Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BAFTA Awards Sunday Night, 8pm Eastern

The British Academy Awards will be held tonight at 8pm eastern on the BCC cable channel.

Forrunner of the Oscars, and much classier than the Grammy's.

by Anonymousreply 1802/09/2015

Are most of the same people nominated as for the Oscars this year, or are there some significant differences?

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

Yes, there are significant differences.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

Too bad I don't get BBC anymore. Can you watch it online? The Grammy's look particularly trashy this year.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

I love the BAFTAs.

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

So no thread...

by Anonymousreply 502/08/2015

Stephen Fry is annoyingly unfunny this time. How short in Martin Freeman?

Michael Keaton really thinks he's going to win. Snort.

by Anonymousreply 602/08/2015

I love Boyhood, Arquette and Linklater but I cannot abide Ethan Hawke. He's OK in Boyhood but he is so insufferable. He accepted the best director for Linklater and he was all super histrionic. He's so fucking needy and desperate that guy. Was he ever considered attractive? Loathe him.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2015

Did we ever find out why Hawke was screaming at McBongo at the Golden Globes?

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2015

Léa Seydoux and Monica Bellucci were gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2015

Why don't the BAFTAs air the ceremony live? Why air it several hours after everyone already knows the winners? Who cares then?

Then again, this is the same organization that held its ceremony AFTER the Oscars for the first 54 years of its existence (until 2001). Since the Oscar is the ultimate prize, it's pointless to have another one after it's all been said and done.

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2015

[quote]Did we ever find out why Hawke was screaming at McBongo at the Golden Globes?

Because they play loud music at the Globes during the commercials. He was just trying to be heard.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2015

I can't bel Eve the Brits fell for that piece of shit Boyhood. And how they can give Arquette an award with the mind of brilliant acting talent they have over there is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2015

WTF are you talking about, R10? The BBC aired the BAFTAs live in the UK. If you're talking about it airing with a delay in the US, presumably the schedulers thought no one would watch it in the middle of the afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 1302/09/2015

I think they live streamed it on the Internet. I know they live stream the Cesar's from Paris on the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 1402/09/2015

R14 is right. They live streamed it on the internet, not on TV. Reminds me of how the Daytime Emmys were live streamed last year because no one cared to televise it anymore. It used to be a big event, like the Primetime Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2015

The weird thing about the BAFTA US version is they edit things. Sometimes they are kind of sloppy in the cutting and the audience shots don't line up with what is happening on stage.

Sometimes somebody wins and they cut to the audience and no one is clapping or the person they focus on is just sitting their staring ahead blankly.

The Independent Spirit Awards are even worse. Last year they had Resse Witherspoon presenting an award and periodically they would cut to Reese Witherspoon amongst the crowd in the audience reacting to what Reese was doing onstage.

by Anonymousreply 1602/09/2015

R6 no he didn't. Total projectionist bullshit. He even commented backstage at the Globes that he wanted to make sure he thanked certain people like his son because he didn't know if he would get any other chances. Clearly he was treating that like his big speech.

by Anonymousreply 1702/09/2015

[quote]The Independent Spirit Awards are even worse. Last year they had Resse Witherspoon presenting an award and periodically they would cut to Reese Witherspoon amongst the crowd in the audience reacting to what Reese was doing onstage.

That reminds me of when they did Streep's AFI tribute ten years ago, and Tracy Ullmann did a bit about working on PLENTY, which was quite funny, but at one point the camera panned to CHarlize Theron laughing hysterically and just behind her is Tracy Fucking Ullmann laughing herself! It made me wonder what they were really laughing at.

Here is the clip:

by Anonymousreply 1802/09/2015
Need more help? Click Here.