Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hearing voices in water

I know this sounds weird, but I sometimes hear voices in water. Not often, but occasionally. Tonight it's happened twice. Once coming from a fish tank in another room. A few minutes ago, from the water tank of my toilet. I can't make out what the voices are saying, but it sounds conversational along with a ghostly airy sound like you'd hear in a movie. They didn't last very long tonight, but I've never heard them twice in one night and never from the water tank of my toilet. And no, the toilet wasn't running.

Anyone else ever experience this? If so, what was the source of water? Kind of eerie, but I'm not concerned.

by Anonymousreply 7601/29/2015

Are you sure it isn't just Michael Lucas directing a drugged out you in a movie piss scene?

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

You've got water demons, OP. Get the hell outta there!

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

Does anyone remember the ancient DL thread about disappearing objects? It was an OP about cigarettes or a lighter and had something to do with a hooker sitting on some steps.

There was also a subsequent blog post made my someone (a PhD?) afterwards. If a kind and remembering soul could link me to either or both of these, I'd be a happy man.

OP - Very cool, but I've never experienced this.

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

This sounds like a Rumpy thread.

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

They cannot sing above the ground, OP.

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

Funny you posted this OP. I have a fishtank in my living room and sometimes when I sleep on the couch I hear what sounds like voices coming from the tank. I can't make out what's being said. I just attribute it to some mechanism in the motor/filter thing.

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

Whenever I detoxed, I heard violins from the water pipes.

Be patient, OP. After you stop sharting, you'll be able to eat. In a week, you'll be able to sleep 8 hours in a row! In 21 days the shakes will stop.

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

ww for r6

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2013

The same thing happens in Letter to Three Wives

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2013

Nemo can you hear me? Nemo can you see me?

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

You have schizophrenia.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2013

Are you sure you don't have an IPOD that you left on in the house?

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013

Obviously you're going to drown.

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2013

So I've been awake in bed for hours. About 20 minutes ago I start hearing banjo/folk rock music coming from the fish tank. I checked to make sur my phone and iPad weren't streaming music. I waited. Kept listening. Finally got up to investigate the music. Got closer to the fish tank source and it stopped. All I hear now are bubbles. Wtf is going on?

Fwiw, I don't listen to that type of music. I'm getting a little freaked out now.

by Anonymousreply 1502/12/2013

Don't get too close, OP. The fish want to make you squeal like a pig.

by Anonymousreply 1602/12/2013

Love R6, WW. Laughed and laughed. Out loud even.

by Anonymousreply 1802/12/2013

You should seek medical or psychological help.

by Anonymousreply 1902/12/2013

It is just aging. How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 2002/12/2013

If you're a male aged 15-25 it could be schizophrenia. Otherwise it's the gypsies who live in your attic.

by Anonymousreply 2102/12/2013

For you, OP-

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2013

I hear singing and there's no one there!

by Anonymousreply 2302/12/2013

Does anyone else hear the voices when they come to your place?

by Anonymousreply 2402/12/2013

The call is coming from inside the toilet!

by Anonymousreply 2502/12/2013

OP, it's not unusual to hear voices and music through a white noise source. It happens to me sometimes with an electric fan. The voices are expressionless and sound somewhat like a radio broadcast. The music ranges from orchestral to country.

And no I am not schizoprhenic, it is normal for the brain to interpret white noise as other sounds. But it IS freaky.

by Anonymousreply 2602/12/2013

R15 - Holy fuck the squidbillies have moved into your aquarium.

by Anonymousreply 2702/12/2013

Wow, I was going to post pretty much the exact same thing as r26. I often run electric fans. I enjoy the peacefulness of the whirring sound as well as the movement of the air. Every once in awhile I hear what sounds like a low volume conversation or radio broadcast. As soon as I turn off the fan, the "conversation" disappears. It's a little unsettling.

