Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Amanda Knox Grants First Television Interview To ABC News

Knox, an American student, was cleared of murder in 2011 after spending four years in jail. She will sit down with Diane Sawyer for an interview, which will air as a primetime special on April 30.

ABC News reportedly did not pay Knox for the exchange, which will coincide with the release of Knox's book, "Waiting to Be Heard." The network's announcement on Monday put an end to a year-long competition for the coveted interview.

by Anonymousreply 18506/07/2013

R1 do you know anything about this case or do you just get your news from the papers at the Piggly Wiggly checkout? It is pretty well accepted that she had nothing to do with these murders and was framed.

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

Amanda Knox was railroaded by the Italian courts. I'm glad she's free. Looking forward to hearing from her and reading her book.

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

[post by racist shit-stain # 2 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

R1/R4 I actually do know a great deal about this case. Please, enlighten us about what we do not know.

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

Also R1, I rarely watch American media. It's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

Baba Wawa will rise from her sickbed to smack Diane in the mouth.

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

I read about it any I do not know if she is guilty or innocent.

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

I bet Elizabeth Vargas is pissed about this. She did the most extensive reporting of any US News Agency on the Knox story. Spoke with the family several times and did multiple reports/pieces as the story unfolded.

I assumed that if and when Amanda chose to speak that Vargas would have an "in" with the family. Vargas has to be more than a little bit angry that Diane has been granted the interview after all of the leg work she did.

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2013

Good. Let homophobe Vargas cry at home.

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2013

I always figured her to be guilty.

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

Disgusting. What kind of a person would write a book and cash in on this. Now I have to run to New Zealand with Johnny Depp to vacation with my good pal Peter Jackson. Don't forget my book! It's about how I must now wear blue tinted glasses because death row screwed up my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1503/22/2013

Anyone with more than a rudimentary knowledge of this case knows the evidence is overwhelming that she is not guilty.

by Anonymousreply 1603/23/2013

She was most definitely a victim of anti-Americanism. The evidence clearly shows that the black guy did it. What was his name? I have forgotten the details but I remember feeling quite sure that she was set up by lazy Italian cops and that lunatic prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 1703/23/2013

Rudy Guede r17. I don't know what to think about her but that AIDS thing they did to her was pretty fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 1803/23/2013

I always thought she was innocent, but is it true that she went out to buy bleach and other cleaning supplies the morning after the murder?

I think that was alleged, but I don't know if it was proven.

by Anonymousreply 1903/23/2013

I couldn't believe the things they did to her. It was shocking because you don't expect that from Italy. Maybe Iran or China or somewhere but Italy? I was shocked.

by Anonymousreply 2003/23/2013

And it was even more shocking because she was white and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 2103/23/2013

She didn't do it. They prosecuted her based on misogyny, and Catholic Church baloney. Prosecutor said she was possessed by the devil because she dared to have sex outside if marriage. The black guy did it. He had a history, his DNA was at the scene, he took off running.

by Anonymousreply 2203/23/2013

She's guilty.

by Anonymousreply 2303/23/2013

Amanda Knox is guilty.

The case WAS poorly handled. The Italian Gov. and the US State department stepped in. Agreements were made and Knox is free.

As I said, the case was poorly handled, as was the OJ trial and the Casey Anthony trial. Nothing new here.

But please remember this: she is STILL a felon.

She received a 3 year jail sentence for framing the black guy... her former boss.

The Knox PR machine steps into gear when the topic comes up (they troll Google), so fellow Dataloungers watch this: we are at post 21... watch how this thread will soon start filling up with supporters. There is a book coming out and a lot of expenses to pay.

by Anonymousreply 2403/23/2013

I think she was somehow involved. She also accused an innocent man of having done it.

by Anonymousreply 2503/23/2013

Don't know why Americans get so uppity about "Italian justice". If she'd been accused in the US, falsely or not, she could have gotten the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 2603/23/2013

I don't care if she's guilty (which I think she is) or if she's innocent WHY DON'T THESE PEOPLE COUNT THEIR BLESSINGS AFTER THEY GET OFF AND JUST GO AWAY!

Hell, if I was that lucky I would move to a small town somewhere and live out the rest of my life in peace.

by Anonymousreply 2703/23/2013

I think she probably egged the killer on.

In any case, I agree the case was poorly handled - to her favor, that is.

Not only is she mostly likely co-guilty, but she's a famewhore to boot.

Total sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 2803/23/2013

Wow misogyny trumped racism. That's a first!

by Anonymousreply 2903/23/2013

"Amanda Knox is guilty."

Only according to stupid people, like the psycho religious detective who went after her

"I think she probably egged the killer on."

Nancy Grace, is that you? Ol' Nancy has the same "theory" about the case. There is zero evidence that she ever egged anyone on.

"She received a 3 year jail sentence for framing the black guy... her former boss."

