Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ted Nugent to attend the State of the Union address on Tuesday

GOP Rep. Steve Stockman office will be scheduling interviews for Nugent after Obama's remarks to a joint session of Congress.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House chamber to hear from President Obama," said Stockman, R-Texas. "After the address, I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."

by Anonymousreply 14502/13/2013

Well, if anyone yells "You Lie!" this year, we'll know who it was...

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

It's always nice to have a fellow hater your side.

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

Stockman forgot to leave in "...and none of it coherent."

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

[quote] I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say.

He will, but it will have nothing to do with the actual address. He's too stupid to actually listen to a speech and take notes, so it's a 110% chance his "rebuttal" will already be written (by someone else). Republicans don't answer questions or respond to what is said, they have a recorded track ready to go, much like Beyonce lip-synching the National Anthem.

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

Here's hoping he loses it and gets ejected from Congress's chambers on national television.

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

I wish someone on camera (maybe a member of the "liberal" media) would ask him why he avoided the draft while simultaneously being in favor of the war in Vietnam.

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

Ted Nugent was before my time. Was he really that famous way back when? I don't think I've ever heard a single one of his songs.

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

He should be in jail for his comments about the President and other members of Congress. I cannot believe they will allow someone who is treasonous and seditious to attend a State of the Union address.

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

[quote]He should be in jail for his comments about the President and other members of Congress. I cannot believe they will allow someone who is treasonous and seditious to attend a State of the Union address.

Overkill.

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2013

Why isn't he dead or in jail yet like he promised if Obama won?

Does he really expect the Secret Service to let him in after they had to investigate this statement? I don't think so. So tonight we're going to hear Ted Nugent talk about how his First Amendment rights were violated when he was forbidden from assembling peacefully with the others in the gallery. You know it's going to happen. Tea party stunt. Nothing new here.

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2013

[quote]Ted Nugent was before my time. Was he really that famous way back when? I don't think I've ever heard a single one of his songs.

Honey, he was before most people's time. He's a one hit wonder, "Cat Scratch Fever". That's it.

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

Also liked fucking 12 year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2013

I hope someone asks him why he chose not to bring a machine gun into the Capitol, as is his 2nd Amendment right.

Or that fucking crossbow.

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013

r11 you forgot the classic gem "Wango Tango"

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2013

Maybe he'll forget they are going to search him and he'll be packing,(guns, we know he a tiny dick) and he'll get carted off.

by Anonymousreply 1502/11/2013

Who could forget the lyrical poetry of "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" ?

by Anonymousreply 1602/11/2013

Texas...

by Anonymousreply 1702/11/2013

He threatened the President's life.

by Anonymousreply 1802/11/2013

I wonder if he'll shit and piss his pants for two weeks before the event.

by Anonymousreply 1902/11/2013

The Secret Service will not allow Ted Nugent to be present at the State of the Union address. No way. And the ass hole who invited him should be barred, too.

by Anonymousreply 2002/11/2013

Yeah, no way the Secret Service will allow him to attend.

by Anonymousreply 2102/11/2013

How does such a mentally imbalanced person get this much coverage. Doesn't the public realize that he is mentally disturbed?

by Anonymousreply 2202/11/2013

On second thought, best to let him attend and make a fool of himself afterwards.

Take attention away from the GOP's rebuttal.

Good idea.

by Anonymousreply 2302/11/2013

I can appreciate Ted Nugent's attitude toward drugs although with my mother in pain from hip surgery I am totally in favor of legalizing mariquana.Tke a belt to the bibile belt!And Ted Nugent surely cannot be hypocritical enough to be religious.Don't make me vomit from cat-scatch fever Nuge!!But I do think he and his NRA cohorts are extremely irresponsible!They put guns into the hands of maniacs so they're children can learn to shoot deer and cute little rabbits although I am not a vegetarian.I want to pet animals not kill them.My bottom line,however,is this:Ted Nugent says that when you find a graduate of the Ted Nugent Camp For Kids,you will not find an addict or a drunk or someone wondering which nipple to pierce,BUT..There is one thing Ted Nugent cannot promise!He cannot promise that when we find a graduate of the Ted Nugent Camp For Kids,we will not find a budding young psychopath contemplating whether or not to shoot down his fellow campers or wait till autumn and take out his school or heck,just go out on the street and declare war on weekday rush-hour traffic!You cannot tell 100% what's in the human mind until often its too late.Think about that the next time you put a Colt 45 in a 12 year-old's anxious hand Nuge.Happy camping.

by Anonymousreply 2402/11/2013

Of all the Presidents, Obama has been the worst served, so I'll bet the SS will let Nugent attend with the crossbow and a AR-15.

by Anonymousreply 2502/11/2013

Obama is not the worst president.Dubya was closer and ixon,but if anything happens to Obama there will be a race-war in this country I bet.

