Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Passive aggressive tactics

Tell us about the most destructive, deviously passive aggressive thing that someone has ever done to you.

They say that people who are the worst don't even realize they're doing it.

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013

Someone started a thread on Datalounge to "subtly" let me know I'm passive aggressive. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

How do you know whether something is *passive* aggressive instead of just plain aggressive? Most of the time when people answer this question, the action described doesn't seem to have much passiveness to it.

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

[quote]

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

R2, Because most people don't understand the real meaning of the term.

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

R4, that's what I thought, but I'm always ending up arguing the point with people.

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

R3 is on the right track.

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

Is it me or do straight women seem to own the passive aggressive market?

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

This isn't the most destructive or devious example I can give, but it's the most recent and one of the most hurtful:

A friend for whom I've done a lot -- and he has thanked me for that, many times -- hasn't done for me the one favor I ever asked of him, even though it's not a very big favor at all and I asked him more than a year ago. For me, that's a perfect example of passive aggression.

Worse, a couple of months ago, he said he was going to go a step beyond the favor that I had initially asked -- but then he reneged on that, and the excuse he gave me for not coming through was an insult to my intelligence. That, I think, is closer to aggression than passive aggression. At any rate, it ended the friendship, and I'm very sad about it.

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

They do, R7, but some weak men (gay and straight) are next in line.

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2013

The classic definition of passive aggressive: A boss asks his secretary to by a scarf for his wife. Rather than say no, the secretary goes out and buys the ugliest scarf she can find.

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2013

Also summed up with, "I'm not okay, you're not okay."

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

Good example, R10.

Without more info, R8, I'm not sure which I think each of your examples is. But I'm sorry for your having had such a bad time with your ex-friend.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2013

God, R8. I think your ex-friend is just a pure, grade A ,selfish asshole. No need to label him passive aggressive. Call him what he is.

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.