Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How often do you eat fast food?

I'll usually have it 2-3 times during the week and another 2-3 times on the weekend. Always have breakfast at McDonalds on Saturday or Sunday morning.

by Anonymousreply 15809/06/2014

What a glamourous life you live, op.

by Anonymousreply 102/12/2013

@ 10-2-& 4 daily w/ a Dr. Pepper

by Anonymousreply 202/12/2013

It's been a good 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

Almost never.

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

Well, aren't you just "all that" r1.

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

Once during the week, and a second time if I go out on the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

An egg McMuffin about once a month. That's about it.

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

I hate to ask this, OP. But how FAT are you?

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

Rarely to never.

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

I get Taco Bell about twice a month. I am on a really tight budget, it's not that I am against fast food.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

I'll do the drive thru for an EggMcMuffin now and then. I like them if I know I have a long day ahead and no lunch scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013

Like chains? Never, really. But crappy Chinese take out or pizza at a deli, once or twice a month

by Anonymousreply 1302/12/2013

Yes R1 you SIMPLY MUST come to one of our baked potato bras

by Anonymousreply 1402/12/2013

Really? How sad for you, OP. McDonald's is horrifying garbage. Please treat yourself to something worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 1502/12/2013

Once a month, or maybe twice at most. I'd like to eat it more often, but I don't want my doctor to yell at me.

by Anonymousreply 1602/12/2013

Once every other month.

by Anonymousreply 1702/12/2013

OP, that's a lot of fast food. And McDonalds? That's kind of the worst. I don't eat it much, maybe once every few months.

It sure doesn't taste the same as it did 20 yrs ago.

by Anonymousreply 1802/12/2013

I never eat fast food. It's simply not healthy. I don't even eat fast food salads. Why? I could never believe that they would be clean? These people are making minimun wage.I doubt they spend alot of time caring. I know I wouldn't. Stay away from fast food. No reason not too. Tossing a salad together is just so easy. No reason not to do it.

by Anonymousreply 1902/12/2013

Rarely, but I have to try those new Filet o' Fish McBites from McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 2002/12/2013

Hey R11 --

Can you say "Egga Muffin?"

What about "wimpy, wamby, wahmby?"

by Anonymousreply 2102/12/2013

Not in over 10 years after a road trip stop at Burger King ended up causing explosive diarreah so bad I had to stop driving and check into a hotel.

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2013

What qualifies as "fast food". Is applebys fast food. Are salad bars? Is red robin? If I make a burger and fries at home is it better thah eating at Subway?

by Anonymousreply 2302/12/2013

Never ever.

That was easy.

by Anonymousreply 2402/12/2013

Hardly ever. There aren't any on my normal routes. I get prepared food from the deli at the grocery store though.

by Anonymousreply 2502/12/2013

I can't resist the February footlong specials at Subway.

by Anonymousreply 2602/12/2013

More often than the OP. Love it, so why not do it?

by Anonymousreply 2702/12/2013

You totally should do it, R28!

by Anonymousreply 2802/12/2013

Probably once every couple of months I'll buy an order of large fries at McDonalds with a side of mayo, feeling guilty about it before and not particularly great about it after. Seeing who works there is always a little startling and depressing (in terms of race, social inequality, etc) and reminds me of how the modern American economy functions.

by Anonymousreply 2902/12/2013

That's insane to me OP, I haven't eaten that much fastfood since I was in highschool.

I eat out fairly often, but there are tons of local businesses that make much better food for the same price as those fast food combos or barely more so much better food and my money stays local.

Do you really live in such a food desert that your best option is freakin McDonalds?

by Anonymousreply 3002/12/2013

Almost never. I just don't like it much.

by Anonymousreply 3102/12/2013

A couple of times of a month I get a serious craving for Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich (yum!!!)but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 3202/13/2013

Once every two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 3302/13/2013

A fast food breakfast sandwich twice a week. Either McD or Dunkin Donuts.

Take out pizza every Saturday afternoon with a volunteer high school program I work with.

