Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Runner face

I know running is great exercise and devoted runners typically have good bodies. But I've noticed the faces of runners usually look abnormally haggard.

The runners I know maintain a healthy diet, drink only occasionally, and never smoke. Is the old face look due to sun exposure, or does running damage the collagen in the face and cause sagging?

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013

Sun and low body fat (which makes damage from the sun and aging appear more pronounced).

I'm a runner but I use sunblock and hats. And my body fat isn't as low as some of my brethren, sadly. I look much younger than my age.

by Anonymousreply 102/12/2013

What do people get out of running? It seems like such a waste of time to get an ugly looking body. At my last job, there was this group of runners and they thought they were just the best things on two legs ever. Always trying to get us to join in and comparing their stupid running times. It seemed like some sort of stupid cult. Ugh I'm glad I don't work there anymore. And yes OP they all had the AIDS face.

by Anonymousreply 202/12/2013

[R2] You get high, real high off the endorphins. You do get high but now some are saying running enhances endocannabinoids. Try it, you might like it.

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

According to plastic surgeon Dr Gerald Imber, running is just about the worst thing for causing a prematurely old and sagging face, after smoking and sunbathing. Dr Imber believes the constant high impact of pounding up and down pulls the facial skin away from the underlying muscles. "Runners of normal weight have haggard, sunken faces due primarily to a loss of subcutaneous fat," he says. "But also, if you watch a slow-motion film of a runner, you see that as well as breasts bobbing up and down, their cheeks and jowls also bounce around. This constant bouncing causes a gradual destruction of the elastic tissue that keeps faces firm."

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

I misread this thread's title as "Rumer face". I shuddered.

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

I love running, I limit it to 3 mile sessions.

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

There are people I know who run and this is very true; they are thin and have a very haggard look to their faces. It is not everyone, but it can happen.

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

I know a girl my same age (39) who has always been in shape but really got dedicated to running in her late 20's. Girl is HOT, and has a beautiful soft face. She looked best of anyone at our 20th, easily.

I think when people are past 45 maybe they shouldn't run. Because my sister in law, who's 51 (and also blonde/extremely fair), took up running about four years ago and now looks like total fucking shit. Skeletor with a small gunt.

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

Pics?

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

People are designed to walk not run.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

The constant pounding is awful for you as R4 mentioned. Women's tits are especially damaged and it's terrible for your knees.

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.