Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

THE WALKING DEAD - Official series Thread 2013

AMC 9 est; 8 cst.

by Anonymousreply 10803/18/2013

EKK! I'm scared!

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

Downtown abbey is 2 hours. Aaarrrggghhh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

Say what you want--Merle is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

Will Andrea continue to be blinded by the feelings in her vagine?

Will one or both or none of the Dixon brothers live?

Will Michonne snarl herself into a corner?

Will Rick kill anyone who gives him the side-eye?

Finally and most importantly, which main castmember(s) will die? We had a couple incredible deaths season 2 and the first half of season 3. I would love it if Rick was gone, but then the show would be too.

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

Really R4 Rick is the lead of the show. It's really about his journey.

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2013

They've done everything BUT call Darrel and Carol a couple now. That's a big shift from them flirting to Carol's heartbreak when Darrel didn't return.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2013

But Carol and Daryl can't be a couple. She's got really short hair so that means she's a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2013

Anyone else find it boring. I was dozing halfway through it

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2013

I think Axel's mustache will be giving Carol rides before too long. He's her type.

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2013

R9 I had that thought about the two. On the last episode, after Carol informed Axel she wasn't a lesbian, he became interested and later someone mentioned the two were in the guard tower on watch. In the comics, if I'm not mistaken, Carol had hooked up with one of the prisoners. Of course there wasn't a Darrell character in the comics, at least as far as I've gotten.

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2013

Didn't watch yet - how was it?

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

It was OK.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2013

I thought it was funny when Merle was talking to Michonne and telling her how her sweet little girlfriend was smoking the guv's pole. Was that supposed to be confirmation that they were a couple or was he just being a dick?

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013

I'm not sure why but I'm just kind of over this show. Something about it lost me. I DVR's Downton Abbey and watched TWD last night and just realized it's over. At least for me it is.

Anybody else feel this way?

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2013

I think he was being a dick, R13.

by Anonymousreply 1502/11/2013

I felt the same way R14. It's the same old schtick. Everyone angry and God forbid they allow Ty and company join them. I mean, wouldn't more numbers be the better way to go. I'm so tired of the anger. It's over.

by Anonymousreply 1602/11/2013

I kind of thought Rick was being a dick too R16. Let them stay. His group is dwindling and they need new members.

by Anonymousreply 1702/11/2013

I went 'whoa' when Rick started seeing the ghostly figure.

I thought he'd possibly gotten over his delusions, so it was a bit of a shock when he started ranting and everyone was looking at him in horror. I can see this causing the others to start seeing him in a different light - who wants a leader who's a raving loon, seeing invisible people and getting phantom phone calls?

by Anonymousreply 1802/11/2013

I hope they do a Nickelodeon spin-off with Carl called Li'l Walking Dead. The first zombie they kill should be Miranda Cosgrove.

by Anonymousreply 1902/11/2013

"Cause their so smart you see."

Shot yourself in the foot with that one, didn't you?

by Anonymousreply 2202/11/2013

I'm a big fan of the show and the graphic novels, but last night's episode was just okay. I'm getting really tired of Rick's bullshit but I'm loving Glen's evolution. Next week's episode looks like it'll be pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 2302/11/2013

Andrea's a goner. Not sure how she can be redeemed at this point unless she kills the Governor.

Also heard a rumor *spoiler* that Carol is gonna turn. Hope not because I actually like her this season.

by Anonymousreply 2502/11/2013

I, too, am tired of Rick's bullshit. He yells at Glenn to accept the hand that has been dealt, but he can't deal with the hand that HE's been dealt. And I can do without the seeing of apparitions.

Hershel has become the moral center of the group now.

by Anonymousreply 2602/11/2013

I don't like anyone besides Daryl, and I don't really care about him.

It's a weird state of affairs for me.

I do enjoy the show though. It's just missing something for me.

by Anonymousreply 2702/11/2013

[quote]Andrea's a goner. Not sure how she can be redeemed at this point unless she kills the Governor.