She didn't "frame" him - the police were the ones who brought him up in the first place. She was just trying to be cooperative. You should look up how common it is for the police to get people to say things that aren't true or confess to things they didn't do

by Anonymousreply 3003/23/2013

R30: No you're wrong.

Her conviction for pinning the murder on the black guy (you should look up how common that is) still holds.

For that, Knox was sentenced to 3 years in jail (which she served).

If you disagree with the courts conclusion, fine. But the fact remains: Amanda Knox is a convicted felon for a very heinous crime: blaming a murder on someone else.

by Anonymousreply 3203/23/2013

Thank you, R32.

by Anonymousreply 3303/23/2013

Whatever money she makes from this book she should use it to pay back her parents and donate the rest. No one should profit from another person's murder. No one.

by Anonymousreply 4003/23/2013

There's not 1 bit of credible physical evidence against Knox or Sollecito. The prosecuotr is a well known crackpot who has put innocent people in jail before based on wild conspiracies he's inevented.

by Anonymousreply 4203/23/2013

R45 writes "The police did lead Knox to finger Patrick L. Too bad for her because he turned to be a good guy and innocent of everything."

Knox had plenty of time and opportunities to retract her story... she kept up her charade for 2 weeks.

And she remains a convicted felon .... her sentence of 3 years in jail was deserved.

After studying the case I'm convinced that convict Knox is guilty of murder too even though the court, in her appeal, ruled (reasonable doubt) that she was not.

There are however those that believe Knox is innocent of murder... just as there are those who believe OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony are innocent as well....

by Anonymousreply 4603/24/2013

Girls, girls, you're all stupid and miss the fucking point, making money off a murder is wrong, no matter who did it.

by Anonymousreply 4703/24/2013

[r45]: with or without a lot of "ifs", she could have gotten the death penalty in the US, innocent or not. So what's your point? Railing about "Italian justice" when your own isn't much better?

by Anonymousreply 4803/24/2013

It amazes me that a woman whose original defence was "a black man did it" [the wrong black man] can be seen as America's sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 5003/24/2013

Oh hello r50, have we met?

by Anonymousreply 5103/24/2013

Who really cares? I don't, yawning as I type, here's hoping she doesn't sell many books. Seems everyone knows a killer anymore but can't remember the victims name.

by Anonymousreply 5203/24/2013

She's just as guilty as Casey Anthony and Patsy Ramsey, which is guilty as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5303/24/2013

She's certainly as guilty as I am.

by Anonymousreply 5403/24/2013

I don't think she's pretty (average-looking at best) but I don't think she's guilty of murder, either. I find it telling that the people who insist she's guilty of murder keep referring to her as a "whore." That's pretty much what the prosecutor did too, claiming that because she had more than one sex partner she must be a she-devil guilty of murder. Apparently sex outside of marriage is a gateway crime to murder! But only if you're a woman, of course. Notice how her male co-defendant's prior sex lives or number of sex partners were never brought up in court.

She's guilty of being a liar and a weirdo and a "slut," but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 5503/24/2013

R38, so many contradictions. The wealthy are evil? You're that crazy old black woman troll. Defending blacks and pointing out Meredith was biracial. This kind of talk was the first indication that you were off your rocker and a racist. Sit down.

by Anonymousreply 5603/24/2013

The police suggested to Knox that she met Lamumba the night of the murder and that they both took part in the murder.

This is an old police trick. You keep the person in police custody for as long as possible, denying them food, water, the chance to go to the bathroom. You browbeat them and eventually make suggestions that they and someone else did the crime together. Then they tell the suspect that the other person is in custody and is claiming that the suspect did the crime. They then tell the suspect that s/he ought to tell his/her side of the story and that if s/he implicates the suspect, the law will go easier on him/her. They ask the suspect to imagine how the crime might have happened.

Virtually every person who has given a false confession and was later cleared by DNA evidence has given the same police scenario which led to a confession. Which is why you should never accompany police to a station house without a lawyer. If by chance you do wind up in a police station, you need to ask if you are a suspect. If they say yes, you clam up and ask for a lawyer. If they say no, you ask, "Am I free to go?"

The police will do their best to play good cop/bad cop, to threaten and disorient you. They will tell you that up are facing the rest of your life in prison or the death penalty if you don't implicate yourself. Standard operating police procedure.

by Anonymousreply 5703/24/2013

Amen r57!

by Anonymousreply 5803/24/2013

Oh and I guess if you have all of your teeth, be they snaggly or not *cough* Jodi Arias* cough, you are officially considered beautiful by the media.

by Anonymousreply 5903/24/2013

R56: therapy and meds. Both. It's important that you do both.

by Anonymousreply 6003/24/2013

But look at the people defending her, r55. "Slut" is kind of a meaningless word, but her defenders basically rely upon all the old tricks. If it were the U.S., it would be Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, and the black guy did it. That's their mentality in a nutshell, and the fact that the people who are convinced of her innocence seem to be convinced on that basis isn't reassuring of her actual innocence for a casual observer who doesn't share their prejudices and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 6103/24/2013

I think it was shitty of Amanda to blame her boss for the murder, but that was done in part because of police tactics that others here have pointed out.

