Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ah Bénédictine !

This is a great liqueur to toast a rank institution and the first abdication of a Pope in 600 years.

Let's share some cocktail recipes!

I'm drinking a Vieux Carré.

Equal parts Bourbon, Sweet Vermouth, Cognac, 1/2 parts Benedictine with two drops each of Angostura and Peychaud's bitters. It was created in New Orleans which had deep roots in the French Catholic traditions.

[bold]p.s.[/bold] has anyone else noticed that the news IS NOT reporting much at all about Benedict's abdication?

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

I just wonder what they have on him that is so important. After all popes have been crooks and murderers for centuries, hell for millenia. So now is social media going to pound him and the church? Drunken minds want to know.

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

It's non stop talk on the radio here in LA about Benni giving up the crown. I noticed the same thing this morning in San Francisco too. I've only seen one bumper sticker promoting that dude in Montreal for new Pope.

I bet Benni will hate giving up the keys to the distilleries they own. Even holy hooch packs a lot of flavor with the intoxication.

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

[quote]has anyone else noticed that the news IS NOT reporting much at all about Benedict's abdication?

Have been hearing nonstop reporting since early this morning. Did you shut off your TV and radio all day, OP?

As soon as it came on the news today, I switched over to NPR to hear Sylvia Poggioli. As expected, she covered it wonderfully from many angles.

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

It was the top story on all national news broadcasts tonight. The NY Times has huge headline on its website. It is being reported as a major story.

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.