She stepped up her game when the Governor pussed out. I don't know why but I have a feeling Andrea will be one of the few characters left standing at the end of the series or at least one of the last ones to die.

by Anonymousreply 2802/11/2013

The mid-season break kills the momentum.

It was an okay episode. A little slow. Darryl, Carol and Michonne are the characters I like. Rick too. I'm annoyed we have to go through all the pre-drama of, will they let Michonne into the group?? When of course they will.

by Anonymousreply 2902/11/2013

I fucking love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3002/11/2013

AMC’s The Walking Dead returned last night from its third-season break with 12.3 million viewers, a series high for the zombie apocalypse drama. Up against the Grammys, the 9 PM midseason premiere pulled in 7.7 million viewers among Adults 18-49, a basic-cable record for a series and up 6% from the show’s previous high for its October 14 season premiere.

In total, 16.6 million viewers watched Walking Dead last night combining the 9 PM premiere and 11 PM, midnight and 2 AM encores on AMC. The series was back Sunday for the last eight episodes of its third season after a break of more than two months.

The big numbers Sunday come after a record-breaking third season so far that saw the show pull in a massive 10.9 million Live+Same Day total viewers for its October 14 premiere, which bested all other telecasts cable and broadcast.

The Walking Dead’s midseason finale on December 2 garnered 10.5 million viewers in its 9 PM time slot and 15.2 million for the entire night with encores.

The Walking Dead’s Season 3 series average in the 18-49 demo is ahead of the averages for big network shows like The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and NCIS.

Walking Dead was renewed for a fourth season late last year. That season is expected to begin in October, according to series executive producer Gale Anne Hurd.

by Anonymousreply 3102/11/2013

Season One was so much better, because Shane had long hair and used to take on-screen showers.

by Anonymousreply 3202/11/2013

Something else that I just realized. Does Glenn think Maggie was raped? I thought she wasn't. He's just assuming it happened?

by Anonymousreply 3302/11/2013

[quote]How come Rick’s hat now fits Carl even though he hasn’t grown either? Why hasn’t Carl grown by the way?

Is that reviewer blind? I noticed how much the kid grew since the episodes before the mid-season break, not to mention since the series began. It's only been about a year since the apocalypse started, so how much growing did she expect?

What's going to be weird is season 4, when the kid will probably go through a major growth spurt/voice change and continuity will be fucked.

by Anonymousreply 3402/12/2013

I think we are supposed to think that Maggie was raped. It's just that they couldn't show it on camera --or even off camera.

by Anonymousreply 3502/12/2013

I like Daryl and Carol and that's it (are they called "Darol" or "Caryl" ?).

Being a fan of Carol actually adds a lot of tension to the show because I feel like they could off her at any moment. Every time that creepy old white prisoner talks to her I get scared he's going to murder her. Then, I was worried she was going to commit suicide because Daryl left.

Pretty sure she won't last the season. Carollll!?!

by Anonymousreply 3602/13/2013

I am not sure what episode Linda Stasi watched because it was just okay...more of the same, to me. I am thinking those who complained that season 2 was too slow and too zombie-less will soon be sorry they got what they asked for because now the show just seems to be non-stop zombie killing to the point that it's become boring. I still find it watchable and somewhat entertaining, but I can't remember the last show I stuck with where I disliked almost every character! To me, that may be the most interesting thing about the show...are the characters unlikeable on purpose or would the people who make the show be surprised to hear that we hate most of their creations?

by Anonymousreply 3702/13/2013

Re: the hat.

Your head doesn't grow all that much from childhood to adulthood. That's why we think babies and children are cute. Big heads and small bodies = adorable!

by Anonymousreply 3802/13/2013

The ratings are always bigger when the new series premiers, then a lot of people go back to their old habit of catching it on dvr later in the week.