Usually one weekday, I'll have a great burger and fries lunch at Five Guys.

by Anonymousreply 3402/13/2013

Watch the documentary Super Size Me.

by Anonymousreply 3502/13/2013

I can count on one hand the number of times in a year I eat fast food.

by Anonymousreply 3602/13/2013

I rarely get food from any of the typical chains. I don't necessarily object to it; it just doesn't appeal to me. If others want to eat at Wendy's, etc., it's their business.

The last time I ate food from a chain was three or fours months ago. We were at a mall and got burgers from 5 Guys (is that the name??). The burgers were good but the fries were greasy.

by Anonymousreply 3702/13/2013

And people still cannot tell. They think I'm healthy as a horse.

by Anonymousreply 3802/13/2013

[quote]Watch the documentary Super Size Me.

Yeah, watch the stupidest pseudo-documentary ever. Total piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2013

Not now here in England now that they have found horsemeat in ready-made meals, burgers and kebabs. Only chavs eat that kind of stuff here though.

Its a big newstory here with everyone acting shocked, but it must have been going on for some time: horse being labelled as beef. It must be a big criminal ring behind all this.

I did eat horse once years ago in France but did not know what it was until after, but it was sweeter than beef.

by Anonymousreply 4002/13/2013

A couple of times a year I have a craving for Kentucky Fried Chicken. I avoid most fast food joints, although I probably have In'n Out two or three times a year.

I'm not a food Nazi - I don't judge what people eat.

by Anonymousreply 4102/13/2013

[R42] You might try the Kentucky Fried Thoroughbred

by Anonymousreply 4202/13/2013

as a vegan, one of the reasons I couldn't eat meat anymore was because I couldn't see a difference in eating horse meat, beef, pork, and even chicken. People frown upon certain cultures for eating a specific species, but why is it okay to eat one, and not the other? I'm not tryin to tell people not to eat meat, but to see people get outraged over eating horses is confusing me.

They have no issue eating chicken, but an animal that could be a pet, HELL TO THE NO! Hey guess what, growing up, you know what my mom had as pets growin up on a farm in England, CHICKENS. She named them. One day her mom chopped one up and served it, bless her, and my mom was sad over her pet now being considered food. My mom and I have had many conversations about this kind of species favoritism, and it helped her to understand why I couldn't eat meat anymore, considering the pets I had (dogs, cats), and my volunteer experience (rescuing strays).

If the animal was born and bred for the purpose of human consumption, I don't see why the species of the animal should matter

by Anonymousreply 4302/13/2013

It doesn't matter, R44. People who get worked up over once species or another would get over it if they were truly starving. You'd get over it pretty quickly too, R44.

by Anonymousreply 4402/13/2013

On average, maybe a couple of times a month. Sometimes I might end up eating at several fast food chains within a week but then not eat at any for a month. Most of the fast food doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. If I really want a hamburger, I'd rather spend a little bit more money at Five Guys than McDonald's.

I do eat at the cafeteria at my job and I have probably been eating too many bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 4502/13/2013

I don't eat fast food like McDonalds, but have been known to whip up a quick pasta.

by Anonymousreply 4602/13/2013

[quote] If I really want a hamburger, I'd rather spend a little bit more money at Five Guys than McDonald's.

This I can get behind.

Yeah, we all know burgers are not the healthiest food - but Five Guys at least makes its burgers fresh and gets its meat from quality sources.

Of course, it's reflected in the price, too - $6 for a burger instead of $2.

$2 isn't much of a savings, though, when you think of all the chemicals, additives and preservatives that go into making that food....and all of the corners cut to make it that cheaply. That savings disappears when it makes you sick down the line.

by Anonymousreply 4702/13/2013

[R40]= Eats Mcdonalds breakfast,lunch & dinner

by Anonymousreply 4802/13/2013

I see all the "I'm too good to ever stoop to eating at McDonalds" nitwits are out in force on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 4902/13/2013

I love Taco Bell. Eat there a few times a year.

Not a snob about it, I just don't eat from the other fast fooders much at all

by Anonymousreply 5002/13/2013

[R44] Cows are stupid. Horses have served man for many years and deserve better. Chickens are stupid. I have not eaten meat in many years. As tasty as bacon is I refused to eat it because pigs are smarter than dogs.

by Anonymousreply 5102/13/2013

R52 not all pigs.

