Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does Taylor Swift still beard?

After reading the blind item below I have to wonder why Taylor Swift beards? I could maybe understand her doing it when she was new and trying to make a name for herself, but she has been ubber famous for years now. Why continue to make a fool of herself? Is she just dumb?:

This girl is furious about her most recent failed relationship! Her anger is directed at two parties in particular: the guy with whom she recently broke up; and her management team, for getting her into this relationship in the first place.

While her jet was being readied to whisk her off to her next location, she ranted to a friend about the coupling. She is mad at the guy because she feels that he didn’t hold up his end of the bargain. She called him a “F*cking idiot!” and “A bad actor” and complained that “He didn’t even f*cking try!” to make them look like a real couple. This is especially infuriating to her because his management team was the one that originally hatched the plan to set them up.

She is also mad at her management team because this is not the first time they have set her up in a relationship that went wrong. When her friend questioned her why she continued to allow herself to be set up, she went ballistic.

“Why?! Why?! Because we need the f*ing publicity, that’s why! And instead of getting good publicity, now I look like a f*cking slut!” She finished the conversation by declaring, “I’m done! I am never doing this again! I am ready to quit this whole f*cking thing!”

The entire time she was saying this, Our Girl was pacing up and down near the runway, yelling and crying and gesturing to emphasize her fury. That’s a far cry from the sweet, together girl you see during performances and TV interviews.

Oh, and given all this, we think it’s safe to say that this couple is never getting back together. Taylor Swift

by Anonymousreply 8702/01/2015

Because she's gay?

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

Addicted to bearding.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

Is she REALLY fat?

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

"Because she's gay?"

Then let's call her Vag Vandyke the Veiler

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

Maybe she's with a married man.

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2013

Because she's a lesbian who also suffers from the impact of years of emotional abuse.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2013

I discovered last year that I like three of her songs, Love Story, You Belong with Me, and We Are Never, etc.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2013

Do you think she really likes the guys she dates and asks her management to set her up with them? She seems so young, like she would have naive schoolgirl crushes on these guys. But then you listen to the sophistication of some of her songs (except for We Are Never, which she says she wrote because she knew it was the type of bubble gum music Gyllenhal would hate)...I don't know. She seems to go after every actor or singer who has a closeted reputation. From Jake Gyllenhaal to Harry Styles? I mean, come on! Why doesn't she do a cover of "Johnny Are You Queer?"

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2013

And what was the deal with Taylor Lautner, R9?

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2013

Girlfriend likes to play the field. Good for HER! I hope she gets a nice big weiner - clearly the ones she leaves fast are not BIG boys!

by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2013

There was a BI not that long ago that she got pregnant during one celebrity relationship that was real (the popular guess was John Mayer) and that, since then, her handlers pair her up only with gay men in order to prevent any future complications of that sort.

by Anonymousreply 1202/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013

Not a dyke, but likes bad-boys and that would go against her squeaky-clean image. Possibly seeing a married man.

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2013

Celebrity romances get more press. She is not that interesting to tabloids walking around with non-famous people. And she can write a song about the "romance" when it's "over" to get even more press.

by Anonymousreply 1502/11/2013

Ubber famous? Du bist ein Idiot!

by Anonymousreply 1602/11/2013

John Mayer put a baby in her and made her do anal. They only put her with gay guys now, like Jake Gyllenhaal or Harry from One Direction.

by Anonymousreply 1702/11/2013

Well then ... that's very reasonable R12 & R17. Best to keep her away from heterosexuals until science can think of some way to prevent pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 1802/11/2013

Rather best to keep her away from a situation where emotional trauma can threaten the money train. Her people aren't dumb, they rely on her for a living. She may have developmental issues, but I don't want to speculate too much on her mental health.

by Anonymousreply 1902/11/2013

What was the rationale behind her being with Taylor Lautner?

by Anonymousreply 2002/11/2013

There was another BI about her in December that sort of explains it.

This popular young celebrity is pretty and personable and every marketer’s dream. Most marketers would flinch, though, if one of her darkest secrets was to come to light. There was a time when she actually dated guys in whom she was genuinely interested. One of these guys was a celebrity. Like other Good Girls before her, she fell hard for him, and had a physical relationship with him. But he was just using her. She was crushed when she figured that out. Even worse, she was pregnant. There was never a question about her having the baby. Both she and her team were absolutely panic-stricken at the thought of America’s Good Girl bearing a child out of wedlock by America’s Biggest Jerk. The baby was terminated, the couple broke up, and she went back to being America’s Good Girl. It’s one of the reasons her team has been so eager since then to have her beard for gay male celebrities since then. It’s much, much safer that way.