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2013

Peter Sarsgaard will be joining the cast next season

by Anonymousreply 4002/13/2013

[quote] Anyone else find it boring. I was dozing halfway through it

I agree. Too much talking and too many speeches (and I fast-forwarded through Andrea's big speech.) This show is best when there's action and they're *showing* us the story rather than having the characters stand around and talking.

I was promised that Michone would be awesome, but I'm still not seeing it. She's silent, she glowers, she glares, she's silent some more. Yawwwwn. Maybe that worked better in comics that it does on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 4102/13/2013

Sarsgaard is joining season 3 of AMC's The Killing next year. Is he joining Walking Dead too, R40?

by Anonymousreply 4202/13/2013

Oops got the shows mixed up. Sorry

by Anonymousreply 4302/13/2013

Will Peter Sarsgaard also be on Breaking Bad?

by Anonymousreply 4402/13/2013

NBC has ok'd it. 30 Rock to come back next season with Peter Saarsgard at the helm.

by Anonymousreply 4502/13/2013

There is no Merle or Daryl in the comics so really anything can happen with those two characters.

Tyreese joined the group early (just after Atlanta) and hooks up with Carol. He's a fairly major character in the comic.

by Anonymousreply 4602/13/2013

Terribly turgid episode, with a script that desperately needed a rewrite.

The long sequences between Hershel/Glen/the daughter in the jail were like dramatic molasses. And Andrea's rallying speech was ludicrous. All those extras nodding and hugging as if she was their new Messiah. Had the actress actually raised her voice or seemed remotely interested in her own dialogue, it might have worked better, but she didn't and the scene came off as asinine.

As for Carol, she's probably the only character worth investing in now. Rick's gone ape, Andrea's too compromised and Hershel - while obviously the voice of morality - is too frail to be a hero. Killing off Carol would be a huge mistake. Given everything she's lost so far, watching her forge a romance with Daryl and find some measure of happiness would be a rootable development.

by Anonymousreply 4702/13/2013

[quote] There is no Merle or Daryl in the comics so really anything can happen with those two characters.

Couldn't "anything happen" with characters who ARE in the comic? Is there a law or contract that says they have to stick with the comic?

by Anonymousreply 4802/13/2013

They're falling into the boring-farm-existence again, this time at the prison.

Why is the writing so bad? It's not even as if they have no guide. There's an entire graphic novel series that exists.

Why is Michonne a cardboard cutout of a human being? Seriously, they could just make a mannequin that looks like the actress playing Michonne and use it for 90% of the time that Michonne is onscreen.

Why is Rick going crazy? He has a son and a baby to protect. He's a level headed individual who knows that ghosts aren't real. He's the leader of the group because of his steadiness. His craziness is completely out of character and it's boring.

The writers are stalling with this nonsense of making Michonne a mute, having Rick go off the rails, not allowing Tyrese and family to join the group while the governor is out there knowing where the group is holed up. It would move the action along to accept Michonne, Tyrese, et al, and get moving arming everyone and guarding the prison. Give Michonne a personality and a voice. Dump the Crazy Rick storyline. They seriously need an infusion of new, interesting characters. Move this story along.

by Anonymousreply 4902/13/2013

Haven't all the episodes of this season already been shot? I wonder how much re-tuning or re-editing they can do at this point.

by Anonymousreply 5002/13/2013

I like Carol and I hope she doesn't turn into zombie chow.

by Anonymousreply 5102/13/2013

[quote] All those extras nodding and hugging as if she was their new Messiah.

The extras in Woodbury for noticeably bad in the whole episode. Their bad acting was very distracting.

by Anonymousreply 5202/13/2013

I expect some vehement disagreement, but would it kill the show to, like LOST, flash back to the characters' pre-zombie holocaust lives to flesh out their characters and help to deepen our interest in them?

by Anonymousreply 5302/13/2013

"The extras in Woodbury for noticeably bad in the whole episode. Their bad acting was very distracting."

