Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This has been oft discussed on DL but...

I photograph terribly. I look ten times fatter and my facial features become a blob with more chins than I actually have. What's more is my face looks bright red even when I'm fully made up. Is that the flash and why doesn't foundation cover it when it looks fine in person?

Are they good places to get make up lesson specifically for occasions when you know you will be photographed and I'm not talking about the Clinique counter or Mary Kay. Those women get very little training.

by Anonymousreply 1802/11/2013

Darling, you don't photograph badly: You're ugly.

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

I knew the first response would be cunty but that's expected. That's why I love DL. :-)

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

Now that R1 is out of the way, I photograph horribly as well. And I am NOT a bad looking guy - and that comes from more than my mother. The camera is simply NOT my friend.

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

I wish I were more photogenic too.

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

I'm told I'm very cute in person but even people taking my picture are shocked at how bad I look. I'm especially horrible in posed shots. I've had much better candid, unexpected pictures taken. I tend to be self-conscious in front of cameras because I hate forced smiling and know I photograph horribly.

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

This is kind of an old cliche but if you pose with your hand under your chin (like you are thinking deep thoughts or perhaps something "wistful") it hides the multiple chins.

And you can photoshop the red away quite easily. If you don't do much else you should get a reasonably decent picture that still looks like you.

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

I am actually not that attractive, but photograph deceptively well. Why is that? Is that a thing?

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

I know you all do not want to hear this, but the way you look in photos is the way you look. You may be more stiff, or awkward in pics because it is unnatural to pose, but putting that aside, you look like your picture. The camera doesn't lie, but your mind while looking in the mirror, and your friends do.

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

Not necessarily true R8. My mother photographs much worse than she looks to me and others.

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2013

What's funny too is that I caught myself on the pharmacy counter camera and I didn't look bad at all so video is definitely different than still photography.

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2013

The reason you don't think you look as you "really" do in photos is because you are used to seeing yourself in the mirror.

A photo is a reverse image of a mirror, but it is the one everyone else sees.

Anyone who has reversed a face in Photoshop can tell you how it totally changes the look of the person.

The camera isn't changing your appearance: You have just gotten used to a face that nobody else sees.

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

But a lot of stars also look worse in pics then I video. My mom and a friend also photograph way worse and fatter in pictures. I think the rounder a face is the shitter it looks in pictures. And I also know many people who look way better photographed.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2013

R6 showing what she means:

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013

It sounds like a completely vapid thing to do but practice taking pictures, and practice with the makeup yourself. The girls I know are never happy unless they do their own makeup so just read the magazines, use the online tools for the makeup lines, and practice.

I learned what I know from online vids posted by regular people.

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2013

That is exactly my problem, R5. Staged photos are the worst. I am much better off with natural "off guard" shots. I can literally feel myself freeze up with staged photos. Very much like the episode of Friends when Chandler had the same problem posing for his engagement photo to Monica.

by Anonymousreply 1502/11/2013

You need to learn how to eyefuck the camera. Call Linda Evangelista for help.

by Anonymousreply 1602/11/2013

I know some women who when a camera is pointed at them they yell "turtle" and jut their chin straight out so their neck beneath falls into shadow. I tried it and it erased my double chin.

by Anonymousreply 1702/11/2013

Actually, r13, that's not what I mean. The hand isn't under the chin, it's on the side of his face.

But the picture is funny even if you aren't terribly clever.

by Anonymousreply 1802/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.