by Anonymousreply 2702/11/2013

Freeper alert! Seriously, this track mark's highest charting album reached a pathetic #13 on the Billboard chart. How FLACCID.

by Anonymousreply 2802/11/2013

Read people. Read. R25 said that he is the president who has been worst served by the Secret Service, not that he's the worst president. Remember the Colombian prostitute scandal? I recall there was some other similar problem with another advance team elsewhere. Oh yeah, and letting those party crashing reality stars into the Obamas' first state dinner. Not terribly well served.

by Anonymousreply 2902/11/2013

Why was he never prosecuted for having sex with teenage girls?

by Anonymousreply 3002/11/2013

Their parents never filed complaints.

by Anonymousreply 3102/11/2013

Why is this one-hit wonder from 35 years ago still given the time of day? Why is he newsworthy? Are we going to get a rebuttal from the Captain and Tennille?

by Anonymousreply 3202/11/2013

The Republican definition of "patriot" is angry racist christian xenophobe behaving treasonously.

by Anonymousreply 3302/11/2013

R31, isn't statutory rape supposed to be prosecuted by the state regardless?

by Anonymousreply 3402/11/2013

Bingo r33!

by Anonymousreply 3502/11/2013

WHY shouldn't he be arrested ON THE SPOT? He's made an open and viable threat against the president. He is clearly UNSTABLE.

The fact that some Republican Douchbag is giving him an iota of legitimacy says sooo much about their own fucked up party.

by Anonymousreply 3602/11/2013

[quote]Why is he newsworthy?

His only relevance is the fact that he makes threats against the President. He owes any resurgence in his career to his BLACK President.

by Anonymousreply 3702/11/2013

I know someone like Ted Nugent but way better looking. Same type. The whole neighborhood remembers when he got sick.

by Anonymousreply 3802/11/2013

Isn't he dead yet? What happened to him committing suicide? I am sure he will have plenty to say he always does and most people won't listen. Douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 3902/11/2013

That is unsettling to think that might be able to get in. They better check him over but good for any weapons.

by Anonymousreply 4002/11/2013

Since when can congressman invite random people to the State of the Union?

by Anonymousreply 4102/11/2013

This will increase the flyover viewership.

by Anonymousreply 4202/11/2013

Does the GOP know that good old patriotic Ted is a Vietnam draft dodger who soiled himself to avoid serving?

by Anonymousreply 4302/11/2013

Well the Secret Service better step in and deal with this. Nugent poses a threat. He's made a threat. It was clear direct and easily understood. He has not backed away from it.

He doesn't belong in the chamber. He needs to go on Fox and comment on the speech. Or be Hannity's guest, or Glenn Beck & Rush Limbaugh.

I sincerely hope that they scan everyone and put every one thru metal detectors. Ted Nugent isn't the only one who'd like to see this President gone. He isn't the only asshole who's been invited.

President Obama may as well make his speech in a baseball stadium. The extremists who fought him these past five years are still around and they are an unstable angry mob. with guns. I worry.

by Anonymousreply 4402/11/2013

prick to ass ,Ted, prick to ass.

by Anonymousreply 4502/11/2013

Someone should put a stop to this and point out Ted's comments about the President last year.

by Anonymousreply 4602/11/2013

"[R11] you forgot the classic gem "Wango Tango""

Ted was actually in a rock band in the 1960s, The Amboy Dukes. They had a hit record with "Journey To the Center of Your Mind".

Here's Teddy Boy in his youth. I couldn't find any photos of the band in their Fop Finery, they favored velvet jackets, satin pants and lace shirts.

Wonder if Buckskin Boy Ted has hired people to wipe all traces of those old photos off the Internet!

by Anonymousreply 4702/11/2013

[quote]Are we going to get a rebuttal from the Captain and Tennille?

That would be awesome! Or Barbra Streisand.

Someone should ask him what it's like to be seated in the Ladies' Gallery.

by Anonymousreply 4802/11/2013

I hope he makes what is interpreted as a threatening motion towards Obama and the Secret Service blows him away.

by Anonymousreply 4902/11/2013

Democrats have to get out there and raise holy hell. This man threatened the POTUS. Even if you think he wouldn't get in, make a fuss over it to make the GOP look bad for this stunt. Call them un-American. Score political points.

by Anonymousreply 5002/11/2013

He's supposed to be DEAD or IN JAIL.

by Anonymousreply 5102/12/2013

The problem is that Ted has successfully gotten away with presenting himself as patriotic, conservative, dedicated to family values etc.

More people need to know about his draft dodging and underage sex.

by Anonymousreply 5202/12/2013

[R31], isn't statutory rape supposed to be prosecuted by the state regardless?

Please tell me how the state would know of a violation unless the "vigilant" parents of girl(s) didn't alert the authorities of some Ted Nugent shenanigans with underage girls?

Please tell me how, otherwise, plain 'ol lower middle-class parents are supposed to demonstrate and prove that the man they relinquished their daughter to for full legal adoption didn't want to fuck her inside and out? Can you prove or demonstrate fully that the Motor City Mad Man isn't a full blown child fucker? Nope.