I believe Amanda is innocent. Her family isn't extremely wealthy. Her father had some kind of corporate job but he wasn't earning huge amount of money. Amanda attended a private high school on a scholarship.

by Anonymousreply 6203/24/2013

I think she's guilty. She gives off a "We Need To Talk About Kevin" vibe.

by Anonymousreply 6303/24/2013

I am not getting what you're saying r61, are you saying that Jodi didn't do it? She has admitted it. If you want to paint Amanda as innocent, you may want to do it with a different brush than Jodi and Casey's. If she were smart enough she wouldn't want to be lumped into your " Casey, Jodi and the black guy did it" scenario. Since all of them are guilty, what does that say about Knox?

by Anonymousreply 6403/24/2013

Not only did she finger someone she knew to be innocent, but she also seemed delighted about the death, cartwheels and so on. Odd behavior.

by Anonymousreply 6503/24/2013

Don't bother arguing with anyone who thinks Knox is guilty. The killer was caught and he is a black man. White kids got railroaded for a black man's crime. If this was reversed we'd never hear the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 6603/24/2013

Read the case 65 before you go shooting your fool mouth off. The cops asked her do prove she was a gymnast.

by Anonymousreply 6703/24/2013

I'm off R66, race troll baiting fail.

by Anonymousreply 6903/24/2013

R64 The difference was in those other scenarios there was no Black African guy who spread his seed into the victim, took a shit in the toilet in those other scenarios!The problem with the Knox case is that Guede is so guilty that pointing the case to Sollecito and Knox is ludicrous.You are the same crew that thinks OJ was innocent and the Ramseys didn't kill Jon Benet either....

by Anonymousreply 7003/24/2013

What r70? You couldn't be more wrong. I know Patsy and OJ are guilty. You think Knox was innocent, I guess? and that she took the fall for a black guy? Considering the fall meant getting off and getting a big payday, I'd say it was good thinking. Are you saying that many whites have been fingered for black dude's crimes? I am honestly baffled by your post.

by Anonymousreply 7103/24/2013

The photo Raffaelle Sollecito (collector of knives) had on his Facebook page:

by Anonymousreply 7203/24/2013

Her defenders can't even get their trolling right--getting the posters they're attacking confused, repeating the same blather ("Semen in victim! Shit in toliet! End of story!"). Also repeated references to O.J., which are particularly enlightening considering that this case took place in Italy, which would make it's complete lack of a relationship to the O.J. Simpson case especially compelling to anyone whose mind does not immediately make decisions based on the race of the parties involved. What's most sad is the same people claiming to be appalled by Knox being called a slut have no problem degrading the victim in the same way because she had sex with a black man. This is one thread that I really do hope is full of fraus. To think you are gay men would be truly a shame.

by Anonymousreply 7303/24/2013

R30 is correct.

True that there are a lot of cunts in the world, but I don't understand why they all need to post here.

by Anonymousreply 7403/24/2013

Kircher and Knox were supposedly both sluts, so there.Kircher didn't deserve to be killed by a nut job like Guede.Unfortunately she went home with her trick and he killed her. In addition, Guede fled to Germany after the murder. Why the fuck would you go to Germany for if he didn't kill Meredith? Guede had been in trouble with the law beforehand so it's not shocking to think that he could kill someone.Why didn't he go to his rich Italian father and tell him what happened if his bullshit story was true?One more thing,Guede's trial was a fast track trial. Signaling that he was in fact guilty and basically copped a plea so that he could get a reduced sentence.If he was truly innocent why the hell would he cop a plea to get a reduced sentence. Someone who is innocent should go for a full trial not cop out of one.

R71 Sorry to tell you but Guede did the crime just like the Ramseys and OJ.A more telling notion is that no one is saying that Guede is 100 innocent and he is framed, how could you?Now how did Knox know she was going to get a big payday from this? She could have spent decades in prison.

by Anonymousreply 7503/24/2013

[quote]What's most sad is the same people claiming to be appalled by Knox being called a slut have no problem degrading the victim in the same way because she had sex with a black man.

"The same people"? WTF are you talking about? I have never called anyone a slut, least of all the victim.

by Anonymousreply 7603/24/2013

The Italian Court ruled for a retrial. Since extradition is unlikely, she will be tried in absentia.

by Anonymousreply 7703/26/2013

More about the dump, please. Was it still intact?

by Anonymousreply 7803/26/2013

R78 They must have preserved Rudy's dump.He originally got 30 years because his shit was in the toilet, the guy didn't even have the smarts to flush the toilet. Oh and he fucked poor Meredith without a rubber.They found his seed in and on her as well.That's why I stopped one night stands, you never know what kind of psycho you could bring home.

by Anonymousreply 7903/26/2013

The acquittal has been annulled.

So much for her book.