--- the impregnator was John Meyer.

by Anonymousreply 2102/11/2013

That Taylor Swift is such a dumb fucking bitch. Such a fucking bitch she has sold millions of records and made many millions of dollars. What a fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2202/11/2013

Speculate, R19. I'm curious.

by Anonymousreply 2302/11/2013

Taylor bearded for Harry Styles who is banging Radio1 BBC Nick Grimshaw, everybody knows that!

by Anonymousreply 2402/11/2013

R24.. they're just friends. Yes, Harry Styles is gay.. but he is NOT with Nick Grimshaw. You Gryles shippers have some serious mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 2502/11/2013

Yeah, Harry and Nick are platonic friends who are fucking and everybody in UK media are making innuendos about them!

by Anonymousreply 2602/11/2013

Is/was she dating Dianna Agron. They seem really close at a time.

by Anonymousreply 2702/11/2013

[quote]now I look like a f*cking slut!

She' got that right. And such language! It must be hard for 12 year old girls to find suitable role models these days.

by Anonymousreply 2802/11/2013

"now I look like a f*cking slut!"

Get out your pen and paper, Taylor. That sounds like a song title to me!

by Anonymousreply 2902/11/2013

[quote]Yes, Harry Styles is gay

by Anonymousreply 3002/11/2013

No R30, "Poof". Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 3102/11/2013

R31, if Harry Styles is gay, why is he always being connected to all these women in the British papers? Why are there older women who he's supposedly having affairs with?

by Anonymousreply 3202/11/2013

The guys she beards for don't hang around very long. She must be very difficult. They drop her fast. Tim Tebow dropped her after two dates. How many times did she go out with Jakey? or Joe Jonas?

by Anonymousreply 3302/11/2013

And the relationship with Taylor Lautner didn't last long either, R33.

by Anonymousreply 3402/11/2013

OP makes the flawed assumption that most or even many people think she is not heterosexual. The vast majority think she is heterosexual and only a subculture minority is even award that there are people who think otherwise. I see no evidence that she is not straight either.

by Anonymousreply 3602/11/2013

You may be right, R36, but why does she 'date' guys like Taylor Lautner who are probably gay?

by Anonymousreply 3702/11/2013

I think Taylor has a method. All of the buzz around her crappy songs is always, always "who is this song about?" That is what sells her records.

Her entire album RED was based on a 2-month faux relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal. And how did we know that little details in her songs, like the maple lattes and the scarf, pointed to Jake? Because those little details were all in the fabricated US Weekly stories about their "dates."

This shit is orchestrated years in advance.

The next album will all "ooooo is this song about Harry or that Kennedy boy?"

It's all she can do. Amazingly, this crap is still selling.

by Anonymousreply 3802/11/2013

Apparently took a swipe at Styles at the Grammys. Did anyone see it? It seems very childish and immature.

by Anonymousreply 3902/11/2013

Has she commented on the rumors that they broke up because he was uncut?

by Anonymousreply 4002/11/2013

Does anyone REALLY care about this weak featured, FAS twat?

by Anonymousreply 4102/11/2013

The Guardian's Andrew Brown writes that Benedict's resignation "can be seen as an [bold]implied rebuke[/bold] to his predecessor':

[italic]...During the decrepitude of John Paul II, Pope Benedict, as Cardinal Ratzinger, was his right-hand man. It may be that his experience then planted in him a wish to leave office while he was still able to discharge his duties.

Although his accession was greeted with horror by the liberals in the church, he spent almost all his time in office struggling ineffectually with the problems inherited from John Paul II. His most remarkable innovation was his decision to resign as he felt his powers failing. That ought to be a precedent that the church will make use of again.

In Benedict's resignation statement can be seen an implied rebuke to his predecessor, who argued that clinging to life and power for as long as possible was itself a form of witness to Christ's suffering. Benedict, however, says: "I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today's world … strength of both mind and body are necessary."[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 4202/11/2013

r42 - I know Taylor Swift is an insufferable bitch, but to imply that she orchestrated a collapse in the Catholic church is a bit much. Still, her management likely has floated the idea of a long distance relationship with Pope Benedict. And they would have went for it if market testing didn't show that it would alienate many sane people and the entire Jewish population.

by Anonymousreply 4302/11/2013

Hopefully Taylor Swift doesn't ever write a song (or more likely, no song is ever ghost written for her) about grizzly bears....she would have to date one to promote it.

by Anonymousreply 4403/31/2013

My guess is she's a lesbian and will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 4503/31/2013

Who cares. Let her, hopefully she'll go away in time.

by Anonymousreply 4603/31/2013

Bearding is an industry, OP. It provides press for her and "cover" for the beardees. The thing is, even the tween blog followers are starting to catch on. Nobody was buying the Gylenhaal fiasco and the last thing with the One Direction guy is just laughable. There was blind item that she was mighty pissed at him for now even attempting to keep up his part of the facade. Notice how the rumors about him as his alleged older male lover seemed to intensify (at least on this site) when he was seen out and about unconvincingly in love and at her side.

by Anonymousreply 4703/31/2013

Taylor Swift can't be lesbian. Gays or Lesbian are literally chased out of the Nashville music scene. Look at mob riot which chased k d Lang away years ago.

