She's been very successful in terms of album sales and touring revenue. But, when you analyze her as performer, there really isn't much substance.
1) She's a slightly above average singer. If one is going to compare her to peers like Katy Perry, Rihanna and Britney Spears then yeah, she's a great singer.
2) She's a mediocre dancer. The moves are all created by choreographers and are not remarkable in any way. She's not a natural dancer and most of her moves are the kind of moves you expect from a stripper minus the cottage cheese.
3) She is not a songwriter. She's not an artist. She's a singer who sings songs other people have written for her. C'mon, we've seen her interviewed. She has trouble putting sentences together, she's not songwriter. She pays money to get credit for co-writing songs. So, the fraud begins.
4) But, that's not where it ends. Her persona is rather fake. Young woman working hard, talented, Christian girl, wholesome, humble and so on. That is all shit with exception to working hard. She has worked hard and her tours do have a lot of dancing and it's strenuous and she can do it in all over the world. But, she's not humble. You can't be humble and agree and sign off on such photoshopped pictures of yourself. I've seen early Beyonce. She was never that light-skinned. She certained didn't look as light as say Shakira but check out her Mrs. Carter World Tour promo pics. She signed off on those and her skin looks very light. She accepts money for L'oreal hair color when she's wears lace-front weaves 24/7. She sang at the Inauguration, she's not what I would call very fair yet she is very fair in a lot of her photoshoots.
5) She is adored by many but why? She is not particularly talented. She's a fraud in many respects. She has all this money but can't learn how to speak properly. She enjoys diluting her blackness as part of self-promotion. She does not have hazel eyes, she is not very fair, she does not have straight blonde hair. Her real nose is not small. She photoshops her hips out of photoshoots. Even at the Superbowl, she's certainly not ever going to be the target of anorexia rumors.
It's more unfortunate than anything else. She is not a proud black woman and she's popular because some of her songs are catchy and she puts on t&a shows. She's not graceful, eloquent. She hasn't added anything great to the music industry. She may have 16 Grammys but again, she didn't deserve it. Her repertoire consists of what? Songs like Say My Name, Single Ladies and Halo. The music is rather mediocre and will not last the ages.