It seems that when they began to breed pigs to be lean they got smarter. A fat wild hog shows little in the way of smarts.

by Anonymousreply 5202/13/2013

you are what you eat

by Anonymousreply 5302/13/2013

Once or twice a year I'll get Popeye's when going to visit relatives who live 4 hours away. All fast food is shit, but Popeye's at least tastes beter than McDonald's, Burger Kind, etc. If I'm going to eat shit it might as well taste good.

I don't count pizza, because I don't eat at crappy chains. The pizzerias I go to make everything fresh and use quality ingrediants. I grab a slice about once a month, though I do make my own pizza at home 1-2 times a month.

by Anonymousreply 5402/13/2013

I'm not a vegan but agree with r44. It seems odd that people are outraged over horsemeat (though I don't think it should be served to people unknowingly) and outraged over people in China who eat dog. And trust me, I'm an animal lover with two rescues of my own and give lots of time and money to animal shelters. But if it's accepted culturally, what's the diffrence between killing a horse and killing a cow?

So many Americans turn their nose up at organ meat (or "offal" as it's called), which is a shame. We're one of the few countries that doesn't widely consume liver, tripe, etc. It's a shame, the way I see it, if you're going to eat meat you should at least eat the whole animal (and yes, I practice what I preach).

by Anonymousreply 5502/13/2013

sorry [R50] I am too good to eat Mcdonalds. I care about what I put in my body.

by Anonymousreply 5602/13/2013

I agree about the whole animal. I am a big fan of cow foot soup.

by Anonymousreply 5702/13/2013

As a teenager and early 20's I ate tons of it because I was always hungry and it was cheap. About five years ago I got tired of being chubby and decided to eat healthier. Now I cook at home most of my meals and snacks but I still love McDs fries, Sonic wraps, and when I want a milkshake I go to Sonic, instead of buying a carton of ice cream for the house. I'd say now maybe once a week, but it's normally for a treat like the fries or an ice cream. If I'm hungry and have to go to one I pick a bean/cheese burrito at Taco Bell.

by Anonymousreply 5802/13/2013

I used to eat fast food fairly frequently but I mostly stopped eating anything with meat when I realized just how gross it was. I'd bit into gristle in Big Macs and Jack in the Box burgers and cartilage in the chicken nuggets one too many times. I'm all for not wasting animal parts if they're being slaughtered, but I just couldn't do it anymore. I still stop by the occasional jalapeno poppers at Jack in the Box though.

by Anonymousreply 5902/13/2013

Hate to break it to you but all you "I'm all that and don't eat fast food" are going to die one day just like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 6002/13/2013

I just ate a pancake. And it's sitting there in my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 6102/13/2013

I got up really early to go Christmas shopping and for the first time ever, I got a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit from MacDonalds. It was fresh and hot and for $3 it was the best thing I'd ever had from any fast food store.

I've tried the grilled chicken wraps too usually get two of them. But I do all of it so rarely and I never eat beef so I never order what they describe as their "burgers."

I probably get fast food about 5-6 times a year, maybe less. I don't eat pizza or red meat. The chicken is full of hormones and antibiotics.

by Anonymousreply 6202/13/2013

Define "Fast Food." sometimes I will get a sub or a slice of pizza on my way home from work. McDonald's, BK, etc? Almost never.

by Anonymousreply 6402/13/2013

R61 sounds like a real brainiac. Quite the intellect and well-informed.

by Anonymousreply 6502/13/2013

About ten times a year, when I'm out of town, I may stop for an order of fries or onion rings. I live in a town that has no fast food places so I would have to travel if I actually wanted fast food.

by Anonymousreply 6602/13/2013

I eat at Chipotle once per week, usually on a Friday night when I'm too tired for anything better.

by Anonymousreply 6702/13/2013

I eat shit

by Anonymousreply 6802/13/2013

Maybe twice a month. I don't have anything against the "healthiness" of fast food, it's just that a lot of it tastes like shit now. It's not as good as it used to be 20 years ago.

I agree with others that the breakfast stuff is usually the most decent stuff they have now.

by Anonymousreply 6902/13/2013

When I was drinking a lot, I ate McDonald's the day after. . .and that was most days. Now I've quit pouring shit into my body at night, I don't crave eating shit during the day. So I cook.