She can forget expecting Americans to believe her and her PR agency's lies.

by Anonymousreply 8003/26/2013

r80 also believes that the moon landing was a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 8103/26/2013

R81 watches Diane Sawyer and The View incessantly, detests anyone with a penis and never got enough hugs from daddy.

This woman is guilty, but the American media's misandrist slant on news has portrayed her as a sweet angel; of course, she's white, and young and from an affluent family so that helps. A mountain of evidence? WHAT mountain of evidence?

If Knox's name was Shanequia or Dave, Joy Behar would have been leading protests for her extradition back to Italy over a year ago, and R81 would have been waving a NOW flag at the rally.

by Anonymousreply 8203/26/2013

It was just announced that the Italian courts have overturned her acquittal so she'll be heading back to court soon.

Isn't she in the States? I'd stay put if I were her.

by Anonymousreply 8303/26/2013

The case against Amanda Knox was based on Catholic woo. Devil worshipping, sex and mind control. Seriously.

There was hair at the crime scene came from someone of African descent. The police knew that Meredith's roommate worked for a black man (Lumumba). They looked at his phone records and found a text from Amanda that said "see you later." They are the ones who convinced Amanda that Lumumba had killed Meredith. Her implication of Lumumba follows the same old script of coerced confessions. I can't believe the Italians want to go through this again.

by Anonymousreply 8403/26/2013

Good that the Italian courts are going to try her again. Knox is a murderer. Only the U.S. media tried to paint her as a victim.. USA! USA! All-American girl unjustly accused! Rally Round the Flag, Boys!

Another pretty psychopath party girl gets off! Hurray.

by Anonymousreply 8503/26/2013

[quote] she'll be heading back to court soon.

That's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 8603/26/2013

Agree with R86. America takes a dim view of 'overturning an aquittal' in criminal court.

I feel sorry for Solicitto.

by Anonymousreply 8703/26/2013

Interesting development. So her ex will definitely go to court again, but she will be protected by the USA? Is there no agreement between Italy and the US? I know there isn't one between France and the US, from the Polanski case.

by Anonymousreply 8803/26/2013

She would do well to stay put. I don't know what happened on that night but she's never going to get a fair trial.

by Anonymousreply 8903/26/2013

Her ex will definitely go to court again.

Legally I believe the US may well extradite due to treaty, however the extradition request is I understand obliged to include reasonable, factual evidence of guilt and there is none.

There is significant factual evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that the person who plead guilty to the murder committed the murder. It is only gross misogyny which would lead anyone to select other random nearby people based on factless, hysterical accusations of unrelated evil temptress sluttishness.

by Anonymousreply 9003/26/2013

She won't go to Italy for the trial. That would be plain crazy. And you never know, maybe this trial will acquit her as well.

At worst, she will be found guilty in some capacity and she won't be able to travel to the European countries that have an extradition treaty with Italy.

Will this help her book sales?

by Anonymousreply 9103/26/2013

She will be extradited.

by Anonymousreply 9203/26/2013

Guilty as hell cunt. But since she's a woman everyone feels sorry for you. But if you're a man like Scott Peterson or Drew Peterson, you are guilty, not because of evidence, but because you're a sleaze.

by Anonymousreply 9303/26/2013

I honestly think she was involved but didn't necessarily due anything herself except ignore the girl's screams while Rudy raped and killed her. I think she may have had prior knowledge of what Rudy had planned, maybe not murder, but definitely rape. Wasn't there some animosity between the two girls and Amanda seems like the type to giggle and think it would be hilarious. Her behavior in the police station was bizarre to say the least. No concern for her murdered roommate.

by Anonymousreply 9403/26/2013

due should be do...oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 9503/26/2013

If there is to be a retrial, wouldn't she have to go? Does she have a choice in the matter?

by Anonymousreply 9603/26/2013

"What was it like to be railroaded, Amanda? Did you feel like the world had unjustly turned against you? Did you finally understand the tragedy of my old boss, Richard Nixon?"

by Anonymousreply 9703/26/2013

People keep saying that Guede (?), the other murderer, has had "run ins with the law" in his past but no one gives any details.

Does he have prior convictions for rape? Violent assault? Attacking someone with a weapon?

by Anonymousreply 9803/26/2013

She won't be extradited if convicted again. The whole again of being acquitted and then being charged again runs counter to US justice. Poor Sollecito though. What a injustice.

Meredith Kercher's family is so delusional. In hopes of making Meredith some kind of good girl who was killed in a Satanic ritual they are not seeing the situation properly.What she did was met Guede and took him home for a one night stand and the psycho killed her. Has anyone seen that YouTube video of Guede making faces and sounds? He seems downright possessed.

R82, R85 Don't tell me you think Guede is innocent. His shit was in the shitter,he came in her pussy and had a prior record like it was going out of style.

R93 Is Rudy Guede 100 percent innocent in all of this? Hell no! That's what stymies the anti-Knox/Sollecito forces. Oh BTW Sollecito has a cock and is a man the last time I checked.

