Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are there any coastal towns in Spain and Portugal that haven't been taken over by European tourists yet?

Specifically rowdy Brit chavs?

by Anonymousreply 1402/12/2013

Mojacar on the Costa del Sol.

by Anonymousreply 102/12/2013

I don't know much about Spain, Portugal, or the British economy, but how do rowdy chavs afford vacations there?

by Anonymousreply 202/12/2013

Discount airlines began offering cheap airfares and beach side hotels to Brits starting in the late 60s.

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

It's cheap R2 and from what I've learned many hotels/resorts offer special rates for booze vacations.

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

Better Europeans than Mexicans. I wish they'd come over here and "take over" Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

I'd rather have Mexicans than chavs any day. Better loud mariachi music than drunken louts fighting, pissing and puking everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

r5, that a terrible thing to say. Nobody wants the poor until "they" are feeling horny. Now, Brits won't put up with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

R2 it's clear there is much you don't know. This may come as a shock, but working class people can afford vacations. I know, it's shocking to think the people who serve you food, fix your car, cut your hair or press your clothes may sit next to on a beach someplace. If you find that upsetting, then it really must suck to be you.

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

I never said I didn't think they could afford vacations, but I have no idea how much it costs to go to a resort in Spain. Pretty much anyone can afford a vacation, but not everyone can afford a round-the-world cruise or a trip to the Galapagos or Antarctica.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

Which just goes to what I pointed out. If you don't know how much it costs, how can you be mystified about how can one afford it?

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013

That's why I asked the question. I specifically said that I didn't know about the British economy or the cost of travel in Europe. Geez, give it a rest!

by Anonymousreply 1202/12/2013

Here's a hint: working people have jobs. Jobs earn them money. They spend the money on a vacation. It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 1302/12/2013

Nazaré, Portugal - steeped in history, quaint fishing fleet, wonderful scenery, great surfing. It's my favorite city on Portugal's Atlantic coast.

by Anonymousreply 1402/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!