OMG that's what stood out for me for this episode. I lol'd at her speech and their drama workshop reactions.

by Anonymousreply 5402/13/2013

I wouldn't object to more flashbacks, R53. We've seen a couple already: one where a helpless Shane left Rick behind in the hospital and one that showed the napalming of Atlanta. Both were really well done and both dealt with what I find to be the scariest aspect of the zombie genre - the chaos and confusion that accompanies the start of the outbreak.

I certainly want to see the story continue to move forward and I'm not advocating a whole season that deals with flashbacks, but I think they could inject them judiciously into the current storyline. I think it would add suspense while, as you note, give us a deeper understanding of the survivors and what motivates them.

The biggest road block I see for this happening, however, is that I'm not sure the writers have more than a surface understanding of most of the survivors. There hasn't been the kind of consistency in most of the characters that you would find if they had been more fully fleshed out in the writers' room. I blame this, in part, on the quick turnovers of the showrunners.

by Anonymousreply 5502/13/2013

[quote]season 3 of AMC's The Killing

It was uncancelled?

by Anonymousreply 5602/13/2013

[quote]His craziness is completely out of character and it's boring.

Ever here of PTSD? The guy's having a mental breakdown. His amygdala is shot from the stress. Completely in character if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 5702/13/2013

It's a marginally intriguing zombie-apocalypse soap opera IMO. Kirkman's comics (and the characters in them) were so much more multidimensional and interesting.

Mazzara's the 2nd show runner to have left the show in fewer than three seasons. It sounds like someone at AMC needs to get the show's shit together.

by Anonymousreply 5802/13/2013

OMG the extras! Lol. That said their reaction to andrea's speech wasn't that shocking. These are sheeple. Desperate to have someone, anyone, lead them and reassure them. Plus they had just seen andrea fearlessly kick zombie butt. Next week's epi looks good. Glen and michonne defy Rick and the governor no longer trusts andrea. And michonne finally speaks!

by Anonymousreply 5902/13/2013

I know merle is a dick, but could Michonne really be in love with Andrea? And seriously what is darryl's problem? He's like an abused woman.

by Anonymousreply 6002/13/2013

Darryl was physically, mentally and sexually abused by his brother. That's hard to overcome.

by Anonymousreply 6102/13/2013

Yes, The Killing has been uncancelled.

by Anonymousreply 6202/14/2013

[quote] Ever here of PTSD? The guy's having a mental breakdown. His amygdala is shot from the stress. Completely in character if you ask me.

Yes, I've "hered" about PTSD. Everybody else in the zombie apocalypse has PTSD as well. Andrea shot her own sister. Carl shot his mother and Shane. Carole lost her daughter and watched Rick shoot Zombie Sophia. Then she saw TDawg save her life by getting torn apart and eaten. Herschel lost much of his family. The people who just arrived at the prison lost one of their members onve they got there. They started out as a much larger group but got overrun.

So if Rick is such a pussy while everyone else holds their shit together, then dump him. Kill him off. There aren't any psychiatrists around to deal with him. There's no therapy available and the zombie apocalypse is going to continue. What point is there in having him around raving and foaming at the mouth and making stupid decisions?

by Anonymousreply 6302/14/2013

[members onve]

Everybody typos. Even you.

by Anonymousreply 6402/14/2013

Guys I was watching inside the newest episode. Lori just died about 1 week before, He hasn't slept for 3 or 4 days, this is all happening in their time. I can see why Rick is going crazy, and feels like he cannot protect others anymore, he doesn't want their blood on his hands as so many have died, he cannot take it. But I didn't realize in walking dead time it's not 1 month later for them in the show like it is for us.. Lori just died, he hasn't slept, he had to fight and get Maggie and Glen etc back, now has the governor. Get some sleep Rick, re-charge...

by Anonymousreply 6502/14/2013

Has anyone here ever seen the London Hospital series (Casuality 1906, 1907, etc) Isn't the opening theme song almost the same theme as Walking Dead?

by Anonymousreply 6602/17/2013

I'm not the OP, I was responding to another post in another thread when I wrote OP. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6702/17/2013