(To those of you who forget, k d Lang was a Country Singer)

by Anonymousreply 4803/31/2013

I think because she needs a constant supply of ex-boyfriends to write her stupid songs about. It is probably much easier to accept a bearding offer than go out, meet someone, actual have a relationship, break up....etc.

by Anonymousreply 4903/31/2013

I know with modern science and turkey basters there are new ways to do it, but unless it was a wanted pregnancy, you can only get unexpectedly pregnant by fucking. Everyone knows that Taylor doesn't put out.

The reference to Good Girl in the BI is Jake Gyllenhall who made a movie with Mike White and Jennifer Aniston called, The Good Girl. So my analysis of the BI is that yes, it's about Taylor & Jake Gyllenhall, but it is a complete fabrication.

Fake relationships are not only promoted because one or both parties is gay. Fake relationships are most often business decisions, period. Whether it hides a gay relationship or not.

Celebrities have public images to promote. Agents & Publicists pair them up for business purposes, or because one celeb really wants to meet another .Taylor's handlers are paranoid about her image. They want Squeaky Clean. I can't wait for the day when she has a meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 5003/31/2013

Jake and Taylor Swift very conveniently had their date when his macho cop movie was being released.

by Anonymousreply 5103/31/2013

[quote]Jake and Taylor Swift very conveniently had their date when his macho cop movie was being released.

No, they dated in 2010 when he was promoting that awful "Love and Other Drugs" with AnnE Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 5203/31/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5303/31/2013

oh yeah that's right r52...Jake has new management now and seems to be loosening up...He was on Jimmy Fallon Show last fall talking about how "beards" (which he had for his play) are so much work. He used to think he needed one but they are trouble cause you have to deal with them everyday etc. I thought it was a kind of funny way of him declaring himself to be in the glass closet and acknowledging the mistake the whole Swift thing was.

by Anonymousreply 5403/31/2013

Taylor Swift was created for Republican, white, virgin, teenage girls, to keep them away from the evils of Beyonce and Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 5504/01/2013

She's closeted herself, that's why

by Anonymousreply 5604/01/2013

In Country Music..... if any of her teenage girl fan parents found out Taylor was lesbian, Taylor would be dead, literally, within 24 hours. Maybe this is a personnel safety thing.

by Anonymousreply 5704/01/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5804/01/2013

I think you're right about that R53. She's just not right in the head and that's just the topping on the fact that the poor thing can't sing on pitch.

by Anonymousreply 5904/01/2013

Blame it on redneck inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 6004/01/2013

I wanna have rough sex with her, she seems so frigid lol

by Anonymousreply 6104/01/2013

I think she has some really deep, serious emtional problems. She is not normal. The idea of having any kind of sex with her is repulsive. But she does remind me of one of Henry Miller's characters, a Miss Cavendish.

by Anonymousreply 6204/01/2013

I honestly think she's an incredibly repressed gay lady.

She reminds me of those girls who date guy after guy and don't realize why it's not working (apart from those she's bearded for).

I think the perceived frigidness is just a manifestation of how much she's repressed herself.

She doesn't seem sexual because she's repressed her sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 6304/02/2013

She's gay herself, but I dont think she knows yet

by Anonymousreply 6404/02/2013

Accoding to EL, she doesn't beard, she is sex mad and cheats on all her bfs, that's why they break up.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/28 **#7** This celebrity is A list. A+ list name recognition. She also likes to pretend she is a victim. All the time. Nothing is ever her fault. Not really true, but she likes to pretend it is true and if you disagree with her, you do so at your peril. With lots of failed relationships in the past, at least three of the breakups were because she cheated. She has never discussed them or mentioned them. What about the time she was dating a then A list tweener. The reason for the breakup was not the one she gave, but was because she could not stop making moves on one of the tweener's closest friends. It was constant. She would make excuses to be alone with the friend under the guise of working together. There was also the time she was dating this A list actor and "accidentally" walked in on the actor's brother-in-law while he was just getting out of the shower. The fact that she was only wearing a towel so she could have her shower was just a coincidence. Well, that was her excuse to the wife anyway.