Other than being an older man who adopted her a fully mature menstruating female with who he had relations (with her parents consent at the age of 16), I have no idea how tea baggers believe these relations work. I'm flumoxxed. I

R34 -- You really should stop trying to be so disingenuous on liberal sites when your displays do not demonstrate a great deal of intelligence or candor when there are lawyers about. Or newspapers. Or neighbors. Or anyone with the capacity to read.

by Anonymousreply 5302/12/2013

What the hell are you talking about, R53? All I asked is why Ted Nugent shouldn't have been prosecuted since he is on film in a documentary admitting it.

I didn't ask for you to go into a whole moral debate where you accuse me of being some sort of a Teabagger. What is the matter with you?

by Anonymousreply 5402/12/2013

On behalf of Texas, I apologize. It was that idiot Stockman who invited him.

by Anonymousreply 5502/12/2013

Wow, R54. Did you really say all that? Because it's damn near impossible to figure out who you favor in this debate.

by Anonymousreply 5602/12/2013

I just think nothing good is going to come out of Teddy's appearance...

by Anonymousreply 5702/12/2013

[quote]I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent

So, draft dodgers are now patriots?

by Anonymousreply 5802/12/2013

The Smiths sold more records than this ass-clown ever has.

by Anonymousreply 5902/12/2013

Could someone please help me...? I'm looking for the quote where Crazy Ted said IF HE HAD gone to Vietnam, he would've singlehandedly won the war. I swear this ass stain said that but I'm having trouble finding it online.

by Anonymousreply 6002/12/2013

In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock."

by Anonymousreply 6102/12/2013

Nugent told the Detroit Free Press in 1990 that he meticulously planned to get out of the war. He stopped bathing 30 days before going before the draft board and later ate nothing but junk food and Pepsi. A few days before his appointment, Nugent started defecating in his pants. It obviously worked — and it's a good thing, because "if I would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes. I would have killed everybody."

by Anonymousreply 6202/12/2013

Spin Magazine edited by Bob Guccione's son? He should know sleaze when he sees it.

[quote]What the hell are you talking about, [R53]? All I asked is why Ted Nugent shouldn't have been prosecuted since he is on film in a documentary admitting it.

Do you think the guy is stupid enough to discuss sexual relations with underage girls when the statute of limitations is still operative?

by Anonymousreply 6302/12/2013

more from above link

"My being there [South Africa c. 1990] isn’t going to affect any political structure. Besides, apartheid isn’t that cut-and-dry. All men are not created equal."

"I think that Barack Hussein Obama should be put in jail. It is clear that Barack Hussein Obama is a communist. Mao Tse Tung lives and his name is Barack Hussein Obama. This country should be ashamed. I wanna throw up," he said, adding "Obama, he’s a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun."

"What’s a feminist anyways? A fat pig who doesn’t get it often enough?"

"I use the word nigger a lot because I hang around with a lot of niggers, and they use the word nigger, and I tend to use words that communicate."

"…Yeah they love me (in Japan) — they’re still assholes. These people they don’t know what life is. I don’t have a following, they need me; they don’t like me they need me… Foreigners are assholes; foreigners are scum; I don’t like ‘em; I don’t want ‘em in this country; I don’t want ‘em selling me doughnuts; I don’t want ‘em pumping my gas; I don’t want ‘em downwind of my life-OK? So anyhow, and I’m dead serious…"

by Anonymousreply 6402/12/2013

[quote]What the hell are you talking about, [R53]? All I asked is why Ted Nugent shouldn't have been prosecuted since he is on film in a documentary admitting it.

I don't think Ted is dumb enough to discuss the sex he's had with underage minors while the statute of limitations is still operative. It depends on the state, but it's generally 7-10 years for statutory rape.

by Anonymousreply 6502/12/2013

Sorry about the double post. I've had problems with connectivity this morning.

by Anonymousreply 6602/12/2013

Is this interview satire? Seriously, he's disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 6702/12/2013

What a pussy.

by Anonymousreply 6802/12/2013

I hope they search him really really well. He's an unhinged lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 6902/12/2013

ANyone who supports him (Nugent) should be deeply ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 7002/12/2013

g

by Anonymousreply 7102/12/2013

R67, that's a real interview. The guy writes for Vice magazine. Ted is basically saying that he shot a cat, it had a collar on it and he's disappointed that it "didn't dance around" enough. How the fuck has 4chan not annihilated this cat-killing motherfucker

by Anonymousreply 7202/12/2013

Petition here:

by Anonymousreply 7302/12/2013

If true R72 that is one sick fucker who needs to be put down. He sounds like a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 7402/12/2013

He should not be allowed in the same room as the president. He has made numerous threats of violence.

by Anonymousreply 7502/12/2013

He's obviously mentally ill and deranged.

by Anonymousreply 7602/12/2013

He promises to be "respectful." So they're letting him in?

by Anonymousreply 7702/12/2013

His remark in that WaPo article is still pretty threatening.

by Anonymousreply 7802/12/2013

Hey, Ted.

