Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Al Jazeera America

Who are they going to hire as anchors? Are they going to have talk shows? Everyone on Current currently is out. Al Jazeera America is going to launch this summer.

by Anonymousreply 910/21/2013

You can follow Al Jazeera (English) on your computer streaming and podcasts, don't cha know.

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

We have Aljazeera all over California. I don't know what they need an Aljazeera America. I personally like the channel. I prefer it any of it's competitors. I also enjoy DW and NHK from Japan. They all do a better job of reporting than our US media.

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

r3, what provider do you have that you get all those networks?

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

r4, We get all these daily broadcasts on our PBS stations. We even get the English news broadcast from BBC,China and Russia. In addition we have stations that broadcast Armenian, Korean and Taiwanese. There are several dedicated channels to Mexico, Spain and Brazil. These are most often in their native language with a few English segments.

Here in the LA metro area, the TV stations with the largest number of viewers is Unitas and Telemundo (owned by NBC), both Spanish speaking channels.

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

I've been watching AJA today, and I like it quite a bit. It could stand a small bit of polishing, but the choice of stories is good.

My only real complaint are the constant commercials for the Jimmy Swaggert/Christian tv network called Son TV or something like that. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 610/20/2013

AlJazeera English/International is very good news channel.

by Anonymousreply 710/20/2013

If you watch PBS News Hour, you're getting real news. If you're not watching it, you should be.

by Anonymousreply 810/20/2013

Al Jazzeera English is much better than Al Jazeera America. But it's getting harder to get in the U.S. since AJA was launched, even blocked online.

by Anonymousreply 910/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.