R94 Rudy met Meredith as a one night stand/trick and went back to her place to fuck her.Guede and Knox didn't even know each other

R96 She can fight the extradition and the US government has to say yes. In this case, the US government would probably refuse to send her to Italy.

Everyone should check out that You Tube video of Guede. He seems rather touched and not in a funny way either.

by Anonymousreply 9903/26/2013

How idiotic, R94. "Involved." Catholic woo strikes again. Yes, this Amanda Knox was such a powerful vixen that her pussy magnet compelled some guy she had just met to rape and kill her roommate. And why did she use her magic pussy in such a way? Cuz the devil, of course. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 10003/26/2013

When did I ever say anything of the sort R100? Nowhere in my post does it say she had a magic pussy. Personally, I think she's rather bland and plain. Rather, she ignored something going on and didn't report it or stop it.

by Anonymousreply 10103/26/2013

Best news I've heard in a long time. Entitled bitch got away with murder. And all you lily-livered defenders are too stupid to realize that all the people involved with her prosecution, including the judge, were bought and paid for.

by Anonymousreply 10203/26/2013

r102, you are psychotic and probably insane.

by Anonymousreply 10303/26/2013

DNA evidence links her to the murder, R103

by Anonymousreply 10403/26/2013

No it does not, R104. That just isn't true.

And why would someone just ignore something like that, R101? Does Amanda Knox have supernatural powers? Why would she not be afraid for her own life if she knew that her roommate was getting killed in the next room? She just kinda, sorta knew that he only wanted Meredith? And what sort of enjoyment would she get out of such a thing? She's just "evil?" Like a super villain from a comic book? This is so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 10503/26/2013

R105 I seem to recall Amanda herself saying she heard screams and covered her ears to block them out or something similar. I think her and the bf eventually left without checking on the roommate.

Does anyone have the details?

by Anonymousreply 10703/26/2013

Yes, R107. That was part of her coerced confession. The police convinced her that they knew her boss killed Meredith and that Raffaelo had told them that she was not with him that night, but rather at the apartment. We're talking about police who told her that she was HIV+ just to get her to write down all the people she had slept with and then leaked that information to the tabloids so as to make her look like a slut.

by Anonymousreply 10803/26/2013

Didn't the bf have a knife with (Meredith's) blood on it hidden in the back of his closet? Didn't they both turn off their cell phones the night of the murder? Didn't the bf say he was on the computer when it was proven that he wasn't? The cartwheels and giggling?

by Anonymousreply 10903/26/2013

That Raffaelle guy is a hot piece of ass, is all I'm sayin'. Have him washed and sent to my villa on Lake Como.

by Anonymousreply 11003/26/2013

R106 is right. Any "evidence" they had on her "guilt" was coerced. Have you read how they treated her in Italian prison??

by Anonymousreply 11103/26/2013

R106 is CRAZEE. What possible motive did the prosecutor have for going to such extraordinary lengths to frame her? Nonsense. You don't know her. She isn't you.

by Anonymousreply 11203/26/2013

The Vanity Fair article I read ages ago made the prosecutor sound crazy. (And so did every other article I read, in English or in French.)

Satanic conspiracies? Honestly...

The girl did herself no favors with her odd behavior but that hardly makes her a murderess.

by Anonymousreply 11303/26/2013

Well, gee, it was the prosecutor who pitched the satanic sex ritual theory, wasn't it, R112? When someone comes up with such ridiculous bullshit, their motives are suspect.

by Anonymousreply 11403/26/2013

More PR lies about Satanic Theories.

When the crime was discovered, a satanic ritual theory was floated. There is nothing strange about that.

The crime happened on All Saints Day, the night after Halloween. Aspects of the crime did have a "ritual" feel to it.

But by the time the crime reached trial however, the satanic ritual theory had been long discarded and did not enter into the trial.

And if you think satanic ritual in murder cases is an "Italian thing" as Knox's PR department would have you believe... it's actually quite American too....

by Anonymousreply 11503/26/2013

R111 More Knox PR lies.

The truth is, Knox was treated extremely well in prison.

She was continually monitored by the US State department. She had continual visits by her family and lawyers. No charges of maltreatment were ever expressed or charged.

by Anonymousreply 11603/26/2013

The Italian prosecutors referred to Knox as a "she-devil" and a "witch" in the courtroom R115. She was actually referred to a s a "spell-casting witch". Try getting away with this in an American courtroom. It sounds like something from the Salem Witch trials. The prosecutor also once made up a Satanic conspiracy to explain some unsolved murders in Italy. When some journalists questioned his theory he had them throw in jail as part of the conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 11703/26/2013

R117 More lies.

She was called a "strega" not by any prosecutor, but by Patrick Lumumba's lawyer during the close of the appeal trial.

Patrick Lumumba is the black man that Amanda Knox accused of murdering Merideth.