Greetings from America, I bring you greetings from the land of the free and the home of the brave to LA., land of the numbnut, I love going to Los Angeles because they desperately need me there. When we played the House of Blues, I heard that more than a dozen gay guys ate pussy that night.

I just read you made an offer of some kind to Lance from N'Sync.

Well, he doesn't need to go the moon. He needs to be a self-sufficient, independent American dream spirit. And he is obviously missing that dramatically if he still buys into the monkey's formula in the year 2002. I just thought I'd give him a shot at real manhood. I offered to bring him onto the Nugent Swamp and show him where Lewis and Clark witnessed Sacajawea. I killed a beautiful buck this morning, and all the vocalists and musicians of the world need to qet their hands bloody at least up to their elbows in guts once a year. I think all those formula bands are really pathetic.

What do you think of Insane Clown Posse?

It's another formula band. That's just like The Monkeys but without any brains. Since Richard Pryor caught on fire I haven't had a good laugh 'til the Clown Posses came along. In fact, they have a song, I think it's called "Fuck Ted," and they ridicule my music. If you hate me, you are a great, great source of inspiration and then comedy. I just howl and cheer his spirit. I thank them so dearly for that.

I spoke with them yesterday.

That had to have been just like cleaning the latrine with your lips. Which you shouldn't do.

Violent J said that he was a big fan of yours, and they weren't serious about dissing you on the record.

They're just having fun, I think.

Then he followed it with, "But if he's an asshole about it, then he can suck our dick." And I was like, "I'm not sure that he's going to accept your apology."

First of all, not only do I not accept it. I see no need for one. I think they're cute. You know, when I see a three-legged dog, I'don't shoot it right away. I want to watch it dance around a while. I shot a fucking cat this morning. And when I went and retrieved it, it had this beautiful studded collar on it. I kid you not. For you city kids who might recoil in fear when I mention such things, believe me, there is an epidemic of feral dogs and cats in In this country that are spreading rabies and distemper and disease across the land. The only responsible thing to do is to kill them. I did a job for both you and me today. So I want you to just shut up and thank me.

I think all cats should be killed regardless.

Now you're talking, buddy. I did a terrible job because I used a 10 millimeter, and it just killed him instantly. I'd rather have him dance around like an Insane Clown Posse for at least a couple minutes before he dies. But next time I'll aim a little lower.

Ted, how many confirmed kills do you have?

Certainly, thousands and thousands. I mean, in the '70s and '80s, I used to keep track of such things, and there were years of 400-500. I have since modified my gut-pilled jihad to be strictly effective not just wanting. So everything I kill now is put to the maximum utilization.

Have you ever killed a man?

Not yet. I think I've caused some serious torso and psychological alterations according to the death threats I've gotten. What a beautiful bonus God has blessed me with. The confusion I reign across the retarded landscape is more important than platinum albums and big giant bucks. It's almost pussy, man. But, no, I've never killed a man.

Were you in Vietnam?

We lost didn't we? My point being, if I'd have been in Vietnam, we would have won.

Would you have padded your number of kills with the dead babies?

No, that would have been considered a legitimate kill.

A dead baby is a legitimate kill?

Malai would have been a yawn if I would have been in Vietnam. Let's get serious here. Right now, we don't even have to go back to the Vietnam era. You've seen videos of the training camps over in gomer voodoo land? The training camps are training little children to hate America. Evil doesn't have an age restriction, okay. I don't care the age or the breed of the dog that is foaming at the mouth approaching my child. I'm going to shoot the motherfucker. Are we clear? Drive safely.

You have a camp over there that you invite people to come and hunt with you.

Absolutely, I have camps in Africa. All across North America. Yeah, I crave the campfire. And, actually, it doesn't cost more to hunt with the Nuge, you see it costs less to hunt with the Nuge. When I take people on sunrise safaris, Uncle Ted campfire adventures, I can literally take a $5,500 hunt that you would pay at a typical ranch in Texas, and I can probably cut that down to half price, only $2,500.

How would one of our readers get a hold of you if they wanted to go on one of these?

Tednugent.com and certainly at 800-343-HUNT. I will guide more than 400 hunters this season, and it's a spiritual orgy, man.

Have you ever used a fresh deer pelt as a Halloween costume?

No, but I've worn it on stage just to scare white people. I'm the only rock 'n' roller that actually kills his own stage clothes. I mention that every night on stage that anytime any person uses the word animal and rights in the same sentence, I'm gonna kill a hundred of something. So don't even fuck with me. There will be blood on your hands and in your family tree.

You have a new cookbook Kill it and Grill it, but have you ever eaten road kill?

