish loopholes in them so that they never have to be paid. I doubt the older couple called the cops because they wanted the reward anyhow. It sounds like they own 20 cabins up in Big Bear.

by Anonymousreply 6002/14/2013

He's probably in Mexico by now. Laughing all the way to the beach.

by Anonymousreply 6102/14/2013

No proof he wrote the manifesto. No proof he shot anyone. All the people he encountered, he just tied up. His wallet was "found" by the police 5 times in 5 different locations. The police are denying knowledge of how the fire started despite them being recorded ordering the plan for the cabin to be set on fire to be enacted. This whole thing is bullshit. All of those cops need to be imprisoned for murder and arson and the very least.

by Anonymousreply 6202/14/2013

Christopher Dorner's charred body is positively identified

February 14, 2013 | 3:55 pm

San Bernardino County sheriff’s officials have positively identified the charred remains found in a mountain cabin Tuesday as being the body of Christopher Dorner.

Officials said they made the identification using dental records during the autopsy.

The announcement brings a formal end to the epic manhunt for Dorner, who was accused of killing four people, including two law enforcement officers. He was killed at the end of a hours-long standoff in a cabin near Big Bear on Tuesday afternoon.

SWAT officers in the cabin standoff decided to use highly flammable "hot gas" canisters as a last resort after other efforts to persuade Dorner to surrender failed, according to law enforcement sources.

Officers made the decision to use the canisters, which caused the cabin to catch fire, as the sun was setting Tuesday and authorities worried about dealing with Dorner at night in the remote Big Bear area, said the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing. Dorner had continued to fire on officers, and they feared more deputies would be hurt or killed, they added.

Authorities had chased Dorner into the cabin on Seven Oaks Road on Tuesday afternoon amid a massive gun battle in which one San Bernardino County deputy was killed and another seriously wounded.

Law enforcement officers lobbed conventional tear gas into the cabin, but when Dorner failed to emerge they used CS gas canisters, a more intense weapon known to start fires, and sent in a demolition vehicle. Dorner is believe to have died inside, though it is unclear if the fire caused his death. San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said deputies did not purposely burn down the cabin. He said they deployed the CS canisters after they were left with no other options.

"I can tell you it was not on purpose," he said. "We did not intentionally burn down that cabin to get Mr. Dorner out."

McMahon praised the deputies involved in the standoff. "It was like a war zone, and our deputies continued to go in the area .... Our deputies are true heroes."

Dorner, an ex-LAPD officer embittered by his firing in 2009, killed the daughter of a retired LAPD captain, her fiance and two law officers during a nine-day rampage that began in Irvine, police say.

by Anonymousreply 6302/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.