Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pope resigns

I'm in shock. He claims age and infirmity, but how much had to do with increasing sex scandals.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 2502/11/2013

found

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 102/11/2013

You either resign when they tell you or the kill you and make you a saint.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 302/11/2013

The reporting this morning says that, while catholic church attendance is down in the US, it is practically nonexistent in Europe because of the scandals.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 402/11/2013

first resignation in over five centuries!

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 502/11/2013

Pope Ratchett has left the thrown

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 602/11/2013

Someone on DL mentioned his connection with the sex scandals in Europe. He was another archbishop or cardinal who moved pervert priests around.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 702/11/2013

Everyone is calling it a "resignation." What the hell is wrong with "abdication"? Are they afraid their readers/audience won't know what it means?

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 802/11/2013

He just signed to replace Dick Morris on Fox News. It makes sense, since he's always followed the Dick.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1002/11/2013

Not so fast, R10. I told ya I had a "name" to replace Cooper at 10PM.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1102/11/2013

Attendance in Europe was down to nothing long before the scandals. Face it, American attendance didn't collapse only because Poles, Filippinos, and Mexicans consider Catholicism a marker of national identity.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1302/11/2013

He's in ailing health. You can tell just by looking at him. He's 85.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1402/11/2013

When I met him I told him, his dress was divine. But his purse was on fire!!!

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1502/11/2013

The end is near!

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1602/11/2013

"his connection with the sex scandals in Europe. He was another archbishop or cardinal who moved pervert priests around."

Does anyone know why he was made pope, in spite of his history of protecting pedophiles? Was it not discovered during the screening process, or did the college of cardinals think it was okay?

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1702/11/2013

You really are Johnny-on-the-spot, aren't you, OP?

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1802/11/2013

He eat da poo poo

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 1902/11/2013

R17 - it's because religious institutions uphold evil and reward sociopathy.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 2002/11/2013

"You either resign when they tell you or the kill you and make you a saint."

This is why I was so personally drawn to the role of Evita Duarte de Peron.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 2102/11/2013

My husband Mitt should become Pope. He needs to come down off that post-election cross and wear it as a smart pontifical piece.

(And I already have the papal inauguration gown.)

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 2202/11/2013

[quote]or did the college of cardinals think it was okay?

Are you kidding? The church not only allowed pedophilia as part of the culture in the church, they actively covered it up. When they got caught and sued by victims, they had dioceses declare bankruptcy to protect church assets rather than pay victims.

There's been no remorse and much effort to hide and abdicate any responsibility for the lives of children affected by the church's pedophiles.

Trust, hon, that the cardinals were not only fine with it, they were part of it.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 2302/11/2013

[quote]When they got caught and sued by victims, they had dioceses declare bankruptcy to protect church assets rather than pay victims.

In Boston, they closed many churches and used that money to pay the victims there -- usually the most liberal parishes who demanded accountability from the archdiocese and from Cardinal Law.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 2402/11/2013

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Mahoney never returns to the U.S. when he travels to Rome to vote for the next pope. Like Law, they'll find a cushy job for him to avoid being prosecuted for his criminal activities.

The D.A. in Philly would have nailed that nasty pig Bevilaqua last year, but the evil fuck died before he could be prosecuted. Instead, one his henchman priests took the fall and is now sitting in jail.

by couldln't find another thread on thisreply 2502/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.