It doesn't happen every time I use a fan. Far from it. Maybe once every three months or so. Even though I know it is some kind of audial illusion, it seems so real when it happens that I still feel obliged to go through the process of turning off the fan to "investigate".

by Anonymousreply 2802/12/2013

Agree with r26. Same thing happens to me when I have the space heater running in the area of the garage sectioned off that I paint in. Freaked me out for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 2902/12/2013

My mother worked with a woman who heard voices and music in her toilet. It turned out that she lived near a transmission tower for the local radio station and for some reason, the water in the toilet was somehow conductive to the transmission. Other people on her block also heard the radio through various water sources.

by Anonymousreply 3002/12/2013

Might be "The Incredible Shrinking Man" calling for help????

by Anonymousreply 3102/12/2013

My mother heard voices through water too, OP.

Then we found out she had a brain tumor.

She's dead now.

by Anonymousreply 3202/12/2013

R32, I thought brain tumor sufferers smelled things rather than heard things.

by Anonymousreply 3302/12/2013

I guess it depends on where the brain tumor is inside the skull whether you have auditory or "smellatory" mirages.

by Anonymousreply 3402/12/2013

Or, if you are "Mawma" on Sordid Lives, it presses up, yes, up on the "sexshul" part of your brain

by Anonymousreply 3502/12/2013

r30 probably closest to the facts. If it were just voices that might just be spooky, but if you're hearing music (ghosts hate banjos!)...

Probably an auditory glitch. More to do with where your home is located. Like a domed Cathedral where you can stand at one end and whisper to someone at the other end. Likely there's some strange physical phenomena that is channeling sound WAVES towards your home and water just happens to be the conductor. Or like the poster who pointed out that radio waves were being picked up in everyone's water in a neighborhood by a tower.

by Anonymousreply 3602/12/2013

Them are demons you're hearing!

by Anonymousreply 3702/12/2013

Wate is saying `I don`t like you;get out of me!`.

by Anonymousreply 3802/13/2013

[R13] made me chuckle. About a year ago, I was driving my car and kept hearing a strange, muffled voice. I would stop, turn off the radio and the voice would stop. I would start driving and I'd hear the the voice again, even when the radio was off.

Turns out, I hadn't turned off my GPS unit. It was giving me turn by turn directions from the case and armrest where I keep it!

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2013

I think it was the screams of my career drowning in a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 4002/13/2013

[quote]I guess it depends on where the brain tumor is inside the skull whether you have auditory or "smellatory" mirages.

I think the word is olfactory"

by Anonymousreply 4102/14/2013

I'ts perfectly normal. It's auditory apophenia or sound matrixing. The human brain tries to make sense of random patterns. Like when we see faces in clouds or Jesus on burnt toast, that's called pareidolia.

by Anonymousreply 4202/14/2013

Taking hallucinagens will do this to you.

by Anonymousreply 4302/14/2013

OP, it's obviously the little scuba man in your fish tank. Maybe he's lost his air supply and is calling for help.

by Anonymousreply 4402/14/2013

It's the Tidy Bowl man! ROTFLMAO!

by Anonymousreply 4502/14/2013

I hear them whenever I'm in the shower.

by Anonymousreply 4602/14/2013

Mr. Wagner, I'm guessing that is Natalie Wood's voice you're hearing.

by Anonymousreply 4702/14/2013

I had completely forgotten about the Tidy Bowl Man. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 4802/14/2013

This came up in the book "The Lovely Bones" where Susie, the dead protagonist, waas able to communicate with her (living) brother only when he was sitting by a gushing fountain.

by Anonymousreply 4902/14/2013

[quote]Like when we see faces in clouds or Jesus on burnt toast, that's called pareidolia.

No, it's called a miracle, heathen!

by Anonymousreply 5002/14/2013

Hey-

I totally get what you're talking about. At this point I can hear the "voices" most of the time. And like yourself, I can't make out exactly what is being said but I know it's like an ongoing monologue. I've moved on from doubting myself to trying to explain the phenomenon. I believe there are a variety of explanations, including an intentional effort on the part of some entity using some sort of technology...to the random propagation of sound waves through a water medium. All I know is that engaging in an open and honest conversation about this perceptual "anomaly" is our best chance to understand more about what's happening. I look forward to conversing with you further about this matter.