Give me more Merle. This show needs Merle. And Michael Rooker acts circles around the other cast members.

by Anonymousreply 6802/17/2013

Dear Walking Dead Producers,

Bullets go through flimsy metal walls. Hiding behind one wouldnt save Michonne

by Anonymousreply 6902/17/2013

This episode was fantastic. Glad to not have Rick around for the majority of the show and allow Glen to finally grow a pair, although he was turning into Rick. Wish Michonne would be given some lines, she's an amazing character in the comics. I wouldn't mind if Rick was killed and Michonne took over leadership.

by Anonymousreply 7002/18/2013

[quote]Bullets go through flimsy metal walls. Hiding behind one wouldnt save Michonne

The same goes double for bodies. Carol should have been toast. That being said, I LOVED this episode. It really made up for last week's retread of the mid-season finale.

When the ambush started, I couldn't help but think, "Even in death, Lori is fucking things up." If Rick hadn't been on his little vision quest, then Hershel wouldn't have been down by the gate and Glen wouldn't have run off. Fortunately, only the mustachioed prisoner bit the dust. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll be treated to yet another week of Rick's psychosis. I'm quite ready for that storyline to be wrapped up.

The actual ambush scene was so very well done. It was one of the few genuinely exciting, suspenseful moments this show has had in a long time. The truck crashing through the gate was a fence was a great WTF/holy shit moment.

by Anonymousreply 7102/18/2013

Was that Andrea driving the zombie truck?

by Anonymousreply 7202/18/2013

It was funny how after the poor redneck prisoner got shot dead on nobody could hit Anything for the whole ambush till of course the two no name towners got nailed.

by Anonymousreply 7302/18/2013

R72 no, she was back in Woodbury asking his lacky where he was when he told Andrea he was "out on a run."

by Anonymousreply 7402/18/2013

They should have let Tyrese into their group and armed them, he and his wife are probably good shots after that much time on the road.

by Anonymousreply 7502/18/2013

What a coincidence that the family being attacked by zombies just happened to be Mexican so that Merle could have a racist moment.

But you would think that since they're in the US, at least one of them could speak a few words of English.

by Anonymousreply 7602/18/2013

R76 have you been to LA 76?

by Anonymousreply 7702/18/2013

I think before the finale we will see almost all of the new group except Tyrese get killed. Hershel, Herchel's blonde daughter, and maybe Carol will also get killed. That's my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 7802/18/2013

What does that have to do with anything R77? TWD has a history of questionably racist turns.

by Anonymousreply 7902/18/2013

[quote]Haven't all the episodes of this season already been shot? I wonder how much re-tuning or re-editing they can do at this point.

Do you really think the producers of The Walking Dead, which is posting record-breaking ratings at each turn, give a shit about what DL cunts think?

by Anonymousreply 8002/18/2013

[quote]But you would think that since they're in the US, at least one of them could speak a few words of English.

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.

by Anonymousreply 8102/18/2013

R76 has obviously not been to L.A. - At least half of the population there does not speak ANY English at all. When I go there for business I almost have to take an interpreter with me. So, it's very reasonable that they wouldn't speak English. Surprisingly, Georgia (where the show takes place) currently has a large number of illegal immigrants from Mexico. Surprising since they are nowhere near the Mexican border.

by Anonymousreply 8202/18/2013

r80, I'm sure the comments posted here are similar to comments posted in other forums, so I do think the producers are aware of fan feedback.

by Anonymousreply 8302/18/2013

Or viewer feedback, to be more precise.

by Anonymousreply 8402/18/2013

Judging by the attitude she gave Andrea,I think Karen is the Governor's new piece.

by Anonymousreply 8502/18/2013

I'm surprised Georgia has a lot of Mexican immigrants. It's a "right to work" state in a brutal way. I kind if thought they could pay crackers as little as they would pay immigrants, and that they would try to keep Mexicans out, since it is a deep south state and they do not look kindly upon those of darker complexion.

by Anonymousreply 8602/18/2013

[quote]I'm sure the comments posted here are similar to comments posted in other forums, so I do think the producers are aware of fan feedback.