Anyway R117: nice try.

by Anonymousreply 11803/26/2013

It was still admitted in her appeal trial and she was called a she devil in the prosecutors closing arguments. Mignini also said in court that the murder was "premeditated and was in addition a ‘rite’ celebrated on the occasion of the night of Halloween. A sexual and sacrificial rite [that] in the intention of the organizers ... should have occurred 24 hours earlier” -- on Halloween itself -- “but on account of a dinner at the house of horrors, organized by Meredith and Amanda’s Italian flatmates, it was postponed for one day.”

by Anonymousreply 11903/26/2013

If she's convicted, doesn't our extradition treaty compel the US to send her back to them?

Or do we get to pick and choose when to comply?

by Anonymousreply 12003/26/2013

We have the discretion to say that this is so clearly bs that she will not be sent back. There is some question as to whether Italy would provoke a national incident by asking for her back in the first lace.

by Anonymousreply 12103/26/2013

Do you mean "Leather and Lace," by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley?

by Anonymousreply 12203/26/2013

Give to me your leather

Take from me my lace

by Anonymousreply 12303/26/2013

The prosecutor is a known nut job, R112. He had already been investigated for corruption in Italy before the whole Knox fiasco even started. I know this, because I've read up on the actual FACTS of the case. Go do the same.

by Anonymousreply 12403/26/2013

R119 That's Nina Burleigh writing, one of the most inaccurate journalists writing about the case. Burleigh did not attend the trial and even admits that she does not speak Italian.

It was Carlo Pacelli (lawyer) not Mignini prosecutor who referred to Knox as a "luciferina".

And the quote you mention : "the murder was "premeditated and was in addition a ‘rite’ celebrated on the occasion of the night of Halloween.etc”

That is from 2008 (as Burleigh writes)... however, the first trial began in 2009. As I said: by then the satanic theory had been dropped.

Again nice try.

by Anonymousreply 12503/26/2013

MIne was a white guy. Very bushy hair..I'll never forget!

by Anonymousreply 12603/26/2013

Excerpts from an article from CNN March 26, 2013

"But Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz said that Italian prosecutors might very well extradite Knox. And, if retried, she "likely will be found guilty -- because the evidence supporting a conviction is pretty strong."."

"In the United States, generally, when you appeal a conviction, you waive your double jeopardy rights, and we permit retrials of people who have had their convictions reversed, at least on procedural grounds," he said.

"One issue is why the American media portrayed her in such positive terms," he said. "At best, she was a terrible person who tried to blame it on some innocent person and she was clearly a liar, and at worst she participated in a horrible murder, and the American media focused much more on Amanda Knox than on the victim of the case because Amanda Knox was prettier and an American and an American sweetheart."

"Had she been ugly, he argued, the case would have attracted little attention."

by Anonymousreply 12703/26/2013

I can't believe anyone would seriously claim this prosecutor is sane.

Still, the normally sensible Nancy Grace fell for his bullshit, so others must have been taken in as well.

by Anonymousreply 12803/26/2013

And if there's one thing Dershowitz knows, it's ugliness!

by Anonymousreply 12903/26/2013

You people are ridiculous with how sure you are about the case.

I second the question about the cell phones and the computer not being on even though the bf said he was using it. If that evidence is true, then that's extremely suspicious as to their guilt. If that evidence was faked by the police as I heard suggested, then that was extremely corrupt of the police and it seems the kids were framed.

Did she buy bleach in the early morning hours near the murder when she said she would have been sleeping at her bf's place? That would be some strong proof that they did it. Didn't she buy bleach? How can you know for sure?

The prosecution didn't just paint her as a slut because she had sex by the way. They tried to make a case around the couple looking at extremely fucked up violent porn at the evening of the murder and generally being freaks, not just from a catholic standpoint. This is hardly irrelevant to the murder. This was the suggested motive and it would matter if the case was tried in the US too.

Personally I really hope the truth comes out, whatever it is.

by Anonymousreply 13003/26/2013

He kept dancing through the disco sanctioned moment of silence? What a bastard.

by Anonymousreply 13403/26/2013

She lied about her alibi

Her boyfriend said he was on his computer- zero computer activity

their cellphones were turned off all night

Staged robbery

Her roommate did not like her slutty druggy behavior. She brought Guede home & things got heated. Meredith ended up dead.

Knox then seen doing cartwheels at the police station. Psychopath

by Anonymousreply 13503/26/2013

Shut up, r131. No one says Guede is innocent, because no one says Guede is innocent. Stop with that straw man argument. The theory was always about the 3 of them being guilty and he is actually in prison for it. No one is giving him another trial, just the two who got away.

by Anonymousreply 13803/26/2013

OK, she acted oddly and gave conflicting versions of the story.

What evidence is there she was involved in the murder?

For that matter, how did all this foolishness about Satanism and witchcraft get any credence?

by Anonymousreply 14103/26/2013

Yes he could have feigned interest r137 and r136. It just seems funny that that would be brought up. It seems that if people were so distraught over Meredith's death they wouldn't be out partying the next day anyhow so a moment of silence would go over people's heads. It just sounds funny, such a new thing. Sorry. I don't know what to think. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 14203/26/2013

Are you off your meds or are you Amanda's drunk mother or something r139? You seem beyond crazed.

