Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So was Freddie Mercury at Live Aid the best ever?

If no, then who/when?

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2013

Behold!

by Anonymousreply 102/11/2013

Freddie was at his best '77 to '82. But Live Aid was not just Queen audience and he still managed to reach everyone so I guess he was the best ever.

But for the best Queen shows check out '79 tour.

by Anonymousreply 202/11/2013

Morrissey on Live/Band Aid:

[quote] "I'm not afraid to say that I think Band Aid was diabolical. Or to say that I think Bob Geldof is a nauseating character. Many people find that very unsettling, but I'll say it as loud as anyone wants me to. In the first instance the record itself was absolutely tuneless. One can have great concern for the people of Ethiopia, but it's another thing to inflict daily torture on the people of England. It was an awful record considering the mass of talent involved. And it wasn't done shyly it was the most self-righteous platform ever in the history of popular music." "The whole implication was to save these people in Ethiopia, but who were they asking to save them? Some 13-year-old girl in Wigan! People like Thatcher and the royals could solve the Ethiopian problem within ten seconds. But Band Aid shied away from saying that — for heaven's sake, it was almost directly aimed at unemployed people."

by Anonymousreply 302/11/2013

My god, I always thought Morrissey was a miserable queen but didn't think he was THAT sanctimonious.

P.S. He looks like Bill O'Reilly now.

by Anonymousreply 402/11/2013

r4 - miserable? No. Real. Yes.

by Anonymousreply 502/11/2013

Morrissey should know all about inflicting torture on people.

As anyone who has ever had to listen to his music can fully attest to.

by Anonymousreply 602/11/2013

I have to admit that Morrissey has a valid point, but way to bring the thread down, R3!

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

Morrissey was probably somewhat slighted that The Smiths were not invited to participate, no?

What Bob Geldof didn't realize is that 28 years later, no one would be able to name a Boomtown Rats tune to save their ass while The Smiths would be remembered as one of the best rock bands of all time.

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

Freddie Mercury rocked at Live Aid. Everyone rocked their game at Live Aid, well except for Simon Le Bon (oops).

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2013

Love Freddie Mercury and Queen, even his cover bands, but did he write his own music?

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2013

Of course he did, R10, as did the rest of the band. Who do you think wrote their music, Holland/Dozier/Holland?

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

R11, Considering that I hear that current bands don't usually write most of their own music, I had to ask that question. He truly was a musical genius to have so many hits that are wide-ranging.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2013

Stock, Aitken & Waterman wrote all of Queen's biggest hits, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2013

Yes R10. At the beginning of their career Freddie and Brian May wrote most Queen songs, but in the last years all four band members shared writing credits. I think they are one of very few, if not only band where all members wrote hit songs.

John Deacon - Another one bites the dust, You're my best friend...

Roger Taylor - Radio GaGa, A kind of magic..

Brian May - We will rock you, Fat bottomed girls, Flash...

Freddie - Bo Rhap, We are the champions, Somebody to love, Killer queen and many many more

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.