Yes, I have. In fact, probably in more than a dozen states, Chris, I have spearheaded legislation and acted into laws allowing citizens to use fresh road kill. In many states it was illegal to possess it, and that's absurd. There is a lot of good protein there. When you hit that animal, you should do everything possible to recover the usable portions. We've seen deer hit on the highways, and, as a sheriff deputy, I've gotten out and killed the animal outright while he flopped around. That's happend probably dozens of times. I'll sit right there and pick up my knife and render it into family-sized portions.

Have you ever eaten an opossum?

Yes and it was one too many. Opossum is a staple down South.

Being a sheriff, what's the worst thing you've come across?

If you read the first chapter of God, Guns and Rock 'N' Roll you'll see a gory, detailed review of my encounter. A life-and-death, hair lined, life threatening force collision that occurred on the streets of Miami many years ago. where I was already of the mindset of using deadly force to neutralize the evil, but I did not have to revert to that. I was able to diplomatically and physically neutralize the threat. There were two thugs about to kill an off-duty cop with his own gun. I intervened. It was pretty neat.

What did you do?

I basically called 911 as clear and quickly as I possibly could. Then I cleared my Glock, I did not draw it, but I cleared it. I produced my deputy shield, and I forced the two perpetrators off the cop. They were prying his fingers from his revolver at the time. It was really awesome. Not because I'm awesome, but because the conditions were awesome, and man is awesome when man uses his gifts from God in a proper way.

What do you think the best source of protein on the earth is?

Deadstuff. Deadstuff is one word, by the way, Chris. If you misspell it, I'll have to reprimand you. No. my favorite is probably venison. The backstrap. the succulent slap that resides against the spinal column of herbivores with garlic and butter. It's almost sex.

Would you have a problem, if it came down to it one day, eating another man?

Not if it meant survival. No. I wouldn't even hesitate. It'd be a damn shame, but I wouldn't hesitate. Whatever it takes to live.

I heard one of my friends went to your show in San Diego.

I bet he's still fuming with exaltations. Did he tell you I'm the funniest motherfucker in the world?

He said you're a good aim.

No doubt I am. I shoot my bow and arrow on stage. I've been doing that since like 1963. And during the one encore, "Great White Buffalo," I shoot a flaming arrow at one of my guitars hung up in the amplifiers and blow it to smithereens every night.

Have you ever missed?

Yes. I missed twice. That's in, I don't know, 4,000 concerts. I think I almost killed a guy once. It was beautiful. The arrow went through the speakers and stuck in the wall. It was cute.

You know there's a skateboarder by the name of Don Ngyuen. They call him the Nuge.

He better be good.

He's Vietnamese.

A gook! You gotta love that. I've always had this thing for gooks. You gotta love gooks. Fuckin' little tunnel-diggin' monkeys. I think they're so cute.

Do you have a problem with him having the same name as you?

No, not at all, man. Go nuts. Makes me proud. I love guys that dig holes to put sharp sticks in to kill assholes. You got to love those little monkeys.

Did you steal the show every night from KISS?

Oh, absolutely. There's no question about that. Just phenomenal. You know, you can't beat cartoons. Cartoons are cool, and I give KISS credit for being the ultimate cartoon band.

Do you get more pussy than Gene Simmons?

Per pound, he's got me beat. Probably a hundredfold. But I don't consider that pussy. He is the fat-mama king. I wouldn't fuck those girls with your dick, okay?

Thanks.

I'd just put it this way. No man in the history of the world has been so privileged and blessed with more of the most beautiful, firm, buoyant, uppity, cocky, perfect babes than Uncle Ted. Guarantee it. That's all I'm going to say because I'm married, and Mrs. Nugent is a crack shot. And I don't want her shooting at my crack.

by Anonymousreply 7902/12/2013

I guess the GOP doesn't know that Nugent is a Vietnam draft dodger and that he had sex with underage teenage girls?

by Anonymousreply 8002/12/2013

I hope he's completely ignored, he's a worthless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8102/12/2013

Thanks, R73. I signed.

by Anonymousreply 8202/12/2013

They're letting a lunatic who publicly threatened the President's life into the SotU address?

Fucking morons. I hope they put an agent up Nugent's ass and a ball-gag in Nugent's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 8302/12/2013

[quote]They're letting a lunatic who publicly threatened the President's life into the SotU address?

That's what I find amazing about this. Why doesn't the Secret Service overrule the Republican Congressman?

by Anonymousreply 8402/12/2013

Lot of anger. Seems kind of closeted.

by Anonymousreply 8502/12/2013

I liked Nugent's first few solo albums in the mid-late '70s, and I attended several of his concerts. I didn't realize he was such a whacko until about 15 years ago. He really seems to have gone off the deep end. I think he is in dire need of psychiatric help. Maybe he and Mel Gibson can share a padded cell someday.

by Anonymousreply 8602/12/2013

What I find amusing--and disgusting--about Nugent is that he is a D list musican. Let's face it. Would anyone even know who he was if he did not get the attention he does with the media?