Is that fact really so hard to grasp?

What the hell is your agenda bringing up his shit non stop... Do we maybe have a celebrity in our midst? Drunk Amanda off her meds herself?

by Anonymousreply 14403/26/2013

[quote]For that matter, how did all this foolishness about Satanism and witchcraft get any credence?

It was a popular MEDIA theory because the murder happened at Halloween and the papers like to sell exciting stories. However satanist murders really do happen, not that often fortunately, but it's hardly a supernatural theory. There was nothing about witchcraft.

by Anonymousreply 14503/26/2013

R144 I think you are on meds honey. Guede claims that Knox argued and killed Meredith when he was on the shitter. He also claims that some Italian guy broke in and called him a racial slur and then killed Meredith. So Rudy has a couple of stories floating around.Mignini also created that crazy story of the three of them killing Meredith when Knox didn't even know Guede! I can see it all now, hi Amanda this is my trick/one night stand,Rudy, then ten seconds later Amanda comspires to kill Meredith with him. Absolute fucking hogwash I say.

It seems that you are insanely ignorant of the truth.Why do you hate Knox because she's a woman? What is it about Sollecito? They had nothing to do with the murder of Meredith.

You also seem to be completely oblivious to the way the Italian justice system works. I get RAI, speak Italian and have been there a numerous amount of times.Americans would be shocked at how much power a prosecutor has and how a sleazebag like Mignini can concoct crazy theories. I'm not saying that American jurisprudence is all that great either(look at the OJ trial or Jon Benet Ramsey). But in the US the legal system is very transparent in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 14803/26/2013

Of course you speak Italian, Amanda.

Rudy Guede's stories are irrelevant because no one believed him and he is now in prison for the murder he denied commiting. Get it yet? Of course not.

I would probably trust the Italian justice system even a little less than the US one, if forced to choose, but I'd be surprised if they are reviving that case for a third time based on absolutely nothing.

If Amanda and Rafaele are innocent, I have not only nothing against them (despite your annoying behavior here) I am very sorry for them and wish them the best. If guilty I hate them for rather obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 14903/26/2013

She had nothing to do with it. It was the black guy who ran from the scene. His DNA was all over the place, and he had a rap sheet, and a history of violence. Amanda was charged with being a slut, because she had sex and was unmarried. The prosecuter said that she was part of a Satanic ritual, and all this crap that was obviously based on conservative Catholicism. It's an unbelievable, horrifying case.

She gave conflicting statements after they held her for days of questioning, AND they did it without an attorney present.

Honestly, if all you know about this case is from tabloids, and innuendo, you're an idiot.

What was done to Amanda is unbelievable. The Italian court system is Medieval.

Amanda was/is basically a liberal, hippie college student.

by Anonymousreply 15103/26/2013

Oh hey r24, you were saying?

by Anonymousreply 15203/26/2013

Reality check for Americans.

The American justice system has given the US the world's highest incarceration rate in the world.

It's over 7 times higher than Italy's.

The US has the death penalty and executes men, women, the mentally retarded. And up until the year 2005 it could execute those who had committed their crimes at under 18 years of age.

Please stop the lecturing.

by Anonymousreply 15303/26/2013

"It's so weird. Usually other females go after a woman as such. Is the Italian prosecutor a queen? Just seems odd that a testosterone laden male would go after a woman like he did."

Not at all. So called "testosterone-laden males" go after women with a vengeance. Most prosecutors in rape cases are male and delight in documenting the sexual "slut" history of the victim and demonizing her any way he can.

by Anonymousreply 15403/26/2013

R151 What black man??? Stop lying! I'll also believe she"s guilty.

by Anonymousreply 15503/26/2013

I love how the crazed anti-Amanda troll completely sidestepped my question about evidence but went on to (incorrectly) blame the media for the Satanism story.

by Anonymousreply 15603/26/2013

Oh, I see you are just an interested newby asking questions "Hey what's up with that stuff I hear about?" at r141, but also know the answer exactly. And by replying to one part of your post that is easily cleared up, I'm "sidestepping" the other parts.

