Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nate Berkus Reveals On 'Super Soul Sunday,' That He Was ‘Relieved' When His Show Was Canceled

Nate, if it's any consolation, we were relieved too. Your show was like watching paint dry.

Nate and Oprah video:

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2013

Was this an "exclusive?" Nate told a talk show host the same story a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 102/12/2013

No one cared the FIRST TIME HE SAID IT and no one cares now.

by Anonymousreply 202/12/2013

He must be just as dull in bed. Pretty to look at, but no oomph.

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

I have limited telvision and I was also relieved when his show was cancelled. Shallow, repetitive and pointless. Stack books, frame things blah blah blah. In my market the show was replaced by Ricki Lake. OMG, bring back Nate. Now that Ricki has been cancelled waiting to see which lousy show will replace her. Bring back Martha Stewart's syndicated show please.

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

Oprah was pissed that Nate wouldn't do the show at her Chicago studio. Harpo company had to rent Studio 41 at CBS on 57th Street for two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

The NY rental made the costs to high for this dull as dirt bit of shit.

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

Can't watch Nate. He has that Valley Girl sing-song speech pattern.

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

r4, maybe you'll get Queen Latifah.

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

He's not a terribly imaginative decorator. Everything he does has been done before; many times and better. He seems like a nice enough buy but is probably better suited to designing for West Elm or Pottery Barn.

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

He puts too much stuff in his rooms. And a lot of what he does is kind of junky. He's like the gay Evan Farmer.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

Miss Nate is from Chicago! She got too big for her tight britches, and wouldn't do the show from Harpo Studios. Hey it was good enough for Oprah, it should be good enough for Nate. Oprah had no problem getting the guests she wanted into Chicago. Plus Nate's show was like watching paint dry. The frous all going crazy about this little queen got to be too much!

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013

[quote] Nate Berkus Reveals That He Was ‘Relieved' When His Show Was Canceled

So were we.

by Anonymousreply 1202/12/2013

His look hasn't evolved. It's the same 'found', 'upcycled', and 'quirky' shit every 20 something posts on Apartment Therapy.

Plus, he has that 'I've just done a line of blow or smell something really foul' look on his face all the time.

In his defense, he's done wonders with his hair. As a fellow sufferer of bad wavy hair, I don't have the patience to let it grow out to a manageable length.

by Anonymousreply 1302/12/2013

What a liar. He put a lot of work into the show and made great strides towards being a legitimate t.v. star. If they had left him the show he'd be as big as ellen today.

by Anonymousreply 1402/12/2013

Thanks for the post, Mrs. Berkus at R14, but we all know mothers do tend to exaggerate their child's talents.

by Anonymousreply 1502/12/2013

Many think he is hot. He has nice hair a weird body and is not aging all that well. I would imagine in the morning he is nothing short of repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 1602/12/2013

On the Dr. Oz show, Nate said he was under so much stress for the two seasons he couldn't sleep without taking pills.

by Anonymousreply 1702/12/2013

Nice hair? It was loaded with gel, had no shine and so stiff it didn't move.

by Anonymousreply 1802/12/2013

Why didn't he get a cameo in "The Impossible"?

by Anonymousreply 1902/12/2013

In his most recent book, he mentions how horrible his hair is a few times.

by Anonymousreply 2002/12/2013

Shabby Chic for Gay Guys.

For years he'll bemoan that he was ahead of his time. Or the world just wasn't ready. Or..

by Anonymousreply 2102/12/2013

Typical Jew Hair! Can't do a thing with it! That what's I told my granddaughter Isabella (or Isabelly as my darling daughter Celia called her!)

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!