Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

James Franco's Gay Town

Coinciding with the 63rd Berlin International Film Festival, Peres Projects has set up shop in a temporary space to mount Gay Town, an exhibit of art created by renaissance man James Franco over the last two years. “Gay Town explores a variety of themes that are central to Franco’s artistic practice,” states press material from Peres Projects, “mainly issues related to adolescence, public and private persona, stereotypes, and other societal concerns as celebrity preoccupation.” The show runs through March 9. Berlin is lovely this time of year. Pics at link

by Anonymousreply 3302/14/2013

smells like the sweaterqueen gaylings..

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

DListed blogger Michael K referred to Franco as the mayor of Gay Town.

I'm coming to believe he is gay, doing the glass closet thing. Previously, I suspected he was het or bi-curious and teasing the public with his fascination about gay issues. Who knows? He's odd, as is his brother, I just wish he'd come out, if he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

Full-on bisexual jack-of-all-trades.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

Berlin will yawn. They do things on a Monday night that Franco can't even fathom.

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

Does he ever do anything that doesn't involve gays?

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

Franco won't be coming out because he says he's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

Franco, Santorum, and Dobson live their lives for the gays. Gay men are uppermost in their mind at all times.

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

R5, most recently Spring Breakers. Oz could be considered not gay but... It's involves the Wizard of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 802/13/2013

What R2 said.

Dave and James both seem oddly interested in gay topics...odd unless they're gay, that is.

by Anonymousreply 902/13/2013

I saw a video of this shitty "exhibit" on Youtube and as expected, it's just a bunch of shit thrown together that is being passed off as "art". If James wasn't famous, this shit wouldn't even get a second glance.

by Anonymousreply 1002/13/2013

So Dave is gay too?

by Anonymousreply 1102/13/2013

[quote] Berlin will yawn. They do things on a Monday night that Franco can't even fathom.

This. An average person in Berlin has probably had more fists in their ass than the number of showers james Franco has taken in his life. He is such an annoying little attention whore with delusions of grandeur. His lame "provocations" can only be titillating to someone who has lead an incredibly sheltered life.

by Anonymousreply 1202/13/2013

[quote]An average person in Berlin has probably had more fists in their ass than the number of showers james Franco has taken in his life.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1302/13/2013

This guy is so painfully narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 1402/13/2013

Which means he fits right in on DL, R14

by Anonymousreply 1502/13/2013

R11 Google "Dave Franco fucks himself." It may be on YouTube, still.

by Anonymousreply 1602/13/2013

Jack of all treads. Master of none.

by Anonymousreply 1702/13/2013

Narcissistic, wierd or whatever how is this bad for the gays? I don't see any other actors gay or straight bringing up the topic at all.

by Anonymousreply 1802/13/2013

If we all stop looking, maybe he'll go away.

by Anonymousreply 1902/13/2013

Does James do any nudity in this film?

by Anonymousreply 2002/13/2013

It's come to the point where I'm wishing this insufferable dilettante really is a straight guy with a healthy interest in gay culture, but I fear all the signs point to me being wrong. I'd happily have his baby brother bat for our team though, not as irritating.

by Anonymousreply 2102/13/2013

James Franco tells Details that he's a natural at deep throating and has no gag reflex:

by Anonymousreply 2202/13/2013

So what is it that you think he's trying to do [R21]? It is strange that all of his "Art" projects are gay related. He really could be interested in it or just be a prententious twat.

by Anonymousreply 2302/13/2013

He's very boring and not bright, except with the greasy shine of ego.

by Anonymousreply 2402/13/2013

This Dlisted part is great: "his biggest natural talent of all his natural talents is that he can deep throat like his last name's Travolta."

by Anonymousreply 2502/13/2013

Screencap from the link:

by Anonymousreply 2602/13/2013

Regarding R26's screencap, the interviewer says:

"You're known for going the extra mile, but that was, what, a good eight inches?"

He gives me a get-real look. "That was a dildo." Then he turns that look back on himself, and I see the real James Franco: "If I'd had the guts, it woulda been real."

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2013

Who pays his way? Do his films make enough money to provide an income? He must have been doing something right to get the Oscar hosting gig -- at which he totally sucked.

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2013

I am hoping he starts dating Lena Dunham. Two pathological narcissistic attention whores who will relentlessly try to outcool each other to death.

by Anonymousreply 2902/13/2013

They aren't the only films he does, R28. He's been in all three of the original Spidermans, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and will be in Oz the Great and Powerful.

Anyway, he's gotten so gay, that's he come back around again and made me think he's straight once more. His gay interest, whatever its source, doesn't bother me. However, his permanent aura of pretension does.

by Anonymousreply 3002/14/2013

No one is this "exploratory" - the guy is all over the map - and has not sucked and or rode a big fat cock. Trust me, darlings.

by Anonymousreply 3102/14/2013

[quote]Anyway, he's gotten so gay, that's he come back around again and made me think he's straight once more.

Then I guess his strategy worked.

by Anonymousreply 3202/14/2013

James is not as bright as he thinks. And his experiments with gay culture as a "straight man" are getting a little offensive. He seems bisexual or closeted. If he is an artist, gay sex should not be a taboo.

by Anonymousreply 3302/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.