In the 70's, Nugent was a has been who kept his name afloat largely through the effort of "Creem" magazine. They would interview him and give him space. Why? Because "Creem" had to be "different" from "Rolling Stone" and "Crawdaddy," the more "mainstream" rock magazines. Of course the irony is that "Creem" contributors Dave Marsh and Lester Bangs would become mainstream themselves. The latter was (and still is)considered a punk guru, when in fact much of what he wrote was blather and the bands he advocated amounted to nothing.

Anyway, Nugent has endured, despite the fact no one buys his records or hears his songs on the radio. Amazing. The fact that he is given the same attention as Bono or Springsteen is just one more damning comment about the fact that the media could care less about intelligence and truth.

It's all about outrage. This is why Stockman and Nugent endure. They make "news."

by Anonymousreply 8702/12/2013

So was he there?

by Anonymousreply 8802/12/2013

I hope Dick Cheney gets invited to one of Nugent's hunting trips.

by Anonymousreply 8902/12/2013

If he was in attendance, they put him on complete media blackout.

by Anonymousreply 9002/13/2013

Photo of him turned up. They put him all the way in the back. It's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 9102/13/2013

Link, r91?

by Anonymousreply 9202/13/2013

anyone?

by Anonymousreply 9302/13/2013

Did he attend in his loincloth and moccasins? Did he soil himself in advance? I understand that he attended the event as part of a package deal, the "One-Hit Wonders of 1977". His fellow attendees were Alan O'Day, Ram Jam, Celi Bee & The Buzzy Bunch, Debby Boone, Peter McCann, David Soul, Meri Wilson and Thelma Houston.

by Anonymousreply 9402/13/2013

Here you go, R92/R93:

by Anonymousreply 9502/13/2013

[quote]Did he attend in his loincloth and moccasins?

I kept picturing that, too. I at least thought he'd dress up in a bolero tie with a tiny steer skull closure, but no...

What a miserable-looking bunch in that picture, r95.

by Anonymousreply 9602/13/2013

[R95] Wow, talk about the "cheap seats". Maybe he got some from that bored bitch on his right.

by Anonymousreply 9702/13/2013

thank you r95; his expression and back of the rows seating made me laugh out loud.

is that his surly teenage daughter to his right, or his current love interest?

by Anonymousreply 9802/13/2013

R98 - It can't be his love interest. She's at least a decade too old for him to be interested in.

by Anonymousreply 9902/13/2013

There might be some interest, R99:

by Anonymousreply 10002/13/2013

Strange that they allowed him to attend, given the fact that he has threatened the President.

by Anonymousreply 10102/13/2013

Use them for your next Christmas cards:

by Anonymousreply 10202/13/2013

Who's the (perhaps gay) bow-tied guy to his left?

by Anonymousreply 10302/13/2013

Creepy....

by Anonymousreply 10402/13/2013

R101 just imagine the stink Ted Nugent would make if he was barred.

Right now he would be on every news shows complaining about being barred.

But he was let in, and have we heard from him?

by Anonymousreply 10502/13/2013

True, R105.

by Anonymousreply 10602/13/2013

Here he is with the bitch who brought him.

Look at that big ol' smile before he knew he'd be in the nosebleeds:

by Anonymousreply 10702/13/2013

[quote]Strange that they allowed him to attend, given the fact that he has threatened the President.

This is the question that any other President would pose to his SS chief (right before he fired him) but O doesn't have the balls.

by Anonymousreply 10802/13/2013

Ted was never mentioned nor was he shown on camera on the coverage I saw. As if he fucking did not exist.

[R101] The fool also threatened himself but doesn't have the guts to deliver. They probably just figured his threats were an attempt to get his mommies attention. Did FUX news interview him?

by Anonymousreply 11002/13/2013

Oh dear, r107. That "bitch" has gayface for days!

by Anonymousreply 11102/13/2013

Why on earth should the President give a flying fuck or be concerned about a weasel like Ted Nugent?

by Anonymousreply 11202/13/2013

[quote]What a miserable-looking bunch in that picture, [R95].

Most of them are people who lost loved ones in gun violence.

by Anonymousreply 11302/13/2013

r109 -- this proves O is afraid of everything. If the great and mighty O was unconcerned with Ted oozing around the chamber, he would be equally unconcerned if Ted was oozing around talking shows.

by Anonymousreply 11402/13/2013

I'm glad this idiot was there.

And as for the SS not disallowing his presence because of threats, as woefully inept as the SS has been (Columbia) I still give them enough credit for being able to distinguish between an actual danger to the POTUS and a big mouthed, draft-dodging, village idiot like Nugent.