No, comments here skew much more elderly.

by Anonymousreply 8702/18/2013

R61 it looks as thought the father did most of the abusing according to last nights episode. Daryl is pissed at Merle because he left him with the abusive father.

by Anonymousreply 8802/18/2013

"Hershel, Herchel's blonde daughter, and maybe Carol will also get killed."

THEY BETTER NOT OFF CAROL!!!

by Anonymousreply 8902/18/2013

I agree, r89. I like Carol and hope she's not killed off. However, she's a likely candidate if TPTB want to trim the budget some more.

by Anonymousreply 9002/19/2013

They better not kill Hershel! He is the only likeable character for me, although Carol is growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 9102/19/2013

Agreed R91. He's become to moral compass of the show now that Rick has gone nuts.

by Anonymousreply 9202/19/2013

I've grown quite fond of Carol as well, I think because it seems like she has always been the most expendable character (doesn't really fit in with the 'fighters' of the group and also gets upstaged as the moral centre by Dale and Herschel) yet she keeps hanging in there. It's fun to root for her cause its like she could conceivably get killed off at any time. I wouldn't mind seeing her character evolve into more of a badass (we know she can handle a gun now) and take a more active role in the group's defence.

by Anonymousreply 9302/19/2013

I think the governor's attack has snapped Rick out of it.

by Anonymousreply 9402/19/2013

Oddly enough, Carol has also become one of my favorite characters.

by Anonymousreply 9502/19/2013

I record the show to avoid the commercials. I find myself advancing through boring parts again. There's too much talking and interpersonal BS again, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 9602/19/2013

"Up Next: It's COMIC BOOK MEN! Some fat guy who used to be a director and wears baggy shirts hangs out with some other old guys and fat losers. We can't tell you what it's about, because like you, we've never wanted to tune in!"

"On the next COMIC BOOK MEN! Something happens and is wacky and relates to comic books!"

"Don't miss the next COMIC BOOK MEN! It's just CRAYYYY ZY!"

"Have you seen COMIC BOOK MEN?!?! STAY TUNED!"

Every. FUCKING. AMC Commercial.

by Anonymousreply 9702/19/2013

I know, R97.

Horrid.

by Anonymousreply 9802/19/2013

I love Carol and hope she doesn't buy the farm anytime soon. As far as the comic book show, is there really a big audience for watching a boring group of middle aged men deal with comics?

by Anonymousreply 9902/19/2013

There doesn't need to be a big audience for the comic book show. It costs next to nothing to produce. It's got to be just a little more expensive than running an infomercial.

There's no set. It's an existing comic book shop. The other half of the show is taped during a radio show.

by Anonymousreply 10002/19/2013

The only character I don't like is Andrea. She needs to die soon.

by Anonymousreply 10102/19/2013

I thoroughly would believe it if I heard Kevin Smith paid AMC to run Comic Book Men.

by Anonymousreply 10202/19/2013

"But you would think that since they're in the US, at least one of them could speak a few words of English."

How do you know they didn't come up from Mexico to escape the zombies there? Or is there some kind of language requirement for the zombie apocalypse?

by Anonymousreply 10302/19/2013

It's Georgia, for christ's sake. What Mexicans in their right minds would head for Georgia if they were escaping zombies? CA, NM, TX, AZ, the whole northwest. Yeah. But Georgia? No.

by Anonymousreply 10402/20/2013

[quote] it is a deep south state and they do not look kindly upon those of darker complexion.

They're fine in the fields.

by Anonymousreply 10502/26/2013

Is no one watching this anymore?

by Anonymousreply 10603/17/2013

There's another longer thread somewhere R106.

by Anonymousreply 10703/17/2013

[quote]The only character I don't like is Andrea. She needs to die soon.

Looks like you may be in luck.

by Anonymousreply 10803/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.