Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Alec Baldwin - he thought he would die alone in his apt and often layed in bed saying 'I will die alone!'

How is this possible? Millions upon millions of women would love to go out with him, have sex with him, have him as an intimate friend and lover, and marry him.

He told Morgan that before he met Hilaria, he feared he would die alone.

"I did lay in my bed and say, 'This is it. I'm gonna be alone for the rest of my life. I'm gonna die alone in this apartment in this bed,'" he recalled.

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2013

[quote] layed in bed

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 102/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 202/12/2013

Try again. The past tense of "lie" is LAY. LAID is the past tense of "lay." Unless Mr. Baldwin was producing eggs, LAY is the appropriate word.

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

He's still going to die alone.

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

I never pegged him as being such a drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

I for one am certainly not going to be at his deathbed to hold his hand.

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

Sounds like something you'd say to yourself as you lay there, fucked up, as the sun rose. And your heart beat.

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

More to the point, I'm astounded that he thought he would be alone the rest of his life.

He has the opportunity to meet 100's of women as he participates in multiple dozens of civic organizations and special events.

His life consists of a very long list of nights out attending all kind of charitable, philanthropic, and special events and being invited everywhere in NYC and probably LA too.

Even if he had not met someone in the 8 years since his divorce that he strongly clicked with, the potential for him to find someone was and is endless.

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

The man is a remorseless attention whore and will say anything to get press. Did he ever write that book about parenting he said he was writing when he called his daughter a pig?

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

I heard him say he was writing a book about divorce and tips to carry out a divorce - not a book about parenting.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

Geez - I remember Janeane Garafolo saying how fucking perfect he was - funny, handsome, charming, helpful, etc.

Why would he need to be alone?

And I'm sorry, but Hilaria? Really? That's a name?

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013

Attention whore really does sum it up.

Drama queen attention whore. "I will die alone!" Or did he say, "I vill die alone" for a Garbo-esque touch?

by Anonymousreply 1202/12/2013

To dear Alec I must say...

by Anonymousreply 1302/12/2013

His new wife smartly got knocked up, I bet in a few years he will be in a bitter divorce with her.

by Anonymousreply 1402/12/2013

He's hardly the picture of mental stability.

by Anonymousreply 1502/12/2013

It must be a celebrity thing. Not knowing who really likes you for you and who wants to use you for personal gain. See also jodie foster's speech where she says she doesn't want to be lonely.

by Anonymousreply 1602/12/2013

He said all of that stuff about dying alone in fun, was joking when he said it in an interview with Piers Morgan on CNN. Yep, he chatted with Piers at length and he was kidding that he had no one before his present wife came alone. There was more to it, all about the magazines and books he'd read, the food he'd eat, etc. in his monastic life. Every word was tongue in cheek.

by Anonymousreply 1702/12/2013

Wasn't there some demented drama queen attention whore crybaby rant from Sean Penn the other week? Reminds me of that.

by Anonymousreply 1802/12/2013

R8 I'm sure he did meet plenty of women in the last 8 years that were perfectly nice and attractive, but I'm sure Mr. Egomaniac wanted to hold out for some hot young 20-something, which is what he ended up doing.

And this fear of dying alone is stupid - what makes him so sure this marriage will even last?

by Anonymousreply 1902/12/2013

R19, I don't find his wife, Hilaria, hot at all.

I think she is rather homely.

But even if you find her passably attractive, she is not hot at all.

by Anonymousreply 2002/12/2013

Alec made it clear a couple of years ago that he wanted more children.

In order to have more children, he needed a wife in her 20's or early 30's at the most.

by Anonymousreply 2102/12/2013

I'd happily "layed" him in bed right now!

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2013

Well, even if he did say it tongue in cheek, there is always that old cliche about the rich and beautiful sitting home alone because everyone else THINKS they have something fabulous going on all the time. Or a date. Or some glamorous gala to attend. And even if they do, it's all handshaking and bullshitting and photo ops. Fakey fake. FUN, usually, but sometimes tiresome and NOT a place to meet anyone, really, ever. You don't have time to connect. You wonder what angle the person has. Or if it is simply someone star struck. Rita Hayworth famously said that her husbands "married Gilda and woke up with me." I can imagine that Alec Baldwin was immune to that problem. He may be "Alec Baldwin" but he still has to wipe his ass and brush his teeth.

I recall reading somewhere that some of his dates did not want to pursue a relationship with him. Don't know where I read it (maybe some old thread here on DL) but they said things like "He just whined about his ex-wife the whole time. He was a bore. He was messed in the head." TYPICAL middle aged divorced guy. His fame doesn't change anything about him except that he is, you know, famous.

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2013

R20 Compared to Alec, she's hot.

by Anonymousreply 2402/13/2013

R24, Alec is handsome, interesting, witty.

Hilaria is not hot at all.

Alec is definitely the hot one.

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2013

He's smart, good-looking, hot-tempered. What's not to like?

by Anonymousreply 2602/13/2013

Alec Baldwin is involved in a million different things.

A couple of days ago he popped up as host of the major athlete awards show which was televised.

He's involved in Lincoln Center and NY Symphonic Orchestra and theater in NYC and the Hamptons.

He attends a ton of charity and philanthropic events, and sits on the board of directors of a wide range of entities.

Many of his activities make it to the press, so one can see he has wide and diverse involvement.

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2013

R23, Alec is more urbane, erudite, witty, educated, interesting, and good looking than probably 90 percent of middle-aged divorced guys.

You are ridiculous, R23.

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!