I shouldn't get too righteous though, because I still drink diet coke. That stuff is the devil's brew: DC I just can't quit you.

by Anonymousreply 7002/13/2013

Unfortunately, several times a week if you include take out places like Boston Market and the local supermarket meals. If you mean places like Mcdonalds or Wendys then that's about once a week.

It's a bad habit but I hate cooking sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 7102/13/2013

thrice per day

by Anonymousreply 7206/15/2013

by Anonymousreply 7306/15/2013

Last night, some friends made fun of me because I suggested we stop by Wendy's instead of a diner after hitting the bars. The diner food was nastier than anything I've had at Wendy's, more expensive and we had to tip.

by Anonymousreply 7406/15/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 7506/15/2013

Once in a while I will get something from Tropical Smoothie. Other than that, almost never. Surprisingly, there are very few fast food joints near where I work or live.

by Anonymousreply 7606/15/2013

I eat it about 6-7 times a week.

by Anonymousreply 7708/07/2013

It's been years.

by Anonymousreply 7808/08/2013

I do my best to avoid fast food and chain restaurants.

It can get difficult when traveling in some areas. I do a fair amount of road trips and I'm finding it more difficult to find anything that isn't fast food or a chain in some smaller towns these days.

If I have no choice, I'll do my best to avoid the burger and chicken places and will gravitate toward pizza places and sandwich shops.

by Anonymousreply 7908/08/2013

Last summer I was strangely addicted to McDonald's Sweet tea.

Now I find it to be like drinking pure sugar water.

by Anonymousreply 8008/08/2013

thrice per day

by Anonymousreply 8101/14/2014

by Anonymousreply 8201/14/2014

Never, McDonalds and Co. tastes like shit.

by Anonymousreply 8301/14/2014

2 or 3 times a year.

by Anonymousreply 8401/14/2014

Probably at least 3 or 4 times a month, usually in waves though. So like 4 times in a week and then nothing for the rest of the month.

by Anonymousreply 8501/14/2014

I eat at places like McDonald's less than 5 times a year. I do eat out about every month to 6 weeks at some place. A fish fry might not be fast food but just as bad so, overall, fast food for me is about once a month.

by Anonymousreply 8601/14/2014

Will someone please slap me the next time I consider going out for fast food? I just got back from McDonalds getting ready to eat my Egg McMuffins only to find two nasty bacon, egg, & cheese sandwiches on a hard ass muffin instead. Can't these dumb kids who take your order get anything right? This is the second time in a week this has happened, only last week it was at Burger King they got my order wrong and I had to go back and have them give me the correct thing.

Thanks for listening to me bitch - I'm just sick of people not being able to do anything right even when you're paying them. I think I'm going to take a LONG break from fast food after this BS>

by Anonymousreply 8709/06/2014

I have eaten at McDonald's twice in my life. I'm 40.

by Anonymousreply 8809/06/2014

R88 You're not missing much.

by Anonymousreply 8909/06/2014

You start threads fat, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9009/06/2014

Usually alternate between Burger King, Taco Bell or Moe's for dinner every night.

by Anonymousreply 9109/06/2014

Not often. Fast food in Norway is actually pretty expensive, in addition to being unhealthy. The Big Mac in Norway is the most expensive Big Mac in the world.

by Anonymousreply 9209/06/2014

WTF OP, you have serious issues. It's been three months since the last time I ate fast food.

by Anonymousreply 9309/06/2014

I eat at Boston Market, which has healthy options

by Anonymousreply 9409/06/2014

Less and less as I hear what's actually in it. If I want a decent burger or such I'll go a non-chain burger place or make it myself.

by Anonymousreply 9509/06/2014

I haven't eaten fast food in more than 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 9609/06/2014

A few times a week. I love it, and I find food snobs to be the most tiresome people.

by Anonymousreply 9709/06/2014

Does Panera count as fast food? If so, im in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 9809/06/2014

Not wanting to eat junk doesn't make one a snob, r97.

by Anonymousreply 9909/06/2014

r98 I would say it does though it's obviously (marginally) better than your standard burger/fries offerings at McD, BK, and co.

The benefits of Panera are that they're everywhere, you know what you're getting, there's some relatively healthy shit you can get, and it's cheap. It's a standard quick breakfast place better than Dunkin/Starbucks--decent coffee, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, etc.

