Lens Dunham and Patrick Wilson

Who saw that coming?

by Anonymousreply 5812/24/2013

Like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

Or pearls before swine....

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

It was an extended fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

Patrick looks hot fucking fat chicks. Remember when he took Kate Winslet to Poundtown in Little Children? He does his best work throwing that big cock up into some jiggle.

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

Ping pong was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

Was Patrick naked?

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

[quote]Lens Dunham

Is this some new celeb photographer?

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

Nice shot of Patrick's feets. None of his famous ass, though, which is unforgivable. Plenty of the rolling blubber on Dunham's belly, at least.

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

We're supposed to guess you mean LENA Dunham?

Wow, ever heard of checking out what your post looks like BEFORE you post it?

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

Lena is NOT overweight. She is carefully shot in the series and uses a fat stunt double. Met her recently at a party. Nice person, but she's using the "poor little fat chick" routine the way Charo used that phony fucking accent.

Nice work if you can sell it.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

His cock needs more ass

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013

calm down'll live longer

by Anonymousreply 1202/12/2013

What? Link please. I didn't know Patrick Wilson was doing a new show.

by Anonymousreply 1302/12/2013

There are so many LENA haters out there. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 1402/12/2013

What show is this? What channel?

by Anonymousreply 1502/12/2013

If I had my own series, I'd sure as hell write it in where I got to roll around naked with Patrick Wilson all day. Who can blame her?

I sort of think she is a genius.

by Anonymousreply 1702/12/2013

Wow, r9, you sure can scold just as shrilly as any schoolmarm on the entire prairie!

by Anonymousreply 1802/13/2013

She's not doing anything any average looking man hasn't done in movies.

by Anonymousreply 1902/13/2013

Thanks for the laugh, R10.

Honestly, I thought it was a cheap ploy. I've been on board for the show since I watched season one over the summer, but I had to turn that episode over after a bit--and I love Patrick Wilson. It was the first time it felt like "The Lena Dunham Show" to me. Building an entire episode around Hannah at her most clueless and annoying was not engaging.

And while I applaud her bravery and determination at exposing her non-Hollywood body to the audience as some kind of statement, I am getting a little fed up having to look at her tiny tits and pear-shaped flab half a dozen times in the course of thirty fucking minutes.

by Anonymousreply 2002/13/2013

R17 Yeah, but she also wrote in love scenes with Andrew Rannells. That kind of blows your theory out of the water.

by Anonymousreply 2102/13/2013

You motherfuckerd can't stand successful women.

by Anonymousreply 2202/13/2013

I could think of worse things to do than roll around naked with Andrew Rannells.

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2013

Rolling around naked with Josh Gad?

by Anonymousreply 2402/13/2013

Pictures by "Lens" Dunham and story by Patrick "Scoop" Wilson

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2013

Patrick didn't show his ass?

Not much point in watching then.

by Anonymousreply 2602/13/2013

So many big celebrities and critics are hailing this episode as historically great or something.

It had good pacing and started to get into some interesting realism despite the elementary themes at play. But at the end, when we could look at the entire idea at all levels, it felt kind of cheaply done. This programme is weird. And, by the way, whoever doesn't catch on to the underlying "moral" of each instalment--which requires a decent understanding of psychology--I have no idea why they would watch it.

What I mean is, don't the people who understand the show already have a good sense about what it's trying to exhibit? (and no, I'm not talking about nudity!) If yeah, I don't see how it's due so much acclaim from what it's been like so far. Ah, well.

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2013

{R 8.] I must have missed Patrick Wilson's feet. When were they one?

Were they nice?

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2013

Clearly the entire episode took place in the mind of a young gay boy with Asbergers.

by Anonymousreply 2902/13/2013

"Patrick looks hot fucking fat chicks. Remember when he took Kate Winslet to Poundtown in Little Children? He does his best work throwing that big cock up into some jiggle."

You consider Kate Winslet as disgusting and overweight as Lena Dunham. You need an eye exam!

Lena Dunham has a horrid flabby slope shouldered pear shaped body with small tits which look like half lemons, let's not stop there, she also has a refugee face which could stop Big Ben! Kate Winslet has a voluptuous body and a very attractive face.

As some have discussed, I don't think this episode was a fantasy, some posters mentioned the other characters were absent. Actually, Ray, Shosanna's boyfriend, the manager of the cafe where Hannah worked, was in it.

This past Sunday night's episode of "Girls", gave me macular degeneration, I'm now typing in Braille!

by Anonymousreply 3002/13/2013

I really wish Wilson would get better roles than this. Soon people on DL will start posting pictures of an aging Wilson, bitching and asking "What happened?", just like they've been doing with Chris O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 3102/13/2013

Chris O'Donnell should do something about his turkey neck -- before next Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 3202/13/2013

[quote]It was the first time it felt like "The Lena Dunham Show" to me.