Lisa R. Berkeley, CA

by Anonymousreply 5106/23/2013

I think the water is conducting sound from elsewhere, maybe neighbors. When I wear my padded headphones, no music playing, I can hear my (ugly) neighbors fucking. I can't without them.

by Anonymousreply 5206/23/2013

When your teapot whistles, then you really should worry.

by Anonymousreply 5306/23/2013

explains why R52 walks around with unplugged padded earphones all the time...

by Anonymousreply 5406/23/2013

Maybe you're half dolphin. Ask your mother for the truth

by Anonymousreply 5506/23/2013

I hear them when I'm in shower.

by Anonymousreply 5606/23/2013

Last night I fell asleep on the couch and woke up because the neighbor upstairs was banging on the floor. I got up to see what was wrong and ....my door was unlocked. I NEVER leave my door unlocked and unchained. I think my neighbor entered my apartment while I was asleep. Nothing seems to be missing but he could be an identity thief or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 5706/23/2013

[quote]Like when we see faces in clouds or Jesus on burnt toast,

I keep seeing Patti LuPone on Pop-Tarts. The toaster oven doesn't put her likeness on bread, just Pop-Tarts.

by Anonymousreply 5806/23/2013

I don't hear voices in the shower, but I always swear that I hear the telephone ringing.

by Anonymousreply 5906/23/2013

R59, I occasionally hear sounds like the phone ringing when I'm in the shower, too.

by Anonymousreply 6006/23/2013

Sometimes when I'm on the phone I hear voices on the other side

by Anonymousreply 6106/23/2013

I've never heard voices from running water, but I frequently hear voices and music when I'm running an electric fan.

The voices usually sound like a radio broadcast, with the cadence and expressiveness of real voices, only too muffled to understand the words. When it sounds like music, the music ranges in style from classical to soft rock to kind of Celtic sounding. They are definitely distinguishable styles.

I know the explanation about sound matrixing or whatever. AFAIC, that is only a partial explanation. It does not explain the different styles of music I hear, or why I sometimes hear voices - sometimes loud ones - instead of music, when the fan is the same and it's always in the same place in my bedroom.

One time, all of a sudden, a much louder and clearer voice emanated from the fan while I was reading in bed one night and spoke my name (I was wide awake). This voice was completely expressionless, but sounded male.

It really was freaky, startled the hell out of me. Laugh and deride all you want. I know what I heard.

by Anonymousreply 6206/23/2013

R62, please throw that fucking fan away, it's haunted

by Anonymousreply 6306/23/2013

R62, not to creep you out, but the same exact thing is happening to me. I have a fan that I used in my last apartment, and what you are describing is happening to me now. No fucking joke. I moved on January 1st to a new place and it's the same thing, even the sudden and louder clearer voice! I thought I was losing it. Only at night though, does this happen, very, very rarely during the day.

The most logical explaination, there is a certain sound frequency that causes my ear to hear this and it sounds like voices but is only vibration at a certain level from the fan? Could that be it? The voices sound muffled, like a dinner party at a distance. But then a couple of time clear as a bell, sometimes music.

I do not want to think I am losing my mind, but it is happening.

As I was laying in bed last night, the fan was in the living room. No sounds. But I thought, what if the spiritual world and the way to get glimpses of it in sound was through sound vibration/modification? What if the way ssoound transmitted at certain times with certain devices, oddly a fan, mad it possible to hear other dimensions? Spiritual dimensions?

by Anonymousreply 6406/24/2013

[quote]One time, all of a sudden, a much louder and clearer voice emanated from the fan while I was reading in bed one night and spoke my name (I was wide awake). This voice was completely expressionless, but sounded male.

After reading this last night, I got up and shut off the fan.

by Anonymousreply 6506/24/2013

R63, that was the last time I ever used that fan while I was reading in bed at night!

But while that is the only fan that ever "spoke" to me, I've heard voices and music from other fans, no matter where I am. For example, some months ago I was visiting my brother. I was running a fan in the guest room when I went to sleep. In the middle of the night I woke up, convinced that my brother was listening to the radio in his room, but when I looked at the time I realized it was too early for him to be getting up, so then I wondered if one of his neighbors was playing the radio outside. It sounds crazy, but that's how loud the voice was and how much it sounded like a radio announcer's patter.