Though I'd still rather go to a local place if possible. I'm pretty sure their shit's declined in the last 5 or so years as they've expanded so rapidly. Their stock price has increased 5x in that time period.

by Anonymousreply 10009/06/2014

Christ, OP. How sad is your life? You eat fast food 6 times a week and "Always have breakfast at McDonalds on Saturday or Sunday morning"? And I say this as someone who enjoys fast food on occaision. I'm not even going to get into the health risks--why wouldn't you want to just eat something else once in a while? Fast food has it's place but there are a million other breakfast options that require very little effort or money.

Fast food 6x a week and "always" on weekends. It's really unbelievable some of the stuff you read here. Sad, narrow, ignorant little lives.

by Anonymousreply 10109/06/2014

i've had a donkey stew with polenta in Italy, it's a delicatessen from the northern area: it was very good. Horse meat is delicious and very good for your health. I would never eat a dog, tho.

by Anonymousreply 10309/06/2014

Once in awhile it tastes good but it just makes me feel shitty after I eat it, and I don't mean guilty just physically shitty.

by Anonymousreply 10409/06/2014

No it does not "rock" r102. You sound childish. Feed your body real food with real ingredients

by Anonymousreply 10509/06/2014

McD's fries are a guilty pleasure of mine. I also like Whataburger fries. BK and Wendy's fries suck.

by Anonymousreply 10609/06/2014

I eat fast food on average every single day, sometimes twice a day. Well, the twice a days average out the few days I don't eat fast food (and eat out at some sit-down restaurant). I never eat food at home. Every single meal I eat is eat-out.

And no, I'm not fat.

by Anonymousreply 10709/06/2014

When traveling and lacking a kitchen, breakfast and coffee.

Other than that, maybe six times a year at home.

by Anonymousreply 10809/06/2014

Real fast food?

About once or twice a year, if that.

I live in NYC, there are always better options.

by Anonymousreply 11009/06/2014

[quote]Yeah, watch the stupidest pseudo-documentary ever. Total piece of shit.

Watch [italic]Fat Head[/italic], the response to that. A guy loses 12 pounds in a month by eating the lowest carb McDonald's options that exist and actually starting to exert energy by walking to places.

by Anonymousreply 11109/06/2014

About six times a year.

by Anonymousreply 11209/06/2014

R109 is a moron... and is wrong on all counts, which isn't surprising given the way they try to pass themselves off as someone else.

by Anonymousreply 11309/06/2014

Never unless I'm visiting a city that has a Whataburger.

by Anonymousreply 11409/06/2014

Wish all of the fast food shills could be banned from posting.

by Anonymousreply 11509/06/2014

I wish the morons who think anyone who likes something they don't is a "shill" could be banned from posting.

Assholes, all of them. Self-absorbed, arrogant, idiotic, presumptuous, judgmental assholes.

by Anonymousreply 11609/06/2014

The new IHOP scrambles are actually pretty good.....

3 times I've gotten the scramble with roasted red peppers, spinach, and parmesan cheese shavings.....

tomatoes on the side, hold the sprinkle of basil(simply not necessary).

Comes with hashbrowns and 2 pancakes, toast, or tortillas.

My schedule is so crazy right now that I just have yogurt in my fridge.

by Anonymousreply 11709/06/2014

I eat at Qdoba maybe 3 or 4 times a year (it's next to my gym.) I eat a whole foods diet most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 11809/06/2014

[quote]Always have breakfast at McDonalds on Saturday or Sunday morning.

It is one thing to get in a rut; it is quite another to engage in behavior that announces to the world you have no taste or further interest in living.

by Anonymousreply 11909/06/2014

Try the new Taco Bell breakfasts... I used to like McDonald's breakfasts, but Taco Bell's is so much better. The Bacon AM Crunchwrap is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 12009/06/2014

R101, there is a recent study from Wales that indicates that junk food causes cravings/desire for more junk food.

I love the special sauce in Big Macs. I think they are addictive, However, I always feel lousy when I've eaten junk food. If the posters here who eat junk food daily gave up all junk food for a month, and ate salads, fruit, legumes, nuts, and high quality protein, they would notice a change in their energy levels within a month.

by Anonymousreply 12109/06/2014

[quote]I love the special sauce in Big Macs.

