Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Westminster Dog Show -CNBC -

It's starting now. Tomorrow night on CNBC. I don't see another thread.

I hope they pick a better winner this year. Not the one with the best resume but the one that wins the day!

by Anonymousreply 2802/18/2015

I always love seeing the beagles and the pugs!

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

That little beagle was cute. And he appeared to be well endowed

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

Is Lena Dunham competing?

by Anonymousreply 302/12/2013

Kim K is. She's the Irish wolfhound

by Anonymousreply 402/12/2013

OP why are you unhappy with previous winners. Did your boyfriend get cut?

by Anonymousreply 502/12/2013

That Pomeranian last year hardly even looks like a dog. And how in the world you could tell if that dog fit the standard, I don't know.

Apparently, a doberman named Fifi is getting all the buz.

by Anonymousreply 602/12/2013

I have you down for a queen.

by Anonymousreply 702/12/2013

I'd love to see a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel win this year. They are the most adorable dogs in the entire world.

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

NIGHT 1: Monday, February 11 Hound, Toy, Non-Sporting and Herding Groups 8-11 p.m. (ET) live on CNBC

NIGHT 2: Tuesday, February 12 Sporting, Working and Terrier Groups, Best In Show 8-11 p.m. (ET) live on USA Network

President Obama's State of the Union address begins at 9 p.m. (ET) on several channels, but presumably not on USA Network

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

Japanese Boy And His French Bulldog Are The World's Cutest Friends Ever:

by Anonymousreply 1002/13/2013

What 15 Handlers At The Westminster Dog Show Think Of Cats

“I don't hate them, I just don't like them. They're not snuggly.”

by Anonymousreply 1102/13/2013

Six years after winning, Uno is still top dog.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2014

You queens aren't watching this year?

by Anonymousreply 1302/17/2015

R8, I have a friend who has two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They're wonderful dogs.

I'm watching my recording of Day 1. Best in Show is awarded later tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1402/17/2015

Yeah, I didn't see a thread for 2015 either.

by Anonymousreply 1502/17/2015

I'd be pulling for Patty "Tania" Hearst's dog, except it's exactly the sort of dog I dislike.

by Anonymousreply 1602/17/2015

The beagle is Uno's great-niece!

by Anonymousreply 1702/17/2015

i like the English Springer Spaniel. I'd like the Portuguese Water Dog if it weren't clipped so horribly.

I feel that the announcers are trying very hard not to mention Cinque, Mizmoon, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1802/17/2015

What channel?

I have a mini schnauzer, but I don't like the way the schnauzers are groomed for dog shows. They look mean, like little aliens.

My dog has a puppy cut, so you can see her cute little shape and of course she has natural ears. Aside from the grooming, she would probably love prancing around the show ring and would probably bark and get really sassy.

Why are the handlers always dressed so horribly? They either look totally frumpy or are try to draw too much attention to themselves with sequins and bangles.

Cover up those cankles, girls.

by Anonymousreply 1902/17/2015

by Anonymousreply 2002/17/2015

No, my miniature dachshund won as he has for the past ten years. I declare him best in show and toss confetti while he struts around the apartment. Same time next year.

by Anonymousreply 2102/17/2015

Yaaay! I love beagles. I actually watched the whole show tonight. My, but most of those handlers are out of shaped.

by Anonymousreply 2202/17/2015

What is your dachshund's name, r21? I have one too.

by Anonymousreply 2302/17/2015

[quote] The beagle is Uno's great-niece!

And that's the only reason she won. Nepotism.

Dog shows are completely political. It's all about the handlers and the pedigree.

That Beagle "Miss P" was quite an ugly specimen. She had these horrid dark circles under her eyes, she was misbehaved, and there was nothing at all that made her stand out.

In fact, I dare say that the Scottie from Russia deserved to win. That dog was sheer perfection, from its coat, to its stance, to its elegant gait.

In the final round, it should have gone to either the English Sheepdog or the Portugese Water Dog. Both were beautiful specimens of their breed.

It pisses me off that the ugly Beagle won.

by Anonymousreply 2402/18/2015

I was pulling for Swagger the English sheepdog. I couldn't believe that the beagle won. He/she was cute, but meh....The Portuguese water dog was nice too.

by Anonymousreply 2502/18/2015

I don't understand how "Miss P" won Best In Show. She's quite an unattractive dog.

I've seen much cuter Beagles walking down the street.

The competition was totally fixed.

by Anonymousreply 2602/18/2015

Don't the Cavalier's have bad health problems? Heart?

by Anonymousreply 2702/18/2015

I think the cavaliers have breeding issues, probably stemming from Charlotte popularizing the breed on the final season of Sex and the City. Everyone wanted a dog like Elizabeth Taylor and they cut corners, apparently.

Miss P is beautiful....there's nothing wrong with a hound. A beagle is actually a dog that the typical American family can own, unlike most of the prissy breeds.

Miss P made an appearance on Fox News this afternoon. Shepherd Smith was smitten and ended up sitting on the floor in an attempt to bond with her. He made a crack about Middle Easter marriage policies when the handler talked about finding Miss P a suitable husband and I could tell they didn't find it funny at all.

Miss P also has a walk-on role in Kinky Boots tonight, apparently. She seemed really tired and just wanted treats today.

You can hardly blame her. She put out last night and just wants to relax. Being a star is hard....

by Anonymousreply 2802/18/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!