It's the quiet ones they worry about, not chicken-shit assholes like Nugent.

by Anonymousreply 11502/13/2013

R114 what a deluded fuck you are.

by Anonymousreply 11602/13/2013

In the '70s, with that loincloth, etc., I thought he looked like a Village People reject. He could easily have been a member of that group. As far back as the mid-1970's, Ted Nugent pinged off the charts for me as a deeply, deeply, deeply, deeply repressed and closeted gay man.

by Anonymousreply 11702/13/2013

I have never heard any of his "music". I was born several years after his supposed hit song that I have never heard. I would look it up on YouTube, but I have no interest in that vile redneck cunt. I hate Country Music, so I would never listen to his hillbilly shit in the first place. Country Music is full of extreme right-wing nuts like him. I can't imagine why anyone would listen to that uneducated, backwoods, bigoted, Grand Ole Opry corn. Fuck Nugent right up his ignorant hillbilly shithole!

by Anonymousreply 11802/13/2013

R114, are you really so delusional as to believe Ted Nugent occupies any part of the president's head?

Outside of this little invite and the pics I posted of him from last night, Nugent occupies NO time in my head - and I got nothing to do! So why in the hell do you think the president would give a shit about this loser?

by Anonymousreply 11902/13/2013

thank you r119!

by Anonymousreply 12002/13/2013

Obama ignores idiots like Sarah Palin and the Nuge. They eventually slink away.

by Anonymousreply 12102/13/2013

R118, As vile as Nugent is, he was never Country. His music was more of the Hard Rock variety. Very simplistic, three chord rock. He was FAR, FAR inferior in talent and musical quality to the better Hard Rock acts of the day like Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Queen, Rush, Bad Company, Cheap Trick, Foghat, ZZ Top, Pink Floyd, Robin Trower, etc. He has pretty much been a has-been since 1978, or so. A sad, pathetic man. If you are not familiar with him, you didn't miss anything.

by Anonymousreply 12202/13/2013

What r122 said -- in the 70s, guitar rock ruled and there were a slew of masters. When Ted came up, it was just to note, "Oh, he's good, too."

by Anonymousreply 12302/13/2013

Agreed, R122. I can think of at least 20 more acts better than Nugent in the '70s, a few: Yes, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Scorpions, Rainbow, Judas Priest, The Kinks, The Who, Boston, U.F.O., Thin Lizzy, Budgie, Styx, Heart, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash. Even Kiss was superior to "The Nuge." Of his songs, I liked "Stranglehold", "Motor City Madhouse", "Just What The Doctor Ordered", "Free For All" and "Cat Scratch Fever" --- that's it! I saw him open for Kiss in 1975 and I thought he was average at best. Kiss blew his ass in the weeds a thousand times over.

by Anonymousreply 12402/13/2013

So THIS is who Nugent was sat next to!

Love it. LOVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 12502/13/2013

R121, to say Obama ignores them would be giving them too much credit. To ignore would involve effort. They're not even on his radar.

At the WHCD, Obama was reading jokes about Trump that he probably hadn't seen before that night - Obama obviously had other things on his mind, like Pakistan.

He doesn't have time for these fools and their inflated egos.

by Anonymousreply 12602/13/2013

Nugent is a damaged individual mentally. I think he was dropped on his head repeatedly, as an infant. The hilarious thing is that he thinks of himself as a "great thinker" and an intellectual. Please! I can't stand that Nazi fuck!

by Anonymousreply 12702/13/2013

I grew up in a small town. When I was a kid, there was this old crazy man that hung out downtown every day. He was a tinhat schizophrenic who was off his meds and ranted loudly on the street corners about the communists taking over, the government was watching our every move and was out to destroy us, and that we all needed to prepare for the 'end of days' which were upon us. Nugent is now the exact clone of that man. Long hair in a pony tail, the goatee, and style of dress are identical (down to the cowboy hat and bolo tie). I think Nugent has the same paranoid delusions. The resemblance, both physically and mentally, is uncanny.

by Anonymousreply 12802/13/2013

I love that he was seated next to Thomas Lauderdale. What a background. Favorite line from his bio:

Lauderdale studied at Harvard University, where he graduated cum laude with a degree in History and Literature.[1] He spent most of his time in college in cocktail dresses, throwing waltzes with live orchestras and ice sculptures; disco masquerades with gigantic pineapples on wheels; nude midnight swimming parties in the Adams House swimming pool; and operating a Tuesday night coffeehouse called Café Mardi.[2]

by Anonymousreply 12902/13/2013

Wow! This thread is the most attention and print Nugent has received in the last 35 years. His star must be back on the rise. Pretty soon his concerts will be selling out dive clubs again. LoL!

by Anonymousreply 13002/13/2013

WOnder what Lauderdale thought...

by Anonymousreply 13102/13/2013

Here's what Nugent thought.

by Anonymousreply 13202/13/2013

Inviting Ted Nugent to attend the event wasn't a dick move. It was a move only a Bravo Reality Show celebrity would pull while calling a mobile phone with an Andy Cohen ringtone (that goes like this 'It is me, Andy Cohen! Bitch, pick up!') her own.

by Anonymousreply 13302/13/2013

This whole scenario made it all better. Whoever made up the seating chart has a well-developed sense of irony/malice. Turns out the talked -- music.