To me, "special sauce" -- that is, mayo, ketchup and sweet pickles -- epitomizes all that is white trashy about American cuisine from the middle of the last century.

by Anonymousreply 12209/06/2014

"Special Sauce" is little more than Thousand Island Dressing.

by Anonymousreply 12309/06/2014

Hardly ever. I am too old for it, makes me fat and full in a wrong way. I prefer fish. But I like hamburgers, so once or twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 12409/06/2014

"Special" is to sauces what "special" is children.

by Anonymousreply 12509/06/2014

I'm like R79, I avoid fast food and the chain restaurants as much as I can. I do a fair amount of road tripping and am finding it harder to avoid the fast food/fast casual places especially in smaller towns. A lot of smaller towns lose their mom & pop places when something like Chilis comes to town.

There are places I won't set foot in like McDonalds or Burger King. I don't have any issues with places like Chipolte. If given the choice, I'll choose the smaller chains over the larger chains. I'm not a fan of the fast casual concept like Olive Garden, Panera, Chilis and Applebees. The food at those places is way too expensive for what it is--over processed, over salted, reheated mush.

If I'm going to eat crap, I'd rather eat the cheap crap than waste money on it

by Anonymousreply 12609/06/2014

r126, I started taking food with me when I travel outside of larger cities. Or, I stop at grocery stores and find things to eat instead of eating crappy restaurant food.

by Anonymousreply 12709/06/2014

Once a year, maybe, I go to Wendy's. Fast food is awful, and quite frankly, I'm surprised that so many people consume that shit on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 12809/06/2014

I've been to McDonald's about once a week all summer for soft ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 12909/06/2014

[quote] I'll stop by Chick-Fil-A today just to piss you off.

by Anonymousreply 13109/06/2014

Actually, R123, the Special Sauce is semen. Animal semen.

by Anonymousreply 13209/06/2014

R107/r113, as well as handsome you must be really rich to afford to eat out at least once a day.

by Anonymousreply 13309/06/2014

Once every three months. It's toxic. The main thing responsible for the obesity and diabetus epidemic!

Learn to cook your own food to get healthy and save money.

Buy fresh fish, fresh vegetables and Quinoa and eat that.

Save your life. Don't feed the bums who are cheating those poor fast-food workers with $7.25 per hour slave labor.

by Anonymousreply 13409/06/2014

R134 What do you suggest people do for lunch if they're on a budget and can't bring their own lunch due to there being no refrigerators at their workplace?

by Anonymousreply 13509/06/2014

Almost never. My pot roast, fried chicken and pork roasts are to die for. Then the homemade mash potatoes and gravy. Fast food are for people with no time or those that want to die sooner.

by Anonymousreply 13609/06/2014

R135, guess what, you can leave home-prepared food out of the fridge for some hours! Home-made sandwiches, for example, don't really need to be in the fridge. Nor does fruit (you know what that is?). Even the leftovers of last night's home-cooked meal can be put into tupperware and don't need to go in the fridge between when you leave the house and lunchtime.

For people who are on a budget, that's the best way to eat cheaply, tastily and healthily.

by Anonymousreply 13709/06/2014

I just realized that it has been years. I live in a neighborhood that never allowed chains of any kind in. I think it was to protect local merchants. Very clannish section of the city.

by Anonymousreply 13809/06/2014

I eat a foot-long veggie sub from Subway about once a week.

Once a month I have a milkshake. Then once every 3-4 months I'll get a burger and fries and that's all.

by Anonymousreply 13909/06/2014

[quote]I wish the morons who think anyone who likes something they don't is a "shill" could be banned from posting.

I agree. It's not just the "shill" accusations, it's the idiots who think celebs are posting all through these threads.

Some moron in a Rosie Perez thread apparently doesn't like her so he's sure that she's posting nice things about herself.

by Anonymousreply 14009/06/2014

I just can't believe how many people eat this horrifyingly bad shit.

