Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sequestration: Will It Happen?

Any federal employees/defense contractors out there worried about sequestration? Do you think it will occur at the end of the month or will or government continue to kick the can down the road? Sunday morning talk show pundits had the odds at about 50/50. I know the the repugs/tea baggers like Rand Paul are mad for spending cuts, but I don't know how it help them since there are large military facilities in Oklahoma, Texas and Kentucky. Where I work, everyone is preparing for furloughs and assuming the worst.

I don't necessarily disagree that federal (and by extension defense) spending should be cut, but it shouldn't be done with an ax.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

I'm trying to be positive about it, but you never know. I just bought a house and this is very unsettling for me. I came back to work a week after moving and our department heads called a meeting to talk about possible furloughs...shit.

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

There should be massive cuts made to the military budget, but it will never happen because the military-industrial complex won't allow it. Military contractors have controlled the government for the past 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

Our agency has informed us that we should be able to get by without an initial furlough with the sequestration. However, if the debt ceiling is not raised, that will bring about immediate furloughs because the government will be unable to cover its bills.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.