Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Senate Overwhelmingly Passes Violence Against Women Act

Marco Rubio (R- Fla.) voted against the bill.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

I love how Repugs were against this because of men.

by Anonymousreply 102/12/2013

Marco would've voted for if they'd attached a rider providing a tax deduction for Rogaine.

by Anonymousreply 202/12/2013

22 Republicans voted against the bill.

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

Well, I couldn't vote for the bill because I'm giving the Repug response speech tonight. Oh, and anything that Obama is for, I have to be against.

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

Yes, 22 conservative men voted against it. So much for GOP "rebranding", this will go over REAL well...

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

Oh shit. Does this mean the DL is being shut down?

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

You never know what kind of bullshit was attached. It happens all the time. Senators take a good bill and throw a lot of pork on it. We need te line item veto back that Clinton signed into law

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

R7, what are you talking about? We know exactly what's in the bill. It's been kicking around town for months and argued over incessantly. It's also a re-tread and we know what was in it the last time too. VAWA's not pork-laden.

Stop typing out of your ass.

As for Marco Rubio, we'll see him after the SotU tonight. I doubt he'll be any more compelling than he was at the RNC. He thinks he's ready but he's not and the same goes for his presidential ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

Rubio is a greasy turd ball.

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

I love that he did this. I hope rubio keeps it up. This is only helping the next Democrat who runs for President or any other office.

Don't any republicans realize why they lost the last election? They really must only watch faux news because they honestly don't get the fact how bad they come off and how offensive they are and how offensive voters find them.

The repugs almost make me want to donate money to them so they can spread their hatred of women. It just means more Democratic votes. It's almost like a license to buy Democratic votes. Big time Democratic donors should fund some stooge/ or an actor to campaign as a republican candidate who makes super and I super offensive statements about everyone (women,children, Mexicans, Blacks) . Someone modeled on that "legitimate rape" guy. The media would eat it up and the bad publicity would sink the repugs. A donor could donate $15 million dollars to Democratic candidates and never get these kind of positive results for Democrats than the repugs did with their rape comments. Each hateful repug rape comment was guaranteed gold for the Dems. It was like a guaranteed one million Democratic votes for each rape comment

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!