Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

By request...Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden now living in poverty...4 years short of pension

[quote]Hate to butt in, but can a paid subscriber please start a thread on the Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden and is now living in poverty? I have a subscription but my browser isn't allowing me to log in and I'm at a loss at what to do. Thanks. Huffingtonpost link to the story is provided.

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

Aren't they supposed to keep their mouths shut about operations?

by Anonymousreply 102/12/2013

[bold] MSM serves up big, steaming pile of BS about former Navy SEAL who shot Osama bin Laden [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 202/12/2013

He will get a service-connected disability pension, but will have to wait for it.

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

I read this article and while I feel for the guy, I don't understand why he didn't stay in for 4 more years and retire with a full pension. Plus, given the security level this guy must have AND experience in a hostile environment, I find it hard to believe he can't get a job with a private contractor as an analyst - though I can certainly see why he wouldn't want to be a private gun.

Some of the decision making of these military/ex-military types seems to be a bit questionable...

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed but it's just wrong that he's broke after what he did for us. If the guy put up a web page soliciting donations he'd be all set in no time.

I've never been so thrilled at the news that a human being was shot in the head as I was the day that we killed bin Laden. I'd give this guy a hefty donation - no problem.

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

We already have a thread on this.

The guy is kind of a liar. He can go to any Veterans Hospital in the country and get medical treatment. My Uncle who was in the military for 4 yr (1980 - 1984) got a free kidney transplant at Vanderbilt Hospital. All paid for by the military. he gets free prescriptions too. The Veterans Administration has a mail order program for prescription drugs. they mail him organ rejection drugs that cost hudnreds of dollars a month. They gave my other uncle who is retired from a good civilian job with excellent retireee medical insurance and medicare (and was only in the military 8 yrs) free hearing aids and glasses. The VA helps any veteran regardless of of money, or any insurance they may have or length of service in the military. John McCain - with all his wife's money and the FABULOUS health plan paid for by taxpayers can go to a VA hospital and get medical treatment

But this guy is saying he wasn't aware of Veterans Hospitals. He must be as dumb as a damn rock. Average people who don't know anyone who was in the military know about Veterans hospitals. The VA also helps with housing and jobs. They have dental too

When someone retires from the military they also have to attend a class where all of theses benefits and programs are explained to them. Did he not pay any attention? I don't believe a word out of this guy's mouth. That or he has some brain damage. Does he not have access to the internet? He'd be amazed at what shows up when you google, "retired veteran, medical care". I guess he's never heard the saying, "Google is your friend"

He's also up for disability payments from the military, but the military has a big backlog of disability claims because so many vets are coming home from the war without limbs or with massive brain injuries and all their claims have to be accessed. This is no secret. Everyone in the military is FULLY aware of the backlog. The media reports about this all the time. Anyone who has been in the military and has a health condition that worsened or was injured during their military service can get lifetime disability payments. A friend joined the military and had migraines. She told the military they worsened during her 4 yrs of service and she receives lifetime disabilty payments. It's not full disability, but no other job does in the country does this and they certainly don't do it for someone with an extremely mild "disabilty" who only worked for 4 yrs. But it takes time for the disability to be accessed. It ALWAYS has. Even before the two wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

This guy just wants to be moved to the front of the line and be helped and have cash thrown at him immediately. And he's selling his story everywhere and giving interviews. He ought to use some of that money. But he wants to keep that. He was a damn fool to retire early. Everyone (especially in the military) knows you have to stay in the military for 20 yrs in order to retire with full benefits (full pension, and Tricare health insurance). He quit after 16 yrs of service.

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

There is no one more informed about what's due them than military wives. He must be single.

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!