Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Things they don't have at Walmart.

Like Customer Service, first rate computers...instead they are knock offs of the regular models...Dell, HP, Acer.

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2013

R1's spelling is awful. Of course, that's to be expected from someone stupid enough to defend Walmart.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

Not defending Walmart...but HOW is OP's spelling awful? A couple of grammatical errors, but not bad for Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

Walmart is not a place I will ever shop.

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

OOPS, I mean R1.

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2013

I know that they don't have my custom.

As for the inventory, I wouldn't know.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2013

R1 is lying of course. Wal-Mart does not reduce prices to the consumer if they can help it. They did demand for many years annual price reductions from their suppliers, but this was to force them to offshore production to foreign countries that Wal-Mart was trying to curry favor with like China. It was not a business decision but a political one, and the economic model it was based on was false.

They only lowered prices to consumers because they were unable to compete on a level playing feel in long established markets. As soon as they ran their competition off they raised prices as fast as any robber baron of the nineteenth century.

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2013

Actually, Walmart doesnt carry that anybody can get anywhere else. So, buy it somewhere else and don't fund this horrid operation.

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2013

That's untrue R7. Wal-Mart does not pay its employees a living wage or benefits. Wal-Mart has a history of race, sex, and sexuality discrimination second to no other company in the United States. Sam Walton was a thief and a bigot who routinely broke contracts he himself wrote and his children aren't much better.

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2013

Most people don't know it but Home Depot sells computers.

Do a search in the search box using "computers."

by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2013

Walmart is to blame for many of America's problems. They exploit their customers and help. They sell HFCS-laden shit food, made in China shittery, predatory store placement, terrible benefits and pay. The Walton family has raped the USA and continue to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 1202/10/2013

Wake up and smell the coffee folks. No retailer pays a living wage. Even the full timers at Nordstoms make no more than the managers and full timers at Walmart.

All the silly talk such as r8 is not supported by the real facts. No one has taken an honest look at Walmarts "upscale" competitors.

I've worked retail while in College. I can tell you no one in the department store I worked in was making a decent wage. They either had a roommate or lived at home with family.

Attacking Walmart and giving a free pass to their "competitors" is pure ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 1302/10/2013

I've never lived anywhere that had a Wal Mart convenient enough to shop at -- Boo Hoo!

by Anonymousreply 1402/10/2013

Though technically, R1 is correct. He is decidedly dishonest in what he presents. The walmart product is not the same product you see in retail stores. It's something less. It's a Sony, but not all the features and not at the same quality level. This is how walmart competes. Their products contain "less". They are not the "full" version you would see at a best buy or a macy's. Features are absent for walmart pricing or the is produced in Chinese factories where the retail version may not be. This has been well documented, but R1 is still chewing on the small and spindly cumdroppings from walmart executives who have significantly less than advertised-sized penises.

by Anonymousreply 1502/10/2013

R13, it is fact that Wal-Mart has always prided itself on paying less than competitors.

by Anonymousreply 1602/10/2013

Walmart pays less, and actually helps their employees with instructions on applying for welfare.

by Anonymousreply 1802/10/2013

Retail sucks. But I'll tell you one thing Walmart doesn't have OP..People with teeth.

by Anonymousreply 1902/10/2013

yes, Federated does the same thing for those who need the help. Major retail doesn't pay a living wage either.

by Anonymousreply 2002/10/2013

Walmart article.

by Anonymousreply 2102/10/2013

25 years ago Walmart was very proud of their "Made in the USA" product offerings. Research some of their old advertising.

The only reason they are doing it now is because they are being forced to by their lower middle-class and poor white clientele.

These are the idiots who vote Republican yet who don't have two nickels to rub together. They routinely vote against their self interests.

They are big on buying American-made goods.

This would be strictly a PR maneuver on the part of Walmart if they really do it.

I would want to know what percentage of their goods are really from the USA.

by Anonymousreply 2202/10/2013

Wake up r21, 12.40 as an average means that half the full time people make less and half make more. I know the figure is 50/50, you get what I mean, I hope. No other retailer has created as many millionaires within their workforce as Walmart. No one writes about this. If you check you will find this is true.

Retailers rely on those who are will or only need part time work. That true for all retailers, no just walmart.

I'm simply saying walmart is no worse an employer than other competing retailers. I will give cudos to those few that allow union as in our major unionized metro areas, but most of these unions have lost their influence and effectiveness due to the flood of poor and uneducated flooding into the US and keeping both themselves and Walmart prosperous.

by Anonymousreply 2302/10/2013

Nobody forced them to R22.

by Anonymousreply 2402/10/2013

Unfortunately, it'll take many, many generations until the heirs of the Walton family finally get their commeuppance.