A list celeb: Taylor Swift

A List Tweener: Harry Styles

Tweener's Bestie: Ed Sheeran

A List Actor: Jake Gyllenhaal

A List Actor's Bro-Inlaw: Peter Sarsgaard

by Anonymousreply 6504/02/2013

That's BS lol

by Anonymousreply 6604/02/2013

Taylor Swift has a major public credibility problem.

She should stop dating closeted males actors for start. But, the fact her entire concerts are screaming 7-15 year old girls with their moms standing at the back, doesn't bode well either.

by Anonymousreply 6704/02/2013

Don't bother with Ent Lawyer's blinds, they're known bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6804/02/2013

Ent Lawyer is so far out of the loop sometimes.

Swift and Styles were so bad a PR arrangement that it showed in Harry Style's tortured face practically ever time they stood next to each other. It was barely worth continuing.

On another note it's good to see Jake Gyllenhaal loosening up.

by Anonymousreply 6905/01/2013

She must be hiding a relationship that would make her look bad.

My guesses:

1. With a married man;

2. With a much older man;

3. With a manager who would look bad; or

4. With a female.

by Anonymousreply 7005/01/2013

So she can buy her houses with cash!

by Anonymousreply 7105/01/2013

[quote]Why does Taylor Swift still beard?

Because she is a Lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 7205/01/2013

[quote]Is she just dumb?

She's stupid but that's not all. She can't carry a tune in a bucket. Her father pays big bucks to people who take her stupid thoughts and turn them into lyrics with her name on them.

by Anonymousreply 7305/01/2013

Taylor should have won the milestone award!

by Anonymousreply 7405/22/2013

That John Mayer thing was probably made up by CDAN right? He makes blinds up all the time - takes inspiration from Daily Mail articles and pics. Even his loyal commenters have noticed and call it the DM Code.

Taylor Swift: she doesn't ping and I'm a lesbian but I think it's a real possibility that she's a lesbian and that the bearding is both to hide that and for publicity reasons. The drama and all.

by Anonymousreply 7505/22/2013

I'm not convinced Taylor's any kind of sexuality. A bit like Tom Cruise, almost asexual, too precious. I'm sure that's just based on her image though. She could be a real partier.

I'm more convinced she's all about career, music and money and I'd say good for her if it meant we, the care-worn public, didn't have to hear about her stupid fauxmances and ridiculous PR whinings on loop all day and night when they go wrong.

I wanted to ref these comments:

[quote]Taylor Swift can't be lesbian. Gays or Lesbian are literally chased out of the Nashville music scene. Look at mob riot which chased k d Lang away years ago.

So she can't be gay because...she hasn't come out yet to be chased out of Nashville. Wouldn't that back up exactly why someone would stay IN the closet? And whatever she is, there will be plenty of closeted friends and supporters in Nashville/country to cushion a star if they were closeted. (Again, I'm not convinced she is, but your post seems to view the scene as being a bit too hickish and one-dimensional.)

[quote][R31], if Harry Styles is gay, why is he always being connected to all these women in the British papers? Why are there older women who he's supposedly having affairs with?

Newsflash in the 21st century: again, I'm not making a statement on anyone's sexuality per se, but that's EXACTLY the route I'd expect someone closeted to go.

by Anonymousreply 7606/09/2013

Can't wait to see Katy Perry ripping her a good one on Sunday!

by Anonymousreply 7701/30/2015

I really like her ....I think she is great in every way.

by Anonymousreply 7801/30/2015

This thread started in April 2013 about Taylor Swift possibly bearding is extremely out of date.

She has not had a date in two years....not since Dec 2012 or March 2013!

by Anonymousreply 7901/30/2015

Maybe she is just hooking with all of the right men who can help further her career. There is just something so cold and calculating about her. Just a business woman, not an artist.

by Anonymousreply 8001/30/2015

But the question remains!

by Anonymousreply 8101/30/2015

She's an autistic beard.

by Anonymousreply 8201/30/2015

But R1 cracked this years ago. She likes vagina

by Anonymousreply 8301/30/2015

I don't get how she and Lorde became bff all of a sudden

by Anonymousreply 8401/31/2015

Whoever said she was stupid underestimates her. She is shrewd enough, and no Kim Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 8502/01/2015

I think I must be the only one that doesn't really believe the John Mayer anal/impregnation thing. As far as I can see those rumors came from CDAN and CDAN makes up a lot of his blinds so I instantly sort of assume that it's probably made up.

by Anonymousreply 8602/01/2015

r40, I doubt that. The John Mayer story sounds like fanfic, too.

by Anonymousreply 8702/01/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!