Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

TV Channels

Why don't TV/Cable channels ( i.e. Bravo, AMC) allow for you to steam their content over te net, and just run them with the commercials?

Why must you go through a cable provider ( i.e. Comcast, uVerse)

Cable companies have been ripping off customers for years.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

Because the cable and satellite providers pay them money -- money based on the number of their subscribers, not on whether you actually watch Bravo or AMC.

Follow the link back to an earlier post which shows that basic cable providers paid 19-cents and 23-cents per month for each of their subscribers to Bravo and AMC in 2009. With Comcast having approx. 23M TV subscribers and DirecTV having approx. 20M, that's roughly between $4-6M for each station provided by two large carriers - regardless of whether you watch Bravo or AMC or their ads.

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

you understand these channels are for profit right? It's not public television. And you wrote "steam" so obviously you are an idiot to begin with and I am wasting my time trying to explain this to you. Get a roku box and shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

R2 is correct.

I get so tired of idiots around here who don't seem to have the first clue about how the media operates.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.