Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Turn in a neighbor?

What if you had a great neighbor, seemed like a nice person that you found out was wanted by the FBI. Would you turn them in? I don't think I would.

by Anonymousreply 2402/12/2013

Is he hot? What did he do? Is there a reward? More details are needed.

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

Scenario 1: average looking, extremely nice, great neighbor. Wanted for murder. $50k reward

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

depends on what he's wanted for

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

Yes. I think I would feel guilty if I didn't turn him in.

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

Scenario 2: Young, hot, mild mannered Wanted for: Something white collar, not that bad Solution: Blackmail into being your submissive sex slave.

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

OP, is this brought on by the Chris Dorner thing? Would you turn him in for the million bucks?

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

What if you had doubts about his guilt?

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

If I had reasonable doubts about his guilt I probably wouldn't turn him in.

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2013

No, by whitey bulger. I know he's not a great example, but got me thinking.

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2013

Mind your own beeswax!

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

R11. Gurl I got your back

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2013

I have a neighbor with a 25 year old aggressive autistic son. Gotta make sure my doors are locked at all times because he's been known to barge in if when an ambulance arrives to help neighbors. I hope they move away. His mother (Aspie) works at the local hospital.

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013

Traditionally, Americans did not turn in their neighbors. If they did, others didn't think much of them. Until recently, turning others in to the authorities smacked of Nazis or Communists.

Mexicans have no qualms about turning in others (but not their friends or family) which is why the LAPD fights so hard to keep illegals in the US.

Oddly, members of victim cultures will turn in even family members. (Most famous example, the Unibomber.)

Older Americans will encourage people to turn themselves in, but will not do it, whereas those who have come of school age since 9/11 have been taught that it is patriotic to turn others in.

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2013

I don't know what to say

by Anonymousreply 1502/11/2013

[quote] Wanted for murder. $50k reward

Either of those things is a deal clincher for me. I couldn't call the authorities fast enough

by Anonymousreply 1602/11/2013

By not calling the FBI you could be charged with aiding and abetting a criminal if it was found that you knowingly did not turn him in but knew his whereabouts.

Listen, the FBI wants this person for a reason. Do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 1702/11/2013

OP, I'd turn you in just so I could go on TV and say you were a quiet man who kept to himself.

I'd add that you always greeted me with a smile. You never had a bad word to say about anyone - with the exception of the fucking British Tori Party.

Then I'd note that I didn't know Tori Spelling was British or that she hosted parties anyone would attend.

by Anonymousreply 1802/11/2013

It depends on the crime. If it were a violent crime, yes. If it were white collar crime, I'm not sure. Probably not. The reward wouldn't be the reason.

by Anonymousreply 1902/11/2013

Some of you sound kind of trashy.

Uh wont if hes HAWT

Uh won't if he dint KILT somebody

by Anonymousreply 2002/11/2013

I'd turn them in in a New York minute.

by Anonymousreply 2102/11/2013

Going with the OP's scenario: If I found that a nice person I knew was wanted for murder, and I had a reason to believe he was guilty... I would assume that the "nice" exterior was a facade covering up some serious evil.

If you've ever been around a narcissist, sociopath, or BPDer, you'd know how easy it for some of the most horrible people on Earth to appear to be nice and normal. So yes, I'd probably want to turn him in, but I'd do my damndest to do so anonymously. I wouldn't want to be on a sweet-faced murderer's enemies list.

by Anonymousreply 2202/11/2013

I remember some movie with Dennis Quaid and Joan Cusack. Something about him finding out his neighbors were homegrown terrorists and they frame him for blowing up the CIA or FBI or something. It was kind of creepy and came out around the time of 9/11 or right after.

by Anonymousreply 2302/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 2402/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!