Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What did Bates say to O' Brian?

I missed what he said he told her to convince her to change her mind.

by Anonymousreply 2801/19/2015

Her ladyship's soap.

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

Which is such poor writing. O'Brian is a very sly person. If Bates just whispered "Her ladyship's soap" in her ear, why didn't O'Brian say "What about her ladyship's soap?"

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

Disagree. O'Brien knew he had her right away. If she thought there was any wiggle room she is too cagey to risk it.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

It's clear that Thomas told that to Bates, but how did Thomas know? I didn't think O'Brien told a soul about that incident, and her hand in it. Not even her little partner-in-crime.

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

But I don't recall O'Brien ever telling Thomas about that. I recall her being very upset after the fact and alluding to some generic guilt in conversation with Thomas, but never saying it specifically.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2013

I actually thought the soap miscarriage was bad writing. Bit of a stretch to cause a miscarriage, slipping on your way out of the tub.

It's a good point. I don't recall Thomas knowing about the soap. I doubt O'Brien would have told him.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2013

r3, Bates didn't know what happened, he just knew the phrase that Thomas had told him.

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2013

Bates had overheard O'Brien and Thomas talking about her ladyship's soap and that it was bad but I don't think he ever got the whole story.. I think Anna is going to put it together.

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2013

Know I know that... but she only knew for sure what he said. She'd have no idea if he somehow knew the whole story but you'd assume, with a secret and guilty conscience, he did.

How Thomas knew, I don't recall. I don't remember him being told.

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2013

Thanks, gang. I thought that's what he said, but I didn't understand the significance. I really didn't see much of the first season.

by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2013

She told Thomas. They were pretty close at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1202/10/2013

Somebody who remembers Season 1, why did O'Brien put the soap there to begin with? I remember at the last minute she had a change of heart, but it was too late. But originally she did it on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 1302/10/2013

[quote]I actually thought the soap miscarriage was bad writing. Bit of a stretch to cause a miscarriage, slipping on your way out of the tub.

Cora was no spring chicken, she has three grown daughters. There was no guarantee she would have carried to term.

{quote]I don't recall Thomas knowing about the soap. I doubt O'Brien would have told him

O'Brien and Thomas were confidants and Thomas isn't stupid. He could put two and two together.

by Anonymousreply 1402/10/2013

How the hell did Thomas know about the soap? We're all just assuming O'Brien told him, but was she really dumb enough to do that? I never thought she told a soul about this.

by Anonymousreply 1609/09/2013

It's simple, really. After seeing Branson's good fortune, Thomas wanted to deliver Robert's child but the sperm didn't take. Not for lack of trying, mind you.

by Anonymousreply 1709/09/2013

He said, "You complete me."

by Anonymousreply 1809/09/2013

This sounds like a set-up for a joke about the movie "Psycho." I can't come up with a good one, so let's just partake in an office favorite and brainstorm. Extra points for including the shower scene in your dialogue!

by Anonymousreply 1909/09/2013

O'Brian definitely told Thomas about the soap.

by Anonymousreply 2009/09/2013

Did I hear that O'Brien isn't back for the next season?

by Anonymousreply 2109/09/2013

"Your pussy stinks."

by Anonymousreply 2209/09/2013

But ultimately, why would Lady Cora believe anything Bates (recently out of prison as a suspected murderer, no less!) told her about her cherished lady's maid of many years?

It just comes down to he said, she said. No proof whatsoever.

Lame plot device, Julian!

by Anonymousreply 2309/09/2013

You guys are missing the fact that O'Brian had enormous regret over what she did. She felt horrible, and there was no way to make things right. She was ashamed of her behavior. And she was wrong about her motive, on top of it all!

by Anonymousreply 2409/09/2013

Bates said "I got a knife in my pockybook and I'm gonna cut you up after tea."

by Anonymousreply 2509/09/2013

"Let me tell you about Deb Messing..."

by Anonymousreply 2609/09/2013

"Time to make the donuts.."

by Anonymousreply 2709/16/2013

Bates said three words, "Her Ladyship's Soap."

Barrow told Bates to just say those three words and as Bates said to Anna....

"I have no idea what he meant but it worked."

by Anonymousreply 2801/19/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!