The show is her creation and stars her, so I don't see how this is a valid complaint. The show is ALWAYS about her. You're nuts.

by Anonymousreply 3302/13/2013

I don't think that statement is so nuts. This was the first episode where NONE of the other girls show up. At all. It was 100% Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 3402/13/2013

Her silly show gives the dogs at home some hope. Misguided hope perhaps, but that is to be expected in television.

by Anonymousreply 3502/13/2013

You misunderstand me, R33. What I meant was that even though the show revolves around Dunham--it's always about HANNAH. The character and her growth--or lack thereof--is at the heart of the show. It doesn't really matter how many others of the cast are in the episode. Even in season one, when Hannah goes to stay with her parents for the holidays, there was a lot happening.

This last ep, however, felt very much to me like she wasn't actually writing for the character as much as she was writing for *herself*. Does that make sense? It was the first time the show came off like a vanity project, this whole "look-at-me-I'm-Lena-Dunham-rolling-around-naked-with-dreamboathottie-cause-I-can!"

It was totally self-indulgent.

by Anonymousreply 3602/13/2013

Trouble is Patrick Wilson is so much prettier than Lena Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 3702/13/2013

So far this season they show is more GIRL than GIRLS. Sex and the City managed to keep the focus on Carrie while still giving the other women interesting storylines and SOMETHING to play. The other girls - who I think are all very good, btw - are really getting the shaft this season.

Oh, and wasn't Patrick Wilson balding about 10 yrs ago? Where did all that hair come from?

by Anonymousreply 3802/13/2013

"Trouble is Patrick Wilson is so much prettier than Lena Dunham."

Where is the "trouble" in that? So many pretty women are written to fuck some sloppy flabby old male pig and all of you who are shrieking about this are ok with that. Phonies.

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2013

It's true, R39 and similar posts, that there's not much of an argument there. Or at least, there's an unforgivable double standard there. But so many people want to focus on that when there are so many other **legitimate** things to tear apart.

Wilson's wife replied to a stranger on Twitter who tweeted that someone who looked like Wilson would never do someone who looks like Lena/Hannah. It was something like, "Well his wife is a size 10 with muffin top, and he still does her!"

by Anonymousreply 4002/13/2013

Yeah, Dagmara D. is kind of chunky, so at least she's being honest.

by Anonymousreply 4102/14/2013

Apparently there is a Twitter flamewar over this and Dag's comment. Patrick is pretty upset over this.

by Anonymousreply 4202/14/2013

She uses nudity as some kind of crutch when she runs out of ideas. Oh look! I'm nude! Lena is a hack.

by Anonymousreply 4302/14/2013

[quote]"Well his wife is a size 10 with muffin top, and he still does her!"

OK, I kind of love her.

by Anonymousreply 4402/14/2013

I agree with the poster who only was able to watch half the episode. I have loved certain episodes of this series but this season has really been awful. Except for occasional funny lines (comparing the interior of Patick Wilson's brownstone to "a Nancy Myers movie" was good)the writing has been really bad and the acting even worse. It baffles me what critics who extol the show to the heavens are actually seeing. There are other shows that garner critical acclaim but never get the circle jerk that attends to this show (Southland and Enlightened). It could be the Apatow factor with Girls but that can only go so far if the end product sucks. It's baffling.

by Anonymousreply 4502/14/2013

[quote]Patrick is pretty upset over this.

Why ?

by Anonymousreply 4602/14/2013

[R. 46} Pretty is pretty -- upset or not!

by Anonymousreply 4702/14/2013

Lens is the Voice of Her Generation, and as soon as you just admit that you will be happier.

by Anonymousreply 4802/14/2013

According to her Rolling Stone article, Lena says she doesn't drink or do drugs. Do we believe her?

by Anonymousreply 4902/14/2013

[quote]According to her Rolling Stone article, Lena says she doesn't drink or do drugs. Do we believe her?

If she doesn't...all of her friends do. At least the ones in her age range and in the industry, which I imagine most of them are.

by Anonymousreply 5002/14/2013

Pop singers Au Revoir Simone are homely but skinny Brooklyn girls who at least dress better than Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 5102/14/2013

r46. Because GMA (or something like that) did a story over it and TMZ contacted Dag to comment over the flamewar. He doesn't see what the big deal is.

by Anonymousreply 5202/16/2013

[quote]Hey papa. You're my best friend and my great inspiration and the luckiest thing that ever happened to me. I love you (and you hate twitter.)

by Anonymousreply 5306/16/2013

WTF? Watching the episode when Hannah meets him and he says how beautiful she is. I am not buying it. A good looking doctor would not give her the time of day in real life.

by Anonymousreply 5410/15/2013

It was a fantasy. Lena knows being homely greatly diminishes her perceived worth as a young women. More than innate intelligence, money, or connections, being pretty -if you're a girl- is the most important asset to have.

by Anonymousreply 5510/15/2013

[quote]Watching the episode when Hannah meets him and he says how beautiful she is

It's the joker and Maggie G. all over again.

by Anonymousreply 5610/15/2013

Dagmara is very pretty. I can see that she might struggle with her weight, but she has a pretty face.

Lens, however....

by Anonymousreply 5712/24/2013

Whoops, forgot the link.

by Anonymousreply 5812/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!