You stupid, transparent pr trolls make Knox look pretty guilty. If you best defenses are "Knox has no supernatural powers and the guy already convicted was totally at the crime scene!", it's looking a little worse than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 15703/27/2013

So Amanda Knox met some African man who she did not share a common language with and was able to convince him with her gestures and eyes to rape and murder her roommate because she was just like that. I mean, you can totally tell by looking at this one picture I saw in a British tabloid. Got it. Sounds like a brilliant case.

by Anonymousreply 15803/27/2013

Don't forget, R158, when the prosecutor had to deal with the fact that there was a total lack of DNA evidence to suggest she was anywhere near the room when the crime was committed (Guede's DNA was everywhere and mixed with the victim's blood), he then began to say that she must have been outside the room giving instructions to Guede. Yes, she was OUTSIDE the room giving detailed rape and murder instructions with her eyes and gestures to someone she had met only once. Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 15903/27/2013

Guede's been able to cut his sentence in half by playing along with the prosecutor's orgy sacrificial killing story. When he eventually gets out and starts harming women again, many will have to take a long look in the mirror and realize they were complicit in supporting his version and his freedom.

by Anonymousreply 16003/28/2013

I believe conspiracy theories but this one is too absurd even for me. She went through two trials already...I think she should go into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 16103/28/2013

Can someone find the crime photos of the bathroom? IIRC, there was blood everywhere. How does Amanda explain that? The crime photos are being scrubbed online. Why?

by Anonymousreply 16203/28/2013

Why does Amanda have to offer any explanation of blood in the bathroom, R162? The bastard that is already in jail was in the bathroom - he took a dump. I'm sure he tracked plenty of blood in. He also might have tried to wash up.

by Anonymousreply 16303/28/2013

I thought I read that she walked into the bloody bathroom and didn't notice something was wrong. She thought Meredith had her period. Where can I get the bathroom picture?

by Anonymousreply 16403/28/2013

r164 I don't know if you can see them online. I saw them on one of the countless 48 Hours Mystery and Dateline shows about this case.

by Anonymousreply 16503/28/2013

Those bloody bathroom tabloid photos everyone is referring to were taken after the investigators had sprayed it with a chemical that turns all protein pink. The bathroom Amanda showered in had been wiped up. Just another load of shit leaked to the tabloids by the prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 16603/28/2013

[quote]Guede's been able to cut his sentence in half by playing along with the prosecutor's orgy sacrificial killing story

What? I read he said Meredith and he had a date and the couple killed her while he was on the toilet. He suggested it was over money. His sentence got shortened because he apologized - for leaving her without getting help. In no way did he ever admit having been involved in a "sacrificial killing".

Where is all this bullshit misinformation coming from?

by Anonymousreply 16703/28/2013

[quote]So Amanda Knox met some African man who she did not share a common language with

I'd guess with Italian and English, they shared 2 languages. Not an argument that Knox is guilty. Just pointing out your argument is dumb.

by Anonymousreply 16803/28/2013

Amanda didnt speak Italian. Rudy spoke French, patois, Italian and a little Russian.

by Anonymousreply 16903/28/2013

Good article about the nuts on the internet who hate Knox.

by Anonymousreply 17004/02/2013

There seemed to be no real evidence against her.

by Anonymousreply 17104/02/2013

The truth behind that article is beautifully explained here:

by Anonymousreply 17204/02/2013

American Charm = dumb fucking hippy dippy chick from Seattle

by Anonymousreply 17404/02/2013

true is the go-to site for actual facts on the case.

The truth is they were right about Knox and right that the case would be over-turned.

by Anonymousreply 17504/02/2013

"I read that it is the go to site for African Americans who are pissed she fingered a black man."

Nice try R176.

by Anonymousreply 17704/02/2013

[quote]Rudy Guede is black, poor, from a third world country, male and imprisoned for a very long time. You don't become rich by being a nice person, and with businessmen that is certainly more true than with artists, media personalities and even politicians.

by Anonymousreply 17804/03/2013

Very informative site, r172. I'd never heard of it before. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 17904/03/2013

Oh right, so the police actually CAUGHT them with cleaning supplies, when they came looking for Meredith (after her cell phones were found), and they immediately mentioned that they were worried because Meredith's door didn't open? I guess some people just have to clean when worried! And later they tried to spin it as if they had called the police? Why would anyone ever suspect those kids, must be because the had sex before marriage!

by Anonymousreply 18004/03/2013

R167 Guede's first story was that he was on the shitter and an Italian guy came in and called him a racial slur and killed Meredith. Because the things are so loose in the Italian media and facts of the case, Guede the killer changed his original story!

Guede's adoptive Italian dad had money so no BS about Guede being some poor African immigrant.Please enough with that race card rubbish already.

by Anonymousreply 18104/03/2013

how do they justify buying cleaning stuff?

by Anonymousreply 18205/04/2013

in the book, she comes off as very credible. BUT amanda never addresses that raffaelo buckled during interrogation -- saying she didn't spend the night with him...

by Anonymousreply 18306/07/2013

[quote] how do they justify buying cleaning stuff?

They didn't buy any cleaning stuff.

You sure kept up with the case facts, didn't you?

by Anonymousreply 18406/07/2013

[quote]BUT amanda never addresses that raffaelo buckled during interrogation -- saying she didn't spend the night with him...

Wasn't it a classical case of "Were you never asleep??" "Do you know for sure someone is lying next to you when you are deeply asleep?" "So do you know for sure that she was always lying next to you?" as we have all seen in court movies and shows?

Honestly I don't think it matters, since there is no theory or suggested motive or anything for Amanda to have killed Meridith without her allegedly freaky boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 18506/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!