After all that brouhaha over Ted Nugent — you know, the guy who threatened to kill President Obama — getting invited to the State of the Union by Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX), the hard-talking, pants-shitting rocker was seldom seen throughout the evening.

But the one photo of Nugent that did make the rounds was publicized not from Stockman's camp, but rather from that of Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), the congressman who invited Nugent's seatmate — Portland musician Thomas Lauderdale.

Lauderdale, best known for founding the "little orchestra" known as Pink Martini, is the anti-Ted Nugent: A liberal, Occupy-Movement-supporting, openly gay civil rights activist who favors gun control and loves classical music.

But for all their differences, the two did apparently manage to find common ground, and, according to Lauderdale at least, had a pretty pleasant chat.

He wrote in an email to BlueOregon:

[quote]I was totally not expecting to be seated next to Ted Nugent at the State of the Union .... but it was incredible. We talked about hunting ... in Texas (where he has lived for the past 10 years) and Michigan (where he grew up). Growing up he was inspired by Dick Dale ... and later by the British Invasion bands of the mid-60s ... The Yardbirds ... The Rolling Stones. He only tours in the summer. I asked him if he did USO tours. He has ... BUT is probably the only celebrity who carried his own machine gun. (Shockingly, I don't have a machine gun of my own.) He thought this year's Grammys were too "bubblegum" and childish. And, of all of his compositions, "Fred Bear" means the most to him ... people ask for it at their funerals, their barmitzvahs, their graduations ... "It doesn't get more "wow" than that," he said. At the end of the night, he shook my hand, and wished me luck. I thought he was a real gentleman.

Unfortunately, the gap-bridging didn't carry over to the night's main event.

Following the President's speech, Nugent took to Twitter to assure his followers that he remained as headstrong as ever. "It deeply pains me to report that the prez is a master scam artist," Nugent wrote. "Didn't believe a word."

Then again, it's unclear if he was even paying attention.

According to Slate's Dave Weigel, the Nuge didn't stand up for anything the president said — not even "our brave men and women in uniform are coming home."

by Anonymousreply 13402/13/2013

[quote]"Didn't believe a word."

Probably because you couldn't even hear him from that distance, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 13502/13/2013

If he said he didn't believe a word, doesn't that imply that he was in agreement with the content, but since he considers Obama to be disreputable he cannot bring himself to believe what he heard? Is this code that he likes what Obama said?

If I could fit that into 140 characters, I'd tweet him.

by Anonymousreply 13602/13/2013

can think of at least 20 more acts better than Nugent in the '70s

Yes

Super tramp

NY Dolls

T Rex

Slade

Cheap Trick

Rod Stewart and the Faces

Fleetwood Mac

Wings

Bowie

Status Quo

Mott the Hoople

Queen

Roxy Music

Cat Stevens

Sex Pistols

The Clash

Ramones

Pink Floyd

Joni Mitchell

CSN&Y

Joe Cocker

Leon Russell

by Anonymousreply 13702/13/2013

[quote]I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House chamber

Does Stockman know that this 'patriot' had sex with underage girls and soiled himself to avoid serving in Vietnam?

by Anonymousreply 13802/13/2013

So much good is coming from his attendance at the SOTU. From the msnbc link at R132.

[quote]When challenged by NBC news reporter Luke Russert over comments he made last year, comparing Democrats like Obama, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton to coyotes who deserve to be shot, Nugent became agitated, cursing at Russert and calling him a liar in vulgar terms.

by Anonymousreply 13902/13/2013

Nugent is loathsome, but even he's a better musician than KISS.

by Anonymousreply 14002/13/2013

The Rumour

Elvis Costello

Derek and the Dominoes

Blondie

J Geils Band

Joe Walsh

The Eagles

Bee Gees

Steve Miller Band

Warren Zevon

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

James Taylor

Carly Simon

Stevie Wonder

Badfinger

Ten Years After

Ringo Starr

George Harrison

John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band

Jetthro Tull

Creedence's Clearwater Revival

War

ELP

Santana

Paul Simon

Donna Summer

Harry Nilsson

by Anonymousreply 14102/13/2013

As long as they were inviting Nugents, couldn't they have asked me? Oh, wait, I'm remarried. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 14202/13/2013

R140, But Kiss were so cute and cuddly. Especially the teddy bear. Back in the day I would have pulled the trigger of Paul Stanley's Love Gun any day. Now, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 14302/13/2013

One of the shows on MSNBC showed him being interviewed by DL fave Luke Russert. A real battle of intellects, that was.

by Anonymousreply 14402/13/2013

I don't know who is crazier: Nugent or Mel Gibson. I would guess Gibson, but not by too much.

by Anonymousreply 14502/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.