I'm doing my part now. I do not shop there. They are one of the scummiest families, and companies, in the world.

It's too bad a lot of people can't boycott the company. When Walmart moves in, food, hardware, and clothing stores, among others, that were local, go out of business - so where else can people do their shopping, when everything local that they once had, is gone?

The Walton family is a family that is no better than a drug pusher. They give an area a "taste," drive the other stores out of business, and then have a monopoly.

by Anonymousreply 2502/10/2013

The Walton Family: Advancing a Right-Wing Agenda through Increased Political Spending

by Anonymousreply 2602/10/2013

[R1] is Sam Walton from the grave.

Walmart is one of the biggest retail evils in America and elsewhere. Think Mexico where they broke Mexican and US laws with bribes among other infractions.

The walmart heirs hold 42% of the wealth held by all American families. That is called greed. They provide lousy part time jobs without benefits. Share the pie Walmart. I refuse to spend a single dime in their shit hole. Their profits on the back of their employees are obscene and they have plenty to share to build a great company of American workers.

Their produce prices are the highest I have seen anywhere in my life except a few farmer's markets.

They fool the customers with dishonest pricing. Haven't you noticed that often the 12 pack might be 3.99 and the 24 value pack is 9.99?

They destroy American industries for profit by sending manufacturing elsewhere. They destroy local business and have changed the face of retail to the detriment of consumer choice.

Walmart used to make reasonably priced automobile batteries that Consumer Reports called a good value because they were sold at a low price and although not as good as the best batteries were fairly reliable. They were American made batteries provided by Exide. In 2010 they shocked the domestic battery market by awarding the contract for the massive number of batteries they purchase to a shell company in Illinois that had no manufacturing facilities in the US. Of course they are now made in China, they raised the prices at the same time and the new Chinese made auto batteries are now the least reliable you can by anywhere in America. The result of their action was the destruction of another American industry. This was done for pure profit only. My sister has two cars that she purchased batteries for in late 2011. Last week the third replacement battery for one car failed, still within the 3 year warranty period. Her other car is on its third battery. Walmart gives you a ration of shit when you bring more than the first battery back saying that now you have to go to the manufacturer for a replacement. The manufacturer is of course in China and it just a ploy to get you to go away. They only test the non functioning battery for a dead cell which is not the usual problem with these batteries. The problem is actually a voltage problem with the battery. For a long time they have refused to acknowledge this. I started taking the batteries back for her because I know how to get what I want and each time came away with a replacement battery. When the 4th replacement was needed for the one car I bought her a new one at Sears, cost was 25 dollars less than Walmart.

FUCK WALMART

by Anonymousreply 2702/10/2013

Anyone with half a brain can see that you're the one who is filled with bullshit R28. This company is a criminal racketeering enterprise, and it has not been anything else since the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 2902/10/2013

The Clintons served on their Board of Directors for years. I hate that about them. Haven't shopped at Walmart in at least 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013

You've all been conned and won't wake up.

by Anonymousreply 3102/10/2013

Hillary was on their board a longtime ago, urging for gender equality and green Initiatives. They are from Arkansas too, and originally met with Sam Walton to help the education system in Arkansas.

by Anonymousreply 3202/10/2013

r30, Hillary served on the board from '86-'92. She specifically urged Wal-Mart to use better business practices, like environmental consciousness and having more women in management positions. And being from Arkansas, it was a local industry she could support. If anything, Wal-Mart didn't start getting really bad until after she left, and it seems as if there is bad blood because she never talks about Wal-Mart. I grew up in Pennsylvania and we didn't get our first Wal-Mart until the early '90s. That's when Wal-Mart really started to grow and start destroying local businesses.

It's obviously not the same Wal-Mart it is today, so your hatred for the Clintons being involved in the board of the company has a deeper agenda. Get your facts straight.

by Anonymousreply 3302/10/2013

[quote]Wake up and smell the coffee folks. No retailer pays a living wage. Even the full timers at Nordstrom make no more than the managers and full timers at Walmart.

Such bullshit. As a former retail queen, I have worked for both these stores. You most certainly can make a living wage at Nordstrom and full-timers are encouraged. If you're on commission, you can make even more money.

My best wages at Wal-Mart were half of my worst wages at Nordstrom--and with no hope of getting insurance.

by Anonymousreply 3402/10/2013

[quote] Most people don't know it but Home Depot sells computers.

So? It's not like there's a shortage of places where you can buy a computer. And Home Depot isn't that much better than walmart

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.