It didn't even occur to me that the voice wasn't coming from a radio, until I looked outside and no one was outside with a radio (plus, it's a very quiet neighborhood, so it's very unlikely anyone would have been, anyway). Only then did I realize the sound was coming from the fan by my bed.

r64, do you mean you heard a voice speak your name too?

I feel like you do -- like am I losing my mind? But if I am, why don't I hear voices at other times, from other appliances? It's only when I have a fan on, and it's random even then. BTW my partner has admitted to me that he has heard fan voices, too, when I am away. He is VERY practical, very much prone to practical, mechanical explanations, but he is at a loss too.

I have heard fan voices/music during the day, but mostly it's at night. I used to use a box floor fan whose voices would be preceded by a faint clicking noise. Whenever I heard that sound, I knew the voices would start. Was that a mechanical glitch creating certain vibrations that made me think I was hearing voices, or was it voices coming from some other dimension "activating" the fan with the click?

Again, I know it sounds nuts, and I know what the "official" explanation for hearing these kinds of noises is, and maybe that's what this is -- but it just doesn't fit what I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 6606/24/2013

Creepy. I was just talking about this very same thing with my mother.

I don't know if it's the fan or cooler like you guys say, but at night I hear as if people are whispering. I swear sometimes it sounds like the television is on!

I have turn off the cooler many times so that it can be quiet and I can figure out where the sound is coming from, but nothing.

by Anonymousreply 6706/24/2013

I know! Sometimes, I hear voices coming from the earth; and, to make it even creepier...it turns out, I'm most always near a cemetery. They sort of flood my mind, if that makes sense. Still creeps me out, anytime it happens

by Anonymousreply 6806/25/2013

R62...Yes, I heard my name clearly and distinctly. Most of the times it is muffled voices, other times music, light and barely discernible.

Yes, it is creeping the fuck out of me. It is only when the fan is on does this happen. No other appliances. The odd part is where I live the air conditioning is on continuously because of the oppressive heat day and night. To save money, I have the fan. There is the sound of the central air on with the fan at times. Could that be it? I will check, but again it's mostly at night, except for right now...there are the soft sounds of people talking right now.

by Anonymousreply 6906/25/2013

I have been experiencing this is my mother's house. exactly. I first thought I could be hearing voices, since mental illness runs in my family. But I realized that it's only in her house. Feel free to email me.madnicmil@hotmail.com

by Anonymousreply 7006/26/2013

Risperdal might help with those voices.

by Anonymousreply 7106/26/2013

We all float down here OP.

by Anonymousreply 7206/26/2013

I hear voices in my gin.

by Anonymousreply 7306/26/2013

The death of the "tank girl" was judged, "accidental."

by Anonymousreply 7406/26/2013

It's funny a Google search brought me to this forum because I typed Hearing voices in water! My reasoning for typing this is because I kept hearing what can easily at best be described as a old time broadcast with a laugh track or a huge open room with lots of folks talking to each other coming from the fish tank at work a couple nights ago. At first I thought maybe one of the TV's had been turned on and I was hearing that, but then it dawned on me at this point in my shift no one has been in the building for hours and the TV turning on by it self seemed even less plausible. So I went back to winding the cord of the vacuum but it just seemed like it was getting louder and the more I focused on the sound, the more apparent it became that the only normal sound that was overbearing the room, was the sound of the water bubbling in the fish tank. So being curious and a little spooked out by the sound of people talking in a fish tank... I went to do a round of the floor and double check the TV's and examine the fish tank. But just as I figured all the TV's were off and the salt water fish tank was as normal as a fish tank can be. I went back to finish up and prepare to leave and the sound of conversations begin emitting from that area of the room again. So needless to say I finished up with haste and did a double check on the TVs on the way out and called it a night!

by Anonymousreply 7510/27/2013

i experience the same thing. not sure what it is. I hear sounds in fans as well. I hear water carries sound, I think that doesn't account for all of this. how are your deams? as I've gained a small bit of control over my dreams the sounds have increased.

by Anonymousreply 7601/29/2015
Need more help? Click Here.