It's not about being snobby or hipsterish, but fast food is made in the most horrifying ways with shitty, awful ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 14109/06/2014

I would bet that at least half of the queens on this thread talking about healthy eating are posting while sucking on the glass pipe.

by Anonymousreply 14209/06/2014

You need to double your fast food intake OP!

by Anonymousreply 14309/06/2014

A "nice" dinner in a fancy sit-down restaurant can awful have double, triple, or more calories and fat than a fast food meal.

And the grilled chicken wrap at McDonald's isn't horrible. And tastes pretty fresh too.

Some of you really have no idea what you're talking about. You assume 'fast food' equals triple bacon frankenburger. Sorry, but not necessarily.

by Anonymousreply 14409/06/2014

No refrigerator? No problem: bring fresh FRUIT and protein bars to keep in your desk!

See mini fridges on Amazon! Just big enough for your sandwich or Stouffers Mac 'N Cheese hot lunch.

by Anonymousreply 14509/06/2014

MUST SEE! Buy this desktop mini-fridge to keep your lunch in at work! It holds 6 cans, very small, yet will hold your lunch just fine, and it's only $56!

Compact size is portable and ideal for travel

Uses standard AC adapter or 12v vehicle power plug adapter

Perfect for the office or college dorms

Holds six 12oz cans

Dimensions 10" x 7 3/4" x 11 3/4"

by Anonymousreply 14609/06/2014

Healthy food people are even worse than dog people.

by Anonymousreply 14709/06/2014

Maybe one every two years. Besides for health reasons it pisses me off that most of the fast food places now charge for a packet more of extra ketchup or mayo or who knows what else by now, maybe the freakin' paper wrapper the crap comes in.

I do frequent a real diner occasionally, maybe a couple times a year. Mostly for health and financial reasons I make everything from scratch.

by Anonymousreply 14809/06/2014

My sister freezes water bottles and juice boxes to keep her kid' lunches refrigerated

by Anonymousreply 14909/06/2014

Soda is even worse for you than fast food.

And bottled water is bad for the environment (and if the water ever heats up in those bottles, bad chemicals leach out into the water... don't leave them in the sun or in a hot car!)

by Anonymousreply 15009/06/2014

R87: NO offense, but you have to check; don't leave the physical McD's OR the drivethrough (I realize the latter is hard to do) without opening the damn wrapper and making sure you have the right thing; also, opening the bag and making sure EVERYTHING is in it. I learned this lesson 20+ years ago when visiting my brother, SIL and 3 nieces; we got BK drivethrough; when we returned, my burger was missing. I didn't throw a fit, AND my SIL called (was down the road from them; they apologized), but of course my family couldn't be bothered going back (I didn't blame them.)

Of course, is hard to do when you're with a group, but I think next time you go - it's okay to go once in a while; good grief! I would suggest checking: yes, the help is far too young, dumb, etc. to care. Unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 15109/06/2014

Only if I have a layover in an airport in a foreign country. Almost never.

by Anonymousreply 15209/06/2014

^^I was in Philadelphia last month and tried that Chik-Fil-A for the first (and last) time. I can't believe people would choose a bag of that greasy shit over their friends or supporting human rights. Honestly, Americans have no taste in they're mouths left after all the grease, salt and corn syrup they consume.

by Anonymousreply 15309/06/2014

Maybe once or twice a year. It's very rare and only when I'm short on time at work and have forgotten to bring lunch.

by Anonymousreply 15409/06/2014

It depends on how stuffed up my shifts get and how much overtime I'm doing. In a small team it only takes a couple of co-workers getting sick and you're doing double shifts or finishing a 11.30pm to come back on at 7.30am. I find I'm eating fast food twice a week and ordering take-out for another meal. It's not good but what else can I do? Hell sometimes I pull into MacDonalds just to get a cappucino so I don't fall asleep at the wheel on the drive home.

I took four months off last year to study and my one fast food meal in that time tasted like crap.

by Anonymousreply 15509/06/2014

"Mickey D's!" (Macdonald's), the PERFECT hangover food!

(I get a strawberry milkshake, double cheeseburger, with extra pickles, and an extra large order of fries. I also hit up Taco Time for its deep fried beef burritos, Mexi-fries and hot sauce!)

by Anonymousreply 15609/06/2014

[quote]How often do you eat fa(s)t food?

There. Fixed it.

by Anonymousreply 15709/06/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!