Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Supernatural" Viewers

What made you start watching the show? When did you start watching it?

by Anonymousreply 2211/08/2014

I've watched from the beginning; I like scary shows. I keep watching now in hopes that Dean and Castiel will finally kiss or that Sam takes his shirt off some more.

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

I usually give fantasy or sci-fi shows a try, though only a few catch on with me. [italic]Supernatural[/italic] is a bit different in having a blue-collar atmosphere. I love the pop-culture references, the meta humor and the mullet-rock music. It does not hurt that Padalecki and Ackles are handsome. Also, Ackles has good comic delivery.

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

You think it's a scary show?

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

It's too scary for me.

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

I remember seeing a poster for the show before it aired, back when the network was called The WB.

It showed two handsome guys - one with a menacing look on his face (Dean) and the other with a scared look (Sam). Just that picture made me interested; I was curious how the dynamic of these two guys would play out onscreen. I'm a slasher and I also hoped that there would be some good hoyay between these two cuties. We all know how that turned out.... yay Wincest!

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

It was announced by the head of the CW that Supernatural will get a 9th season. Hooray! I really hope Cas becomes a regular.

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

I only watch the episode that have to do with the heavenly/hell battles and that feature Crowley and/or Castiel (or Lucifer). The "blue collar" aspect and the "monster" episodes do not appeal to me. The brothers do have great chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

They want to do at least 10 seasons, and both have signed on for a 9th and a 10th.

by Anonymousreply 802/12/2013

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a movie.

by Anonymousreply 902/12/2013

Has anyone ever been in a motel room like the ones they stay in? The ones where there's a room divider at the entryway, but it only extends a few feet into the room. I get a kick out of the loud wallpaper and dated furniture the set dressers use. But I've stayed in a lot of motels on road trips and never been in a motel room like those.

by Anonymousreply 1002/12/2013

I liked the beginning where they did more with the urban legends storylines. The heaven/hell stuff gets a little redundant. I watch the show, but it's basically just on - I don't really know what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 1102/12/2013

Last night's episode "Trial and Error" was excellent and was a return to the days when the brotherly vibes were strong. Both guys gave heartfelt speeches that gave no doubt that their epic love story is sound.

Dean and Sam in glasses.... hot.

by Anonymousreply 1202/14/2013

I wonder if after 10 seasons Jared and Jensen will have enough cash to retire and never have to work again, because what could they be cast in after this.

by Anonymousreply 1302/14/2013

Season 10 started two weeks ago and so far it's kicking ass. Jensen Ackles is killing it as demon Dean - very scary and chilling, with a big dose of sexyhot. Jared looks ill and thin from his real life shoulder injury but it helps in his portrayal of Sam desperate to get his brother back.

The angel storyline is a little tedious so far but I like Cas so I tolerate it for him.

by Anonymousreply 1410/19/2014

This preview for episode 3 will rip you apart if brotherly conflict is your thing.

by Anonymousreply 1510/19/2014

R13 I am sure with the residuals that they will get once Supernatural goes into syndication combined with the years of convention appearance fees, they will be more then able tor retire comfortably. I don't see Jensen returning to his old role of Eric Brady on Days anytime in the future. With the show in its 10th season, both actors have to be pulling in 6 figures an episode by now. I don't think they are making final season Friends money given that this is the CW, but Supernatural is probably one of the more expensive shows that the network produces given how long its been on. So even with an abbreviated season of 10 or 12 episodes, that works out to more than a million bucks a season. That salary represents the top of the pay scale for nearly all actors in the screen actors' guild. Only someone like Cruise gets 50 million a picture and he only gets that as he is listed as a producer on his pictures.

by Anonymousreply 1610/19/2014

I would like to see Demon Dean to fuck Castiel - bring all that sublimating out in the open. And they should bring back Tahmoh Penikett.

by Anonymousreply 1710/19/2014

I discovered it a couple of weeks ago on Netflicks. So far I'm half way through season 3. I'm dying to read some old DL threads but don't want to see spoilers. Glad to see that Dean didn't end up going to hell and was saved some how.

by Anonymousreply 1810/19/2014

Just the opposite, Supernatural is one of The CW's most inexpensive shows and has turned a very nice profit for quite some time. If you think about it, there are only two leads and two co-stars who don't appear in every episode. They shoot in Canada and just redress a lot of the same locations to be used again. I would guess that the three biggest line items are the salaries for the 2 stars, above the line production crew, and CGI. If I had to guess, I would say that the Js are making about 200 to 250K an episode each.

And it's still a great show.

by Anonymousreply 1910/19/2014

Caught reruns on TNT while home recovering - the "Carry On My Wayward Child" episodes were really good.

Liked the early episodes -Sam resisting the craziness, grieving for his girlfriend, Dean's bravado, but behind it sweetness, fealty, loss, mourning for the life he might have had. Haven't watched the Angel seasons very much.

Love the "Hollywood Babylon" episode. Ackles is handsome, hot, a good actor, with fantastic comic timing, and he is fantastic as the PA in this. Plus a great dig at "Gilmore Gurls" for Padalecki.

by Anonymousreply 2010/19/2014

R18, Enjoy it while you can. It soon changes to a religious arch, God and Lucifer, Angels, etc., that will stay every single season until it is ended or canceled.

by Anonymousreply 2110/19/2014

Just watched the last episode of season 9. I really like the show and wish that I had known about it sooner.

Is the 10 season the last?

by Anonymousreply 2211